Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
95 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through the career site and received a phone call from a recruiter ~ 1 month later for a fit interview. After the initial screen, I was contacted by two associates who asked about my technical experience. I was invited for an on-site interview that consisted of a series of 2 vs 1 interviews with staff and management. At the end of the half-day, I was asked to give a seminar on my work followed by a Q&A from people in the group I was interviewing to join.

Interview Question – How is this job going to help you get your next job?   Answer Question

Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter was a contracted employee and based on his aggressiveness, he was paid on commission. I was contacted the next day after applying online and had an interview set up within a couple days. Was not interested in the first team I interviewed with, and recruiter was slow to set up second interview with another team. Second interview was much more to my interest and I expressed a willingness to entertain the opportunity. Hiring manager made an offer before I could get out to my car after the interview.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were based on determining if I would be interested in the work. Not many skill-based questions. Some behavioral questions like "Describe a time where you had a dispute with a coworker and how you resolved it." Pretty softball interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't initially interested in the position, so I gave them the most ridiculous salary requirement I could think of without being offensive. They accepted it and gave me an offer before I got to my car after leaving the interview.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent hiring process. Fast, efficient, no games, no trick questions. My resume was sent by a friend to a person at Booz who then referred my resume to her manager. This triggered a screening phone interview by HR, which went well. A day later I interviewed with the hiring manager by phone. Two weeks later I travelled to McLean, VA for a round of interviews. Got an offer next day.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, which was part of what was great about it. I had five conversations with different members of the team, all of them about getting to know me and my skills. It's been my experience at Booz that most people in the firm realize that how someone responds to a difficult or trick question, under the pressure of the interview environment, does not in any way indicate how a person will perform day in day out on the job. One of the keys to managing your interview at Booz is to come prepared with lots of good questions. A demonstration of curiosity and eagerness are generally regarded at Booz as one indicator of someone who will thrive as a consultant. This is certainly true for my team. We look for aptitude, agreeableness, high IQ and EQ, an interest in the client and the work we do for the client, and a team orientation. We don't want someone on our team who could rock a McKinsey or Google case question but has a big ego or can't work well with others.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Only had 1 round in person - met with 2 people for about 45 min each. Easy going convo.

Interview Question – Nothing - very straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was only able to negotiate bonus

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was fortunate and knew someone...no interview process

Interview Question – Not applicable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got what I initially asked for

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – Met with four senior managers and an HR representative. Found out after that only two of the managers really mattered. Reviewed my resume multiple times during meetings. Met with HR representative to discuss culture of company and salary expectations. Received call a couple months later from HR extending an offer.

Interview Question – No overly difficult questions. Asked about background and skill-set. Very professional.   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position based on a referral from the company being supported by the Booz Allen Hamilton contract vehicle. Because of the referral, I was able to bypass the initial HR screening, which simplified the process. I received a call from a Booz Allen Principal asking if I was interested in the position and subsequently got a call from their Recruiting section to be screened for qualifications and to determine how my background measured up against the job requirements. Most of the screening was straightforward, but I was surprised at how persistent the screener was in trying to determine my expected salary range. After screening, I was scheduled for an interview with three Senior Associates and one Principal. I found the instructions they sent prior to the interview to be helpful in preparing, especially since they sent me the names of the interviewers, which allowed me to research their backgrounds ahead of time. My interview started promptly on time and the only thing I was surprised by was that it was four separate interviews vice a panel interview. That worked out well, though, and made for a more relaxed experience. There was some overlap between questions, but each had a different area they wanted to explore. One focused on how I would fit in the Booz Allen culture, another focused on expectations of an associate, the third focused on my qualifications for the position, and the fourth focused on how I would perform in the particular job and how I would fit in the supported organization. Overall, a smooth, pleasant experience.

Interview Question – The only question that caught me slightly off guard was "What do you think is the most important thing you will need to succeed at Booz Allen?" I thought the interviewer was looking for what particular trait or skill I would bring to the company, but instead it was a Booz Allen cultural question.   View Answer

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – Our interview process evaluates your skills, thinking, and experience. You’ll meet with several employees from different teams who will give a cross-section view of Booz Allen and look for quantifiable examples of functional expertise, consulting skills, teamwork, and leadership.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I made a contact through networking and had an initial meeting that led to a team interview which resulted in an offer.

Interview Question – Why did I want to move to DC?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2011.

Interview Details – My interviews were done over phone in a rushed fashion because I was the incumbent at a client site and they wanted to keep me aboard during the transition. Basically the client spoke for me saying they wanted to keep me on and I suppose I fit the price range.

Interview Question – Salary requirement?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted immediately. I guess I lowballed myself.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton