Booz Allen Hamilton Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Associate Interview

Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very quick and efficient. Almost too much so. One phone screen followed by an HR session that described the process. Then 40 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager. Soon after, I was brought into the office for a couple of sessions with peers. Less than a week from 1st contact to offer. The security screen was a big pain however.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle working for the government?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was a smooth one. My initial phone screen was with the recruiter. She conformed my face-to-face at the end. The following week I went in for my interview. The interview was in a conference room and resembled speed dating. I remained seated and the managers moved from table to table. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Booz Allen Hamilton and not Deloitte, Accenture, or a McKinsey?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy. I didn't ask for much so I got what I requested.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Get spammed for potential work (not funded) by HR contractors. Sit through an interview given empty promises. Sit at the Herndon office for two days of Indoctrination, the pinnacle of which was an ethics board game.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We're gonna pay you less than what you were making but were gonna throw in a 10K sign-on bonus, mkay

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very pleasant and professional. Interviewed with 4 different people. Very nice office. Very good first impressions from everyone in the office. You get the sense that everyone there values you time and gives you respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Interviews are generally behavior-based questions. You will be grilled around your expertise and fit with the firm's culture. Stay persistent with recruiters; they tend to be lackadaisical with follow-up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company does not take kindly to negotiation. The recruiter made me feel like they were going to revoke my offer when I asked for more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Annapolis Junction, MD).

Interview

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions

• I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

It was a straight forward interview. I was asked about previous experiences and how they may relate to the current task order. The interview was a panel process where I was interviewed by multiple team members. I think they're more interested in background coupled with personality fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The offered a lower salary and would not negotiate on vesting or vacation to compensate.