Booz Allen Hamilton

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – A recruiter called me and then interviewed by two staff

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and had an employee referral. A recruiter called me in a week and eventually set up an interview date. I did not receive details about my interview until I called the recruiter twice and finally got the info just days before.

It was a 3+ hour process. I arrived early and we all had to wait 30 minutes for someone to come get us. There were about 7 or 8 other candidates but we were not all applying for the same position. We interviewed 3 people, round robin style, for 30min each.

The first interview went well, basic behavioral questions. The 3rd interview was more HR related. It was the 2nd one that got to me. They expected me to interview in Spanish. I had no idea that I was expected to do so until that moment. It was not in the job description nor was I told about it ahead of time. I did not even put that I am a Spanish speaker in my resume or application. I am part Hispanic/Latino but I am not fluent enough to feel comfortable being interviewed in Spanish. I was also required to translate 7 paragraphs from English to Spanish. It was dense with technical terms that many Spanish speakers would have trouble translating. It was like my education, skills, and experience had no merit and they were only concerned with my language skills and my ability to translate.

I felt that it was unfair that I was expected to do these things, especially because it wasn't in the job description nor was I notified that I would be interviewing/translating. I felt as though I was being racial profiled. I felt ambushed!

I was told I would hear back in 5 days but 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything so after e-mailing them they told me they did not extend the offer.

Didn't expect to get it since I wasn't able to accurately translate all of the paragraphs but I just wished they had interviewed me normally. It was unjust if you ask me.

Probably my worst interview experience and a complete waste of time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a conflict you had with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through university recruiting. There was an on-campus interview with an HR manager, and then a day of second round interviews in DC with various people.

Interview Question – What do you think the three biggest drivers of history have been in the last 20 years?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – its was very easy. not hard at all. you do not have to study all. make sure you know someone in the firm first before interviewing.

Interview Question – not many technical's jsut one case study.   Answer Question

Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter asked some very basic questions regarding my resume during the first interview. Next was an online, timed writing assessment. I was given three options and one hour to submit the assignment. Finally, there was an in-person interview at their headquarters. I spoke to three team member in a round robin style interview. One team member asked about my leadership experience, the second asked about my competency, and the third gauged my fit at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Question – Name a time when you led a team.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

Interview Details – I consider myself an employee referral since several co-workers from a previous job transferred to Booz and I asked one of them to forward my resume to a manager. I received an initial phone call, after which we scheduled a formal phone screen where I was asked my capabilities, timeframe, salary requirements, and citizenship status. Then I was scheduled for an in-person recruiting event. I only met with one person. The other person slated to interview me was stuck on a conference call. They advised me to go home. A few days later, I received notification to do a phone interview. A few days later, I received a call informing me that they are extending an offer.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted to negotiate but I didn't. At the time, I really wanted to work for Booz and their offer was $3K more than my salary at the time.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.