Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later about availability to attend a recent graduate recruitment event with the Strategic Innovation Group. The recruitment event was round-robin style in which I interviewed with 3 teams that were interested and had openings. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and met with 2-4 people employees. I appreciated that the interviewers were prepared and asked relevant questions. Everyone with whom I interacted, employees and other interviewees alike, had a great attitude and dynamic personalities.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied to several positions on line and had a family member who worked there contact recruiters with a simple follow-up email. The family member did not support the same industry, so there was no "in" in that sense.

I came in and went through 5 or so 1:1 interviews in a row, including an additional one with HR which was all information sharing from their end. I was right out of college, so the 1:1 interviews were basic behavioral questions, asking why I was interested in the health industry, asking for examples of client service experience, etc. Very standard.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the original offer, but you can and should always negotiate

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Participated in on-campus recruiting. Of the 9 companies I interviewed with my Senior year, BAH was the only one that made me feel like the interviewer was trying to get to know me as a person. It was not an interrogation, nor was it full of standard questions that everyone has pre-prepared answers for. It was a genuine conversation. Ultimately, this is why i chose BAH

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. every college hire in technology was brought in at the same amount

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Referred by a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter about a month later and did an informal phone interview on the spot. Contacted about one week later for an in person interview, scheduled for the following week. Interview itself consisted of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with members of the team I was being considered for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a team member who wasn't contributing. How did you handle the situation? What advice would you offer to someone else in a similar situation?   Answer Question
    I asked for a 10% increase but was told that my initial offer was the most they could offer. However, the initial offer was very competitive so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Job fair setting in hotel; each company had individual hotel rooms. Sign up was easy and recruiters very friendly and interested. Society of American Military Engineers sponsored the job fair; free to active and retired military. Shoes up about 5 min early to interview and greeted by recruiter on time. Watched my posture and unbuttoned suit jacket while sitting. Always made good eye contact and spoke deliberately and not too quickly. Tried to relax by reminding myself to be me and not someone else. I had decent discussion with recruiter about several possibilities but did come across desperate or committal since I was using the interview mainly for practice. I achieved my goal but not expecting a follow up from them and that's okay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2014.

Campus recruiting - I had an on campus interview and received a verbal offer three months later. I'm pretty sure it was because of the internal changes. I have yet to receive the official offer.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral. Campus recruiting definitely made the process easier.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate salary, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed on campus and received a verbal offer within a week. It took around 2 months before I received and accepted the official written offer. Although HR wasn't always the most transparent regarding why it was taking so long to transition from verbal to a written, everyone I met and spoke to were very pleasant. During those 2 months, I would always receive a call from HR every week/two weeks indicating their continued interest, allowing me the opportunity to then ask about what the next steps were.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions. During an information session on campus, we were told Booz Allen does not ask case study questions.

However, my experience strongly aligned with the department I was going into, so a lot of my behavioral question responses were related to that.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Had a prelim phone interview, basically behavioral. Be able to elaborate on your experiences and how they would apply to this job.

Then had three separate interviews at the DC office. Two were behavioral, one was case.

Interview Questions
    • It was about deciding whether or not to take a manufacturing company into another country. How would you decide whether or not it would be profitable and how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

I got an on campus interview the day after the career fair at my school. I had two interviews with different groups at the DC office. After the interviews, I was given a verbal offer and they said they would fly me down to check out both groups before extended a formal, written offer. Everyone I spoke to was nice and intelligent. I was very surprised to be given an offer so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I had one normal case (a business decision that required asking more questions for information and a lot fo mental math), then I had a case with no math where they simply asked me what my general approach to the problem would be. I liked this because there was little pressure to arrive at a 'right answer' in the second case - they just wanted to see how I think about problems.

I was given a choice of a coding interview question or a brainteaser, and I chose the brainteaser. It was pretty straightforward.

Answer Question
    I haven't actually accepted the offer yet because I am still interviewing with other companies, but there is a good chance I will take it.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview process began with a pre Screen telephone interview with the HR Recruiter. This was Followed by an on-site interview with two managers from the team. Followed by a final on-site interview with the Director/Partner.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate a higher offer.