Booz Allen Hamilton

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – It was in the Mclean office. It was group oriented pretty much like speed dating. each interviewee would sit in front of one or two interviewers. Not bad, real relax, business attire (suit&tie). First a phone interview then next they invite you to sit down with interviewers at a later date

Interview Question – tell me an example of a strong work ethic and why   Answer Question

Fort Meade, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2013.

Interview Details – Quick

Interview Question – On the initial recruiter phone call I didn't expect to be asked expected starting salary.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – After finding my resume in their database a recruiter contacted me about a possible new graduate position opening up. The questions were pretty standard interview questions. The recruiter asked if I was willing to relocate, general background information, leadership capabilities. The interview went okay for a first, but they were looking for someone with more of a technical background.

Interview Question – Since it was the first call I did not expect to get a question about my salary expectations.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2012.

Interview Details – I have been referred for a handful of jobs with BAH throughout the past year, and I have had a negative experience in the times I have been contacted by HR. The time I did finally get an interview, it was done by phone from a subcontractor hired by BAH. This subcontractor is a one-woman-shop who uses the same phone number to conduct BAH business as well as sell her own cruise line/travel agency services among other businesses she has on the side. This was her own personal phone number as well, not a company number. I found all of this out after i did a google search of this person and had my friend who works for BAH look her up in their system.

Needless to say, her questions/responses were very unprofessional and she was very aggressive on the phone. She treated me as if I did not know what I was talking about or had any idea what I was doing. She accused me of not having any real interest in a job because I expressed flexibility in the particular work role I was interested in. After the 20min conversation she tells me it wasn't a job interview, it was a "clearing" system BAH uses to create profiles for prospective employees. And when she asked if i had ever applied for a job at BAH and i said yes, she accused me of lying because she could not find me in their computer system.

Needless to say, I quickly became disinterested in working for BAH. I have had other HR personnel email me to follow up on applications and not one has bothered to respond to my inquiry of how things are moving along or expressed any further interest. I can confidently say that this is a BAH problem and not a problem with my qualifications or interview style as i have received multiple offers from top contractors and federal agencies. There are many other internal issues BAH has, including ineffective leadership, lower than average compensation, reduced benefits, and poor values and ethical practices. I do not recommend BAH to any professional. There are other contractors out there with better practices and values than BAH.

Interview Question – more like unexpected accusations than questions. very unprofessional HR department.   View Answer

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2012.

Interview Details – Absolutely disgusting. BAH won a Governemnt contract bid and interviewed many of the personnel that worked for the previous contractor. We were invited to an "open house" after hours 5:30 pm and then asked to stay for interviews with BAH personnel and their sub contractor companies that were not even aware of what they would be doing for the government.

Interview Question – What exactly do you currently do for the government customer? The interviewer did not know what the duties were for the position I held and was being interviewed for again.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much until my previous employer offered me a different postion and BAH was not going to be able to deliver on the promises they made to the government customer that there would be a smooth transition. Program manager right out lied to perspective employees and the government customer

Rockville, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was behavior-based interview. Asked about current work, past experiences, and some "describe a situation where..." questions. Was invited to an onsite interview to talk with a series of different team members, ranging from top dog to newcomer. 4/6 people were very engaging, and had lots of relevant questions; other 2 were a bit removed, either due to topic area or something else.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Interview Details – Intital contact was done via phone and e-mail. One week after initial contact a formal telephone interview was scheduled. The interview consisted of a Skills assessment and basic job knowledge. Post interview was with a recruiter followed up with a formal letter of intent and job offer. Throughout the entire process all members of the company were friendly, knowlegeable and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't do too much negotiation because I was very happy with the offer I was given. Though they were willing to work out a better compensation package.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2009.

Interview Details – First part was a phone screen with HR, then brought in for a series of 1:1 interviews to discuss experience and flesh out my resume. Final was 1:1 with potential engagement manager

Interview Question – Describe in detail your industry experience   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Noticed that first offer was at the low end of the employment band

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I sent in my resume through a university hiring initiative and got a call to schedule an interview time within 12 hours. I interviewed with two people who would have been my supervisors ,three days later. The interview was mostly easy and involved a lot of current events questions. However, it was obvious that they had not looked at my resume beforehand because they asked if I spoke Spanish and if I had a security clearance or had lived in the DC area, which one glance at my resume would have indicated I did not. They told me I would know within two weeks. After multiple phone calls and emails, no one responded. Seven weeks later I got an email from the university career services office on their behalf saying that I was not selected. They did not even tell me themselves but had to go through an intermediary. Overall, I was very disappointed that it took so long and that this was obviously such a haphazard process.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain contemporary Mexican politics in detail when absolutely nothing on my resume or in the job description indicated any knowledge about Latin America or Mexico.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact was by email, followed by a scheduled phone interview. After it seemed I met the requirements for the position, I was told I would be called back for a group interview. There was a several month gap between this phone interview and the actual interview, which prompted me to follow up with them by email (tactfully.) I was finally able to interview in person, it was a round-robin style interview where I sat in a room and 5 people were scheduled to interview me one after the other. Everyone was very pleasant and nice. The interview panel consisted of the HR person, and members of the team where the job was available. The interview location was very classy and the company very polished in appearance.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a situation that didn't go as planned, and were you able to solve the problem and how?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Analyst interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.