Booz Allen Hamilton

2.6

107 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions
  • I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question
They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

It was a straight forward interview. I was asked about previous experiences and how they may relate to the current task order. The interview was a panel process where I was interviewed by multiple team members. I think they're more interested in background coupled with personality fit.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. The offered a lower salary and would not negotiate on vesting or vacation to compensate.

Associate Interview

After a fairly standard pre-screen process I was invited to an 'interview event' where four Senior Associates rotated through asking questions. Most of the questions are situational based but I have heard of case interviews as well. Mostly it was about being able to quickly establish a rapport with the interviewer and express oneself well.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise questions, they do a good job getting you ready for what to expect.   Answer Question
    No ability to negotiate - take it or leave it

Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Only had 1 round in person - met with 2 people for about 45 min each. Easy going convo.

Interview Questions
    Was only able to negotiate bonus

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was fortunate and knew someone...no interview process

Interview Questions
    I got what I initially asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Met with four senior managers and an HR representative. Found out after that only two of the managers really mattered. Reviewed my resume multiple times during meetings. Met with HR representative to discuss culture of company and salary expectations. Received call a couple months later from HR extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No overly difficult questions. Asked about background and skill-set. Very professional.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Our interview process evaluates your skills, thinking, and experience. You’ll meet with several employees from different teams who will give a cross-section view of Booz Allen and look for quantifiable examples of functional expertise, consulting skills, teamwork, and leadership.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I interviewed for a position based on a referral from the company being supported by the Booz Allen Hamilton contract vehicle. Because of the referral, I was able to bypass the initial HR screening, which simplified the process. I received a call from a Booz Allen Principal asking if I was interested in the position and subsequently got a call from their Recruiting section to be screened for qualifications and to determine how my background measured up against the job requirements. Most of the screening was straightforward, but I was surprised at how persistent the screener was in trying to determine my expected salary range. After screening, I was scheduled for an interview with three Senior Associates and one Principal. I found the instructions they sent prior to the interview to be helpful in preparing, especially since they sent me the names of the interviewers, which allowed me to research their backgrounds ahead of time. My interview started promptly on time and the only thing I was surprised by was that it was four separate interviews vice a panel interview. That worked out well, though, and made for a more relaxed experience. There was some overlap between questions, but each had a different area they wanted to explore. One focused on how I would fit in the Booz Allen culture, another focused on expectations of an associate, the third focused on my qualifications for the position, and the fourth focused on how I would perform in the particular job and how I would fit in the supported organization. Overall, a smooth, pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that caught me slightly off guard was "What do you think is the most important thing you will need to succeed at Booz Allen?" I thought the interviewer was looking for what particular trait or skill I would bring to the company, but instead it was a Booz Allen cultural question.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I made a contact through networking and had an initial meeting that led to a team interview which resulted in an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Rounds of interviews. 1st round: phone screen, 2nd round: technical skills, 3rd round: previous experience, 4th round: personality

Interview Questions
    • How did you over come any obstacles from your previous jobs.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate