Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

They asked me to come in for an interview and it was set up like a speed dating scenario. Multiple leaders came to my table and talked to me about my experience and employment potential

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very chill and relaxed. My resume was found online after applying through Booz Allen Hamilton's career portal. Then a consultant found my resume and did a phone conversation with me. We talked about my past experiences, why I was interested in BAH and consulting, why I attended my undergrad and grad schools, then he asked if I had some questions about my role or BAH. No curveballs, very relaxed. Then I got invited to McLean to interview face-to-face with the guys there, then talked about more of the same things plus some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume/experience, Why you chose to do attend undergrad or grad school, why BAH, why consulting, no curve balls at all   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied online and very quickly got a phone interview. I had two phone interviews and then got invited to interview with the team. I flew myself out to DC so that I could interview in person and I interviewed with four members of the team I would be joining. There was a bit of confusion following the interview on hiring and which team I would join but in the end I ended up getting the original job I applied for.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume online and contacted me. We spoke about the information contained in my resume and my background in general. Interview was several days later and it was easy going and relaxed. Not stressful at all. Not what I expected.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Simple interview only few questions and most of it was like a discussion. Coming from military with lot of clearances it was a cake walk. They seemed to be prejudicial with their as they seem to make a decision to select candidates before the interview begins.

Interview Questions

Very disappointed after a recruiter has informed me that they were paying 17k more for people in lower positions with no experience if they have other job offers during negotiations. Make sure to be aware of your value or just say you have an other offer on the table. It made me feel sorry as the recruiting team consists of back stabbers and an attitude of low balling candidates.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The initial phone interview consisted of very basic questions. I did not talk much of about my experience in the phone screening. The second interview was two hours and interviewed with four people. Mostly I had to describe situations where I was faced with a certain circumstances and how I handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel more comfortable working as a team or alone?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later about availability to attend a recent graduate recruitment event with the Strategic Innovation Group. The recruitment event was round-robin style in which I interviewed with 3 teams that were interested and had openings. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and met with 2-4 people employees. I appreciated that the interviewers were prepared and asked relevant questions. Everyone with whom I interacted, employees and other interviewees alike, had a great attitude and dynamic personalities.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a lead associate. Pretty simple questions such as 1) do you know what BAH does? 2) what are your goals, etc... This was followed by two rounds of technical interviews with subject matter experts. Great experience.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied to several positions on line and had a family member who worked there contact recruiters with a simple follow-up email. The family member did not support the same industry, so there was no "in" in that sense. I came in and went through 5 or so 1:1 interviews in a row, including an additional one with HR which was all information sharing from their end. I was right out of college, so the 1:1 interviews were basic behavioral questions, asking why I was interested in the health industry, asking for examples of client service experience, etc. Very standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the original offer, but you can and should always negotiate

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Participated in on-campus recruiting. Of the 9 companies I interviewed with my Senior year, BAH was the only one that made me feel like the interviewer was trying to get to know me as a person. It was not an interrogation, nor was it full of standard questions that everyone has pre-prepared answers for. It was a genuine conversation. Ultimately, this is why i chose BAH

Interview Questions

• How many basketballs can you fit in a 747?   3 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation. every college hire in technology was brought in at the same amount