Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
95 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Rounds of interviews. 1st round: phone screen, 2nd round: technical skills, 3rd round: previous experience, 4th round: personality

Interview Question – How did you over come any obstacles from your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Phone screening initally with recruiter, then another with hiring manager and an engineer. In-person scheduled a week later. Forum with 2 interviewers. Very relaxed and easy questions. Gave me a lot of insite into the company and asked baisc questions. They didn't really go with the behaviorial questions like their website indicated.

Interview Question – If I had any reservations about leaving my current company. Not a hard question, but caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are not very flexible

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – The process took a total of 4 weeks. No out of the ordinary questions and I thought the interview went well. It took awhile and a couple of emails reaching out for them to get back to me.

Interview Question – No unreasonable, difficult, or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter interview by phone, followed by 6-8 individual, in-person 30-60 minute interviews at office location with senior leaders, managers and staff. Received offer letter within 1 week.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult - questions were focused on my areas of expertise, past work experience, and future career goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not budge one bit. At the time, the firm was recognized as a top leader in the government sector but now that the landscape has been changing and they're no longer on such solid ground, they may be more open to negotiation to hire and retain valuable staff.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – 1-2 Phone interviews with recruiter, then flown out for all-day, in-person interview. Met with 4-5 Senior Associates to determine best fit. I was asked, "which manager could you see yourself working for?" I ultimately chose the manager that was doing the work I disliked, but liked as a person and it was the best decision. Having worked here for a while, I know that the Sr. Associates argue over who gets (or gets stuck with) this person. The Sr. Assoc that selects you will ask the other members of his/her team, "Do you think ___ is Booz Allen material?" (will they work well with our team and be able to bring in new business?)

Interview Question – I received questions on compliance and certification regulations, as well as technical questions based on the field to which I was applying (space/cyber). Ultimately, this company is looking for people that can meld well with the team.   Answer Question

Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fast, but I had 2 BAH employees recommending me. I though the interview team was a little junior/in-experienced, but I felt comfortable and they did ask enough technical questions

Interview Question – I had no difficulty.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straightforward, I accepted the offered salary

Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview screening with HR person
half day of 30 minute interviews each with one or two people in the room

Interview Question – varies from simple case, to why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation with senior associate, only a little room to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – I'll have a more detailed account once (if/when) an official definitive decision is shared with me. I've interviewed twice with them, to different but similar roles. Never given any feedback, but wonder if it's by design that the last person in the round of (2-3) 30-minute speed-interviews deliberately appears disinterested, perhaps to see how I handle it as a candidate or potential consultant? Or did first person just say fughedaboutit? Or am I just that unlucky or uninteresting or unqualified?

Any one else have that "tactic" or "situation"?

I'd rate interview as easy and conversational and perhaps misleading, a positive experience because it's enjoyable, but neutral no opinion because not kept in process or decision loop,

Interview Question – Do you prefer technical or business track?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was referred by a former colleague and interview was over drinks at dinner. Very casual and comfortable because of relationship. Discussed my background and the needs of the client.

Interview Question – Lack of negotiating room and was told the client could not pay more (which I later found out was untrue). Ask for your full value going in the door.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Horrible. Three people came in to talk to me and the second told me there wasn't anything for me. When the recruiter came in and I told her that, I thought she was going to pass out. Needles to say that was 7 years ago.

Interview Question – I do interviews now as a manager...be yourself. Remember, it's what you can add to Booz Allen..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I should have been a better negotiator, but that was 7 years ago and I was young...always negotiate...worst they can say is no and you take their original offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton