Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated Sep 30, 2014

2.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions
    • I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question
    They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The first interview with human resources which involved only typical questions. The second phone interview was with a data scientist from DC. This was a very relaxed interview with typical questions. My third interview was on Skype with a Data Scientist project leader. He asked several difficult behavioral questions. The position required TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph required. After filing out background information forms for security clearance I was immediately told "we regretfully do not have the right position available at this time."

DNI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2013.

Interviewed for position on SDS contract. Conducted F-T-F interview with a junior employee for about 20 minutes. It was clear that they were looking for specific answers and didn't care about anything else.

Recommend that you volunteer information about your experience that you think is relevant, because they didn't ask for it. Finding out the results of the interview was like pulling teeth.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was technical oriented, but not one about previous job experience. It is apparent that the interviewer was working off a check-list, with no effort to "personalize" the process. I could have been dressed like a Somali pirate and armed with an AK-47, as long as I said "yes" to having working knowledge of specific software apps and databases. This is how Eric Snowden got his job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

The hiring process was fast, but I had 2 BAH employees recommending me. I though the interview team was a little junior/in-experienced, but I felt comfortable and they did ask enough technical questions

Interview Questions
    Very straightforward, I accepted the offered salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

I first had a phone interview and was asked fairly standard interview questions. About a week later, I met in-person with HR and two members of the technology team. The interview was fairly standard and there were not any particularly difficult questions. It took about a month to receive a written offer. They use temps and outsource much of HR so that seems to add some confusion. After the offer the background check took an eternity. Years. Ultimately I decided to discontinue the process.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Recruiter was a contracted employee and based on his aggressiveness, he was paid on commission. I was contacted the next day after applying online and had an interview set up within a couple days. Was not interested in the first team I interviewed with, and recruiter was slow to set up second interview with another team. Second interview was much more to my interest and I expressed a willingness to entertain the opportunity. Hiring manager made an offer before I could get out to my car after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were based on determining if I would be interested in the work. Not many skill-based questions. Some behavioral questions like "Describe a time where you had a dispute with a coworker and how you resolved it." Pretty softball interview.   Answer Question
    I wasn't initially interested in the position, so I gave them the most ridiculous salary requirement I could think of without being offensive. They accepted it and gave me an offer before I got to my car after leaving the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Had a phone interview, that was a basic review of my resume. Was asked to setup a group panel interview which I accepted, interview lasted about 45 Minutes. Received an offer about 3 days later. Offer was what I expected them to offer, but not what I was seeking.

Interview Questions
    • What machine would you use to take over network if you had choice   View Answer
    • What work environment are you looking for   View Answer

The offer was less than I asked for, while my asking price was reasonable based on my previous pay.