Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

2.6

99 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Associate Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There were none.

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Get spammed for potential work (not funded) by HR contractors. Sit through an interview given empty promises. Sit at the Herndon office for two days of Indoctrination, the pinnacle of which was an ethics board game.

Interview Questions
    We're gonna pay you less than what you were making but were gonna throw in a 10K sign-on bonus, mkay

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interviews are generally behavior-based questions. You will be grilled around your expertise and fit with the firm's culture. Stay persistent with recruiters; they tend to be lackadaisical with follow-up.

Interview Questions
    The company does not take kindly to negotiation. The recruiter made me feel like they were going to revoke my offer when I asked for more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions
    • I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question
    They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

It was a straight forward interview. I was asked about previous experiences and how they may relate to the current task order. The interview was a panel process where I was interviewed by multiple team members. I think they're more interested in background coupled with personality fit.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. The offered a lower salary and would not negotiate on vesting or vacation to compensate.

Associate Interview

After a fairly standard pre-screen process I was invited to an 'interview event' where four Senior Associates rotated through asking questions. Most of the questions are situational based but I have heard of case interviews as well. Mostly it was about being able to quickly establish a rapport with the interviewer and express oneself well.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise questions, they do a good job getting you ready for what to expect.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate - take it or leave it

Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Only had 1 round in person - met with 2 people for about 45 min each. Easy going convo.

Interview Questions
    Was only able to negotiate bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was fortunate and knew someone...no interview process

Interview Questions
    I got what I initially asked for

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!