Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.6

105 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Interview is easy. The first is hard to see what you know and don't know. The second is to let you know if you like the proposed position. Not a hard interview at all. More about personality.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to propose a new solution and also sell it for future contractual work   Answer Question
None

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2014.

Impressed! After a telephone screen, by a very polished BAH Sr. Recruiter, Invited to attend a speed dating like interview event where candidates could interview with different managers working on distinct projects. Lots of coordination required of the BAH folks, but everything went smoothly and according to plan. The managers I interviewed with were both down to earth, professional and new what they were talking about. For the first time in awhile, I walked away from an interview(s) with a very positive feeling for the company and all the BAH employees I encountered along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What did you find out about the company that you did not glean from researching the company or the brief orientation that you received prior to your interview today?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There were none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

It was very quick and efficient. Almost too much so. One phone screen followed by an HR session that described the process. Then 40 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager. Soon after, I was brought into the office for a couple of sessions with peers. Less than a week from 1st contact to offer. The security screen was a big pain however.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handle working for the government?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

The hiring process was a smooth one. My initial phone screen was with the recruiter. She conformed my face-to-face at the end. The following week I went in for my interview. The interview was in a conference room and resembled speed dating. I remained seated and the managers moved from table to table. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Why Booz Allen Hamilton and not Deloitte, Accenture, or a McKinsey?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy. I didn't ask for much so I got what I requested.

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Get spammed for potential work (not funded) by HR contractors. Sit through an interview given empty promises. Sit at the Herndon office for two days of Indoctrination, the pinnacle of which was an ethics board game.

Interview Questions
    We're gonna pay you less than what you were making but were gonna throw in a 10K sign-on bonus, mkay

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interviews are generally behavior-based questions. You will be grilled around your expertise and fit with the firm's culture. Stay persistent with recruiters; they tend to be lackadaisical with follow-up.

Interview Questions
    The company does not take kindly to negotiation. The recruiter made me feel like they were going to revoke my offer when I asked for more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions
    • I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question
    They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.