Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Each was timeboxed to 30 min and split evenly between building rapport and case study. These case studies were varied but focused on my industry. Due to scheduling challenges on my and the interviewer's sides, the in person interviews were on two different days.

Interview Questions

• I came from a corporation so the emphasis was, why consulting? Could I handle the lifestyle?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

It started with a call from the recruiter who found my resume in her database and briefly discussed my interests and my desire to work at the company. I was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. I went to the office and started the interview with multiple candidates where we were told about the company and the type of opportunities available. Then we broke out and individually met with 3 interviewers. The interviewers each asked personality/behavioral type questions. There was no case study. After the interview I was offered a job 3 days later and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I first made contact through an employee working in BAH and when the position opened up I applied using an employee reference. I believe that going through an employee reference is ones greatest chance of getting to the interview process. I answered some preliminary questions regarding my background through a phone interview with their HR. Then a week later was scheduled for an in person interview. It was quite relaxed, behavioral type of questions were asked. Make sure to study about the company and incorporate it into your answers.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a conflict you have faced in the office, how you handeled it and what were the results.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral which turned into a phone interview followed by two more phone interviews in replacement of an on-site interview because I could not fly to DC. Never heard back after my two phone interviews even after checking with the recruiter and interviewers multiple times. Very disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The interview was for the role of an associate in strategic innovation group. Part of the interview was conduct over the phone and the second of the interview was conducted in person with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The interview did not seem difficult or challenging and focused on several behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview is easy. The first is hard to see what you know and don't know. The second is to let you know if you like the proposed position. Not a hard interview at all. More about personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to propose a new solution and also sell it for future contractual work   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Impressed! After a telephone screen, by a very polished BAH Sr. Recruiter, Invited to attend a speed dating like interview event where candidates could interview with different managers working on distinct projects. Lots of coordination required of the BAH folks, but everything went smoothly and according to plan. The managers I interviewed with were both down to earth, professional and new what they were talking about. For the first time in awhile, I walked away from an interview(s) with a very positive feeling for the company and all the BAH employees I encountered along the way.

Interview Questions

• What did you find out about the company that you did not glean from researching the company or the brief orientation that you received prior to your interview today?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very quick and efficient. Almost too much so. One phone screen followed by an HR session that described the process. Then 40 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager. Soon after, I was brought into the office for a couple of sessions with peers. Less than a week from 1st contact to offer. The security screen was a big pain however.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle working for the government?   Answer Question