Booz Allen Hamilton Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.8

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The interview process was casual and in a casual setting. We met and sat in a corner of a lobby removed from traffic. I had to remind myself to stay in an attentive posture, as the interview felt very much like a casual conversation versus a stump the chump with stupid favorite color style questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2014.

Interview

In person, multiple phone screenings, coding interview. Very unprofessional, passed along to multiple recruiters, never knew my point of contact. Process took very long and felt in the dark 99% of the time. Coding interview was difficult, screenings were mostly resume/fit based. Most of the wait attributed to background screenings.

Interview Questions

• Vertex cover / Fix code / and some more math based questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was in the Mclean office. It was group oriented pretty much like speed dating. each interviewee would sit in front of one or two interviewers. Not bad, real relax, business attire (suit&tie). First a phone interview then next they invite you to sit down with interviewers at a later date

Anonymous Employee in Fort Meade, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Fort Meade, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Quick

Interview Questions

• On the initial recruiter phone call I didn't expect to be asked expected starting salary.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

After finding my resume in their database a recruiter contacted me about a possible new graduate position opening up. The questions were pretty standard interview questions. The recruiter asked if I was willing to relocate, general background information, leadership capabilities. The interview went okay for a first, but they were looking for someone with more of a technical background.

Interview Questions

• Since it was the first call I did not expect to get a question about my salary expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

I have been referred for a handful of jobs with BAH throughout the past year, and I have had a negative experience in the times I have been contacted by HR. The time I did finally get an interview, it was done by phone from a subcontractor hired by BAH. This subcontractor is a one-woman-shop who uses the same phone number to conduct BAH business as well as sell her own cruise line/travel agency services among other businesses she has on the side. This was her own personal phone number as well, not a company number. I found all of this out after i did a google search of this person and had my friend who works for BAH look her up in their system. Needless to say, her questions/responses were very unprofessional and she was very aggressive on the phone. She treated me as if I did not know what I was talking about or had any idea what I was doing. She accused me of not having any real interest in a job because I expressed flexibility in the particular work role I was interested in. After the 20min conversation she tells me it wasn't a job interview, it was a "clearing" system BAH uses to create profiles for prospective employees. And when she asked if i had ever applied for a job at BAH and i said yes, she accused me of lying because she could not find me in their computer system. Needless to say, I quickly became disinterested in working for BAH. I have had other HR personnel email me to follow up on applications and not one has bothered to respond to my inquiry of how things are moving along or expressed any further interest. I can confidently say that this is a BAH problem and not a problem with my qualifications or interview style as i have received multiple offers from top contractors and federal agencies. There are many other internal issues BAH has, including ineffective leadership, lower than average compensation, reduced benefits, and poor values and ethical practices. I do not recommend BAH to any professional. There are other contractors out there with better practices and values than BAH.

Interview Questions

• more like unexpected accusations than questions. very unprofessional HR department.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Tampa, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Absolutely disgusting. BAH won a Governemnt contract bid and interviewed many of the personnel that worked for the previous contractor. We were invited to an "open house" after hours 5:30 pm and then asked to stay for interviews with BAH personnel and their sub contractor companies that were not even aware of what they would be doing for the government.

Interview Questions

• What exactly do you currently do for the government customer? The interviewer did not know what the duties were for the position I held and was being interviewed for again.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much until my previous employer offered me a different postion and BAH was not going to be able to deliver on the promises they made to the government customer that there would be a smooth transition. Program manager right out lied to perspective employees and the government customer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was behavior-based interview. Asked about current work, past experiences, and some "describe a situation where..." questions. Was invited to an onsite interview to talk with a series of different team members, ranging from top dog to newcomer. 4/6 people were very engaging, and had lots of relevant questions; other 2 were a bit removed, either due to topic area or something else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Interview

Intital contact was done via phone and e-mail. One week after initial contact a formal telephone interview was scheduled. The interview consisted of a Skills assessment and basic job knowledge. Post interview was with a recruiter followed up with a formal letter of intent and job offer. Throughout the entire process all members of the company were friendly, knowlegeable and professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't do too much negotiation because I was very happy with the offer I was given. Though they were willing to work out a better compensation package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in February 2009.

Interview

First part was a phone screen with HR, then brought in for a series of 1:1 interviews to discuss experience and flesh out my resume. Final was 1:1 with potential engagement manager

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your industry experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Noticed that first offer was at the low end of the employment band