Boots

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boots.

It was 1h competency based interview, where I was asked to present the examples of my past experiences that show the competencies required for my role. the interviewers were very nice and expressed interest in my answers. The questions require very detailed and structured answers, so it was helpful that I prepared various examples in advance to later pick the relevant answers.

Interview Questions
    • As I prepared various examples, I was not surprised with any questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Boots in October 2014.

Applied direct with cv and covering letter after seeing vacancy advertised on Boots careers. Contacted by a recruiter, who suggested I consider a different vacant role instead of the one I'd applied for. Said I wanted a marketing role. Invited to a first round interview, which include a maths and competency test, as well as a competency based interview, and CV walk through. Invited to a second interview approximately 2 weeks later with a different, more senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you challenged the status quo at work   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Boots in February 2014.

1. application
    2. online test
    3. telephone interview
    4. interview- based on 2 group assessments, in a big group and small group, scheduling a line managers diary, as well as choosing a new product for boots to sell out of 4 products and why.
    Role play- given a new store to open in different locations, sales information, rent, expenses etc provided, you have to choose the right store and why, informing the manager on your decision.
    interview was very relaxed, asked questions similar to the phone interview.

Cosmetic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boots in January 2014.

It is really easy, it is more like a chat with friends due to the ridiculously high turnover. First time you will turn up with some others and do a group exercise and they will assess you on communication and teamwork skills to see how well you fit in. The second part is just having a chat with one of the managers, not so much about what you have done as they wont understand it.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our current range of products?   View Answer
    Easy, I did this through HR over the phone.

Customer Advisor Nottingham Support Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boots in January 2014.

Customer Advisor at the Nottingham Support Office.
    Interview last approximately 2 hours and include 3 stages.
    1. One to one interview with hiring manager/ call centre manager. The manager ask questions that is expected to be answered in as much details as possible providing your past work experience examples. The manager will explain instructions at the beginning of the interview what he/she might be interested to hear in your answer and that you would be able to ask questions at the end of the interview.
    2. Phone exercise/skills test. You will be given instructions and the hiring manager/call centre manager will explain to you what will be involved in this part of the interview and what you have to do. Essentially you will have to answer two phone calls (the hiring manager will call you) and resolve the issues/complains in professional manner.
    3. You will get a number of emails you will have to respond to in a set period of time.

I can honestly say this was one of the most enjoyable job interviews I have ever had. It was conducted in a positive, professional but relaxed manner. Both of the hiring managers/call centre manager I have met on the day made me feel very welcome. In fact over all atmosphere of the call canter was positive, staff smiling. I must point out that I noticed that it was a great mix of people working at the centre. You have to remember it is not only the company do the interview to see if you have the skills and are right person but we as the jobseekers also have to feel comfortable working for a company and see ourselves fitting in.

If you are naturally love customer service and are polite, friendly and sympathetic nature who can resolve issues efficiently in professional manner this job is for you.

Last point both of the hiring managers / call centre managers had a good, firm but not over powering handshake. You can tell a lot by a persons handshake.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult or unexpected however the telephone task was a little more difficult but perhaps I was nervous at that point.   Answer Question

I got offered work-placement in my field the same time so it would clash but I will defiantly reapply once that is complete.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

interviewed at Boots in September 2012.

One-to-one interview, shop floor competency questions, shop floor tasks.