Booz Allen Hamilton Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Simple interview only few questions and most of it was like a discussion. Coming from military with lot of clearances it was a cake walk. They seemed to be prejudicial with their as they seem to make a decision to select candidates before the interview begins.

Interview Questions

Very disappointed after a recruiter has informed me that they were paying 17k more for people in lower positions with no experience if they have other job offers during negotiations. Make sure to be aware of your value or just say you have an other offer on the table.
It made me feel sorry as the recruiting team consists of back stabbers and an attitude of low balling candidates.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The initial phone interview consisted of very basic questions. I did not talk much of about my experience in the phone screening. The second interview was two hours and interviewed with four people. Mostly I had to describe situations where I was faced with a certain circumstances and how I handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel more comfortable working as a team or alone?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later about availability to attend a recent graduate recruitment event with the Strategic Innovation Group. The recruitment event was round-robin style in which I interviewed with 3 teams that were interested and had openings. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and met with 2-4 people employees. I appreciated that the interviewers were prepared and asked relevant questions. Everyone with whom I interacted, employees and other interviewees alike, had a great attitude and dynamic personalities.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied to several positions on line and had a family member who worked there contact recruiters with a simple follow-up email. The family member did not support the same industry, so there was no "in" in that sense.

I came in and went through 5 or so 1:1 interviews in a row, including an additional one with HR which was all information sharing from their end. I was right out of college, so the 1:1 interviews were basic behavioral questions, asking why I was interested in the health industry, asking for examples of client service experience, etc. Very standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the original offer, but you can and should always negotiate

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Participated in on-campus recruiting. Of the 9 companies I interviewed with my Senior year, BAH was the only one that made me feel like the interviewer was trying to get to know me as a person. It was not an interrogation, nor was it full of standard questions that everyone has pre-prepared answers for. It was a genuine conversation. Ultimately, this is why i chose BAH

Interview Questions

• How many basketballs can you fit in a 747?   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation. every college hire in technology was brought in at the same amount

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Referred by a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter about a month later and did an informal phone interview on the spot. Contacted about one week later for an in person interview, scheduled for the following week. Interview itself consisted of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with members of the team I was being considered for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a team member who wasn't contributing. How did you handle the situation? What advice would you offer to someone else in a similar situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a 10% increase but was told that my initial offer was the most they could offer. However, the initial offer was very competitive so I accepted.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Bwi Airport, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Job fair setting in hotel; each company had individual hotel rooms. Sign up was easy and recruiters very friendly and interested. Society of American Military Engineers sponsored the job fair; free to active and retired military. Shoes up about 5 min early to interview and greeted by recruiter on time. Watched my posture and unbuttoned suit jacket while sitting. Always made good eye contact and spoke deliberately and not too quickly. Tried to relax by reminding myself to be me and not someone else. I had decent discussion with recruiter about several possibilities but did come across desperate or committal since I was using the interview mainly for practice. I achieved my goal but not expecting a follow up from them and that's okay.

Interview Questions

• Where (location) I want to work.   1 Answer
    • What jobs I have held.   1 Answer
    • Who (people) I worked for.   1 Answer
    • Did I have an active clearance.   1 Answer
    • What kind of work was I interested in.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Amherst, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

Campus recruiting - I had an on campus interview and received a verbal offer three months later. I'm pretty sure it was because of the internal changes. I have yet to receive the official offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral. Campus recruiting definitely made the process easier.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate salary, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed on campus and received a verbal offer within a week. It took around 2 months before I received and accepted the official written offer. Although HR wasn't always the most transparent regarding why it was taking so long to transition from verbal to a written, everyone I met and spoke to were very pleasant. During those 2 months, I would always receive a call from HR every week/two weeks indicating their continued interest, allowing me the opportunity to then ask about what the next steps were.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. During an information session on campus, we were told Booz Allen does not ask case study questions.

However, my experience strongly aligned with the department I was going into, so a lot of my behavioral question responses were related to that.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was bull-pen style. First a woman gave an introduction about the firm. I then talked to two interviewers who rotated around the room. I talked to each interviewer for approximately half an hour. They asked basic questions about my education and experience and my aspirations for future work and reasons for applying to the firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate benefits - this is standard practice at Booz Allen. I accepted the offer without negotiating, I felt the offer was fair.