Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
92 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company before I submitted my application. If you're not referred I wouldn't even bother submitting an application. First round I had a ten minute phone screening with my recruiter. It was very simple. "Why Booz Allen, Tell me about your job" things like that. Afterwards we set up an interview date. The interview was 90 minutes long and consisted of three people at 30 minute slots. Everything was back to back to back so there was no time to rest. The first interview consisted of informational questions and a few behavioral questions. The next two were strictly behavorial questions. Booz Allen stresses that you answer these type of questions using the STAR (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) approach. If you don't know what behavorial questions are then you need to find out! Overall the interviewers seemed to care more about fit than anything else so make sure you fit in to Booz Allen's firm culture if you want the job. I was given an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person when you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Interview Details – Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Interview Question – What consulting skills would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for an Arlington consultant position and the entire process was very thorough. I had a phone interview with an recruiter that was just going over my resume. Then I filled out an application and had back to back phone interviews with different people in different departments. These two ask some harder questions like "why Booze Allen" or "what is your process if you wanted to pick out a new dishwasher for me, but there was no internet". Nothing too hard though. That was followed by an informal phone interview to see how i thought the interviews went and my availability for an in person interview. My in person interview was on an entirely different level though. I met with two people from my potential department. The first question was "walk me through the entire software lifecycle with detailed steps on how you would handle each step." After that fun little curveball, the other guy started hammering me. It started where I had to pretend he was the traffic controller and convince him to change the traffic light timings. I had to convince him that it is worth the cost, time, and risk to do. Finally, I had to consult him on a job board website and he played the worst client ever. I had to try to get requirements out of him while explaining the difference in things I had no clue about. He then ended this fun time with "why booze allen." I told him about how the company is 100 years old, based on a strict moral code, and always delivering award winning work. His response that left me frozen was "yeah, but Delloite has those things too, what makes booze allen different." At the end, He said that I am most likely getting an offer, so that helped me feel better.

Interview Question – What makes Booze Allen different from Delloite   Answer Question

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2014.

Interview Details – very through, rounds interviews. it was like a career fair except the managers came up to talk to you

Interview Question – name 3 things that describe you   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Albany, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was the easiest I have ever had. Simply a phone interview with minimal technical questions, mostly personal questions. He hiring process was easy and relocation package was good.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple process salary offered was a competitive rate.

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – On campus interviewing, with at least three interviews with associates or higher. Preceded the night before with an in-person, on campus presentation about the company and the benefits of working for the company. After the interviews, I had to complete a writing assignment which I had one hour to complete and then submit back to the company.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral, and high level   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – I gave my interview to someone I knew that worked there. About a month later, in December I got an call about scheduling an in person interview. It was near christmas, and we tried to schedule for the week before but were unable to. In January I e-mailed the recruiter to try and confirm the rescheduling of the interview. She got back to me quickly and the interview was scheduled for the next week. Lots of documents needed to be filled out online before the interview. Once I arrived at the McLean office for the interview, I was led to a room for my interviews. I had 4 interviews, a Senior Associate, a Lead Associate, an Associate and two programmers. The Senior Lead, and Regular associate mostly talked about the company but also asked questions about how I would deal with things. They were mostly behavioral questions. The two programmers mostly asked about my resume, what I knew about various programming styles and how I dealt with problems when I was on teams. A week after this interview I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how I dealt with issues in the various teams I was.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a referral going in which I think makes it a lot easier if you want that initial screening. Once my application was processed, they called me the next day. A few question about my interests and as expected, they asked about my salary expectation at the very end so be sure you got a range in your mind.

About 3 weeks later, I had my interview at the Mclean office where I sat down with an Associate and a Senior Associate separately for 30 minutes. I think the recruiter sends your resume to managers based on your interest, and the ones who are interested are the ones who interview you. At the interviewing offices, there were five other applicants and more sitting in the waiting area. They sat me in a small room no bigger than a college bathroom with a manager waiting for me. I think the key to the interview was developing a conversation out of your experience as well as expressing why you are a fit for the company culture. Booz wants team players who are willing to learn the necessary skills. Be sure to always ask question during your conversation. After both interviews, I took both of their business cards and left with the first five interviewees I walked in with. They said they would contact me in a week, and they didnt. They did not get back to me until a month with a verbal offer. Overall, everyone I have spoken with either over the phone or in person has been very polite and professional. I think aside from the type of work they do, the people are definitely something to look forward to.

Interview Question – At the very last minute, one of the Associates threw in a general case study. This threw me off because I did not prepare for this and I read Booz Allen does not do case studies. Be prepared for one regardless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate, never feel comfortable with what you are offered. The worse that can happen is they say no and you take the original offer.

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application online in December 2013. Was contacted in January for a phone interview. Went in to the office in McLean for an interview. I met with three different people. They put me in a small room, and every 30 minutes the interviewers would switch. I was contacted with an offer a month and a half later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? How do you manage your time and prioritize?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, salary was exactly as I requested.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had 3 phone interviews. 1st with HR, second 2 with Senior Associates

Interview Question – All questions were standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!