Booz Allen Hamilton

2.6

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I received an unsolicited phone call from an employee who found my resume through membership to a professional society. I was brought into an interview and they asked me 3 questions about experience and resume, then they asked me if I was willing to learn new techniques and methods for analysis, and then they asked me if I had any ethical issues with doing DOD work. Then we spend the rest of the interview talking about hobbies and interests outside of work.

Interview Questions
    • I think the unexpected question was about whether or not I had ethical issues with DOD work. It surprised me that that they cared, but later I found out that they ask because due to the nature of the work, they did not want us to have any personal issues with the work that we did and would have placed in work that didn't keep me up at night.   Answer Question
    They asked me first for salary and I provided a high number and they accepted. It seemed like they were in need at the time for the skill set that I had.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred by an employee. About 24 hours after sending me resume, to a friend, I received a phone call from a recruiter from the company. The recruiter set up an interview with a project team. I interviewed with 3 team members at once, and heard back within a few days that I had an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle sending out emails from the Ruby on Rails application to the end users? What sort of data structure would you use?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate for a bit higher and was turned down. Accepted original offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I interviewed for a position based on a referral from the company being supported by the Booz Allen Hamilton contract vehicle. Because of the referral, I was able to bypass the initial HR screening, which simplified the process. I received a call from a Booz Allen Principal asking if I was interested in the position and subsequently got a call from their Recruiting section to be screened for qualifications and to determine how my background measured up against the job requirements. Most of the screening was straightforward, but I was surprised at how persistent the screener was in trying to determine my expected salary range. After screening, I was scheduled for an interview with three Senior Associates and one Principal. I found the instructions they sent prior to the interview to be helpful in preparing, especially since they sent me the names of the interviewers, which allowed me to research their backgrounds ahead of time. My interview started promptly on time and the only thing I was surprised by was that it was four separate interviews vice a panel interview. That worked out well, though, and made for a more relaxed experience. There was some overlap between questions, but each had a different area they wanted to explore. One focused on how I would fit in the Booz Allen culture, another focused on expectations of an associate, the third focused on my qualifications for the position, and the fourth focused on how I would perform in the particular job and how I would fit in the supported organization. Overall, a smooth, pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • The only question that caught me slightly off guard was "What do you think is the most important thing you will need to succeed at Booz Allen?" I thought the interviewer was looking for what particular trait or skill I would bring to the company, but instead it was a Booz Allen cultural question.   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2013.

I was interviewed by several members of the branch. One member asked about my experiences in order to find the best team to match me with. My other interviews felt like conversations where we discussed my resume and how consulting works. The HR department was very good about keeping me in the loop throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • What is the one thing that you want me to know about you at the end of this interview?   View Answer

It was a generous offer, but too far from home.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The first interview with human resources which involved only typical questions. The second phone interview was with a data scientist from DC. This was a very relaxed interview with typical questions. My third interview was on Skype with a Data Scientist project leader. He asked several difficult behavioral questions. The position required TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph required. After filing out background information forms for security clearance I was immediately told "we regretfully do not have the right position available at this time."

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Good interaction with a recruiter and hiring manager. Phone interview had softball questions and minimal salary negotiations. In person interview was conducted with numerous team members in a "speed dating" style and caped by an interview with the Senior Associate. This interview took about 3 -4 hours. Overall, this could be intense if I hadn't conducted research ahead of time to learn about the speed dating approach and typical questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can remember - everything was relatively simple, just a lot, with a lot of different people over a few hours.   Answer Question
    no negotiation - paid my asking price

DNI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2013.

Interviewed for position on SDS contract. Conducted F-T-F interview with a junior employee for about 20 minutes. It was clear that they were looking for specific answers and didn't care about anything else.

Recommend that you volunteer information about your experience that you think is relevant, because they didn't ask for it. Finding out the results of the interview was like pulling teeth.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was technical oriented, but not one about previous job experience. It is apparent that the interviewer was working off a check-list, with no effort to "personalize" the process. I could have been dressed like a Somali pirate and armed with an AK-47, as long as I said "yes" to having working knowledge of specific software apps and databases. This is how Eric Snowden got his job.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2013.

Quick

Interview Questions
    • On the initial recruiter phone call I didn't expect to be asked expected starting salary.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Arrived with a group and was seat at a desk. Three interviewers (one at the time) and was individually interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Not knowing the specific position and prepared for the wide range of questioning.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

- Initial contact made by a company recruiter who then hands it off to a site/ job specific recruiter.
    - Interviews are round robin style with many other candidates. You get a desk with a stack of your resumes while Sr. Associates and Principals come around and talk to you about positions they have open and are looking to fill.
    - Can be a bit of an information vacuum after the interview so it is incumbent on you to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Typically a free flowing discussion not a stock template of questions that you are answering.   Answer Question
    Negotiate directly with recruiter, compensation is usually above average so they don't have much wiggle room.