Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I would describe the interview as somewhat stressful. There was a total of 6 people I interviewed with and included potential bosses and peers, either in the same capability as I or those I would be working with. The interview process took approximately 5 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• You were given the typical situational type questions that a consultant might face and technical questions for the capability I was being interviewed for (business process improvement)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I reached out a number of times to a contact I had made. It took a long time to get my resume submitted and a few months to hear back. Once I heard back, a group interview was scheduled and I they made an offer within a few days. The interview questions focused on understanding my background and interest in working in the firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Each was timeboxed to 30 min and split evenly between building rapport and case study. These case studies were varied but focused on my industry. Due to scheduling challenges on my and the interviewer's sides, the in person interviews were on two different days.

Interview Questions

• I came from a corporation so the emphasis was, why consulting? Could I handle the lifestyle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was facilitated by a recruiter from HR. He led me to a conference room, where a series of interviewers talked to me one at a time. These were people from the team that had the opening, mostly, with the addition of one HR interviewer and one other employee.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee or coworker who wasn't getting their work done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

It started with a call from the recruiter who found my resume in her database and briefly discussed my interests and my desire to work at the company. I was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. I went to the office and started the interview with multiple candidates where we were told about the company and the type of opportunities available. Then we broke out and individually met with 3 interviewers. The interviewers each asked personality/behavioral type questions. There was no case study. After the interview I was offered a job 3 days later and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I first made contact through an employee working in BAH and when the position opened up I applied using an employee reference. I believe that going through an employee reference is ones greatest chance of getting to the interview process. I answered some preliminary questions regarding my background through a phone interview with their HR. Then a week later was scheduled for an in person interview. It was quite relaxed, behavioral type of questions were asked. Make sure to study about the company and incorporate it into your answers.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a conflict you have faced in the office, how you handeled it and what were the results.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral which turned into a phone interview followed by two more phone interviews in replacement of an on-site interview because I could not fly to DC. Never heard back after my two phone interviews even after checking with the recruiter and interviewers multiple times. Very disorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The interview was for the role of an associate in strategic innovation group. Part of the interview was conduct over the phone and the second of the interview was conducted in person with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• The interview did not seem difficult or challenging and focused on several behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview is easy. The first is hard to see what you know and don't know. The second is to let you know if you like the proposed position. Not a hard interview at all. More about personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to propose a new solution and also sell it for future contractual work   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Impressed! After a telephone screen, by a very polished BAH Sr. Recruiter, Invited to attend a speed dating like interview event where candidates could interview with different managers working on distinct projects. Lots of coordination required of the BAH folks, but everything went smoothly and according to plan. The managers I interviewed with were both down to earth, professional and new what they were talking about. For the first time in awhile, I walked away from an interview(s) with a very positive feeling for the company and all the BAH employees I encountered along the way.

Interview Questions

• What did you find out about the company that you did not glean from researching the company or the brief orientation that you received prior to your interview today?   1 Answer