Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very quick and efficient. Almost too much so. One phone screen followed by an HR session that described the process. Then 40 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager. Soon after, I was brought into the office for a couple of sessions with peers. Less than a week from 1st contact to offer. The security screen was a big pain however.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle working for the government?   Answer Question

Bioinformatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their recruiters who first read through the job description and asked me about my experience and attempted to do a brief evaluation of whether I fit. She wasn't technically oriented, so that was of somewhat limited value. She asked for my absolute minimum salary, and read a disclaimer that it would not be used in any capacity other than to ensure that I wasn't automatically a bad fit. I haven't had an offer yet, so I don't know if they are being truthful about that. A couple weeks later the recruiter notified me that the team wanted to interview me. I was placed in an office and four sets of people sequentially interviewed me, with different roles on the team. Most of the questions were fairly standard interview questions, describing experiences, talking about programming, etc. Only one "behavioral" question was given, and that one by the senior consultant. I am awaiting a final decision, but funding for the position hasn't been secured yet. But they have been open about communicating on this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and through a university job website in November 2013. I received a phone call at 7:30pm a month and a half later asking me a few questions and inviting me to come in to the Atlanta office for an interview. I had three 30 minute interviews (no case studies, classic behavioral questions). It has been three months and I haven't heard back, I sent the recruiter a follow up email about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. At this point I've pretty much ruled it out.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers interrupted me several times and asked if I thought I knew everything since I was a college student.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

An awful experience all around. I interviewed for an internship position in the Strategic Innovation Group. The interview consisted of giving a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation that I had prepared in advance about a project I had worked on, and I was surprised about how quickly I was contacted by my recruiter stating that I would receive an offer. The interviewer itself was easy and the panel of interviewers were nice. The recruiter provided me details such as salary ($22/hour) and said they would get back to me shortly with my offer letter and details about whether I would be based in Atlanta or DC. Then, I began waiting for the offer letter - my initial interview/verbal offer was in October and I was due to start in May, so I thought there was plenty of time. I followed up with the recruiter every few weeks, asking when my offer letter would be available - each time, it was very difficult to get in contact: she did not answer my emails and it took several attempts at calling to get through each time. Nevertheless, each time, she reassured me that the offer letter would be forthcoming shortly, and not to worry because I did definitely have an internship position, so I did not need to worry about searching for something else. Then, in February, after going back and forth with her for these 4 months, she finally informed me that they had over-hired and I would not be able to receive a position with the SIG. Keep in mind that she informed me of this after the campus recruiting deadline for other firms, and after reassuring me for several months that I had nothing to be concerned about. She said she would talk to others within the company to see if she could find me an alternative position, as if she was doing me some kind of favor. I then had to re-interview with the Healthcare IT group (very different from the strategic nature of what I originally applied for). I went through two phone interviews, and then was contacted with my offer. Though it wasn't my main area of interest and far different from the strategic nature of the position I thought I was being hired into, I thought it would be ok, until I found out that the salary would be $16/hour - and the new recruiter refused to negotiate salary whatsoever, even considering that this was far lower than the original $22. This was a position that would have involved .NET development - I knew that $16 was an inappropriate salary for a position that would involve programming and technical skills, but it was very late in the game at this point to find something new for Summer. Luckily, I was somehow able to secure another position at a different company on such short notice, offering nearly double Booz Allen's salary, and went with that instead. Interestingly, she suddenly wanted to negotiate salary when I called back to reject her offer, but at that point, I no longer had any interest in ever working with or interacting with this company again. She said to definitely consider Booz Allen as I look for future career opportunities, but I will be sure to stay as far away as possible and have learned my lesson not to tie my career to any company - no matter how well-respected I may perceive that company to be.

Interview Questions

My experience with the interview process was so negative that I no longer had any interest in working at or interacting with this company ever again. The projected salary was also not appropriate given the work that would be expected of me and my previous work experience, and the recruiter was unwilling to negotiate or hear any of it until it was too late and I had already chosen somewhere else that gave a better offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Hiring and Interview process varies from location and from manager. Main purpose of interview is to find out if you are a "good fit" for the company. In my opinion, year of experience and performance is not taken into account.

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited. HR or recruited told me that i will be promoted in a year to the next level given my experience. This never happened.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter afterwards to confirm my interest and availability. I was later contacted by a local rep to set up an interview. I interviewed and received an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Be sure to know both about yourself and the company, as well as why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as this was an internship position.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview went extremely well...it was set up basically like speed dating. I sat in a room and went through 4 sets up interviews (30 min each), where there were 2 with 2 people and 2 with individual people. It was great, not intimidating at all. Mostly talked about my CV, my experiences, the position in particular, and the company as a whole. Enjoyed the process very much...you wouldn't believe how quickly 30 minutes go by though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Three video conference interviews, that's it. Believe this isn't the standard practice, but more to do with immediate nature of the need.

Interview Questions

• Fairly easy, straightforward questions. But it really depends on who the interviewers are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

They had my resume and expressed interest but then it took several weeks for them to set up an interview. I had to inquire several times before they finally set something up, and then I interviewed with two of the senior associates. They didn't seem to have much time for the interview and it was very short. I was hired but not sure it had anything to do with how I performed at my interview.

Interview Questions

• If I dropped you at the client site tomorrow, what would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a small sign on bonus but no change in the salary.