Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly quick here. First a recruiter contacts you if they feel that your resume is a good fit for the position. It usually last a hour long. Depending on your recruiter, he or she may prepare you for the next step during the phone interview which is an on-site interview. The on-site interview occurs in the Mclean headquarters. It consited of three interviews with associates from the firm all from different capabilities. You speak to each for about thirty minutes about your background and why you want to work at BAH. It is very conversational and nothing difficult is asked. Within a week, the recruiter called me with an offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at BAH?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Try your hardest to negotiate because they will low ball you.

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2011.

Interview Details – Worked through a recruiter to get a group interview with several different teams alongside about 25 other applicants. Questions were pretty standard about behavior and background. Thought the interviews went very well, but did not hear back with either an offer or a "no thanks" for 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview Details – On campus interview with an HR recruiter where mostly behavioral questions were asked. Also asked what department I would be best fit for. Then University Invitational at McLean headquarters. 3 one on one interviews with Associates & Senior Consultants about my previous work experience. 1 week wait to figure out I made it to "next step". Contacted by HR recruiter for my specific department. Called in for lunch interview with the team I would be working with. At lunch, asked about previous work and school coursework. Also asked to solve conceptual problems and explain concepts. Received call from HR next day stating that I got the job and asked for salary requirements.

Interview Question – Describe an academic experience where you had to overcome an obstacle.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Low balled salary. 10% below my other offer. Tried asking for more but they said no.

Consultant I

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

Interview Details – It started out with a phone interview. They wanted to verify a few things on my resume and talk about my interests. They then proceeded to the 1:1/Group interviews. The trip was all expenses paid, which was pretty cool considering it was only my second real interview. The interview process took about three hours where I spoke with five different departments. I was a bit nervous when told I would be having four to five interviews in one sitting; however, everyone was approachable and knowledgeable. They simply ask you questions about your interests and experience. You are trained after being hired, so it seems to be kind of a personality interview combined with what you know.

Interview Question – Have you ever used a disassembler?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Honestly I didn't have to negotiate anything. They offer relocation compensation for up to $3000, and the starting salary was beyond my expectations. Salary is based on the nature of work you will be doing, so you could be making 55-60K in one office or above 70K in another office (based on my experience for the Consultant 1 position). They also offer three different packages for health benefits. They don't match the 401K, so one may want to consider an IRA.

Consultant I

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2010.

Interview Details – Recruitment at school. Then was asked to come to a second interview at the office in the McLean for a second interview. Loved the people. Absolutely amazing people and rapport. Glad I was able to go the for second round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Still working on that.

Consultant I

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Interview Details – Company is very friendly. The interview process was not dragged on. I was definitely very satisfied and thought that the company was very likeable throughout the process.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to defend a decision or an action to a manager.   Answer Question

Consultant I

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was very nervous prior to my interview with Booz, but it ended up turning out more laid back than I thought it would. I was very comfortable with the people who interviewed me. The interview was more like a fluid conversation between me and the hiring managers. The interview was less about asking trick questions, and more about assessing the personality of the candidate and his/her potential fit with the firm. Overall, I would give the interview an A.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working with this company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Booz Allen Hamilton Videos

Booz Allen Hamilton – Why Work for Us?

We're looking for people with brains and heart. We believe in vision and passion. Being part of something bigger than a company or job matters to our employees. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll help some of the most… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant I interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.