Booz Allen Hamilton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Aberdeen, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Good interaction with a recruiter and hiring manager. Phone interview had softball questions and minimal salary negotiations. In person interview was conducted with numerous team members in a "speed dating" style and caped by an interview with the Senior Associate. This interview took about 3 -4 hours. Overall, this could be intense if I hadn't conducted research ahead of time to learn about the speed dating approach and typical questions asked.

Interview Question – None that I can remember - everything was relatively simple, just a lot, with a lot of different people over a few hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation - paid my asking price

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Aberdeen, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Aberdeen recruiting staff is very flaky and bad with communication during hiring process. BAH doesn't appear to know what their customer(s) need staffing-wise. Not uncommon to get deep in hiring process only for client to not be interested in adding a position - much time wasted (months).

Interview Question – Unexpected question was "why should we hire you?" because no one asks that question anymore.   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – Decided to stay at my current job. Was excited at first but nothing about the hiring process or the people i'd be working with impressed me. Would only recommend interviewing at this location if you have the time to chase down their recruiters to NOT get answers.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Aberdeen, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2012.

Interview Details – I became interested in the company through a referral and submitted an application on the website. I then connected with recruiter on LinkedIn and was contacted via phone the next day. From there I was scheduled for a web interview with three different teams. The online interview was very stress-free and more of me interviewing them and asking them questions. They value military experience and leadership skills acquired through military.

After the interview, I was transferred to another recruiter for the area I was applying to. He was very hard to get answers from. He would call and give me good news and tell me that he had to get back with the team and would call me back at a given timeline. After the second timeline wasn't met, I began calling him.

I received an offer only after I called and told him that I had another offer that I had to answer by the end of the week. From that point on (for the rest of the day), he was very proactive. He called back within the next hour with an offer. I countered for negotation and was told that they will not be able to get in my range, but they could get closer. Within the hour, they counter-offered highered than what I expected and was in my range.

Interview Question – All standard interview questions. Very stress free. Focus more on questions that you will ask, and ask a lot of questions and show interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was sent an initial offer lower than my range and was told to compare to my other offer. I called back and told them that my other offer was in my range and would like to negotiate higher. Recruiter told me that he didn't think that he could get me into my range, but could get me closer. He called back an hour later with an offer within my range and higher than my other offer.

Bioscience Sonsultant Interview

Bioscience Sonsultant
Aberdeen, MD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2008.

Interview Details – I passed my resume to someone in the company (the best way to get your resume noticed) and was called in for an interview. I interviewed with five people for a total of three hours. Afterwards, I was allowed to ask questions and was given a tour of the office.

Interview Question – Why haven't you used your expertise in another field (one that I may have been more suited for)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't do a good job of negotiating.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!