Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.8

100 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Had a prelim phone interview, basically behavioral. Be able to elaborate on your experiences and how they would apply to this job.

Then had three separate interviews at the DC office. Two were behavioral, one was case.

Interview Questions
  • It was about deciding whether or not to take a manufacturing company into another country. How would you decide whether or not it would be profitable and how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

I got an on campus interview the day after the career fair at my school. I had two interviews with different groups at the DC office. After the interviews, I was given a verbal offer and they said they would fly me down to check out both groups before extended a formal, written offer. Everyone I spoke to was nice and intelligent. I was very surprised to be given an offer so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I had one normal case (a business decision that required asking more questions for information and a lot fo mental math), then I had a case with no math where they simply asked me what my general approach to the problem would be. I liked this because there was little pressure to arrive at a 'right answer' in the second case - they just wanted to see how I think about problems.

I was given a choice of a coding interview question or a brainteaser, and I chose the brainteaser. It was pretty straightforward.

Answer Question
    I haven't actually accepted the offer yet because I am still interviewing with other companies, but there is a good chance I will take it.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview process began with a pre Screen telephone interview with the HR Recruiter. This was Followed by an on-site interview with two managers from the team. Followed by a final on-site interview with the Director/Partner.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate a higher offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2014.

Had a referral through a friend. I was invited for an onsite recruiting event at HQ in Mclean. It was set up like speed dating, you sat in a room and manager who were interested in you came in and interviewed you and then you waited for the next interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the company before I submitted my application. If you're not referred I wouldn't even bother submitting an application. First round I had a ten minute phone screening with my recruiter. It was very simple. "Why Booz Allen, Tell me about your job" things like that. Afterwards we set up an interview date. The interview was 90 minutes long and consisted of three people at 30 minute slots. Everything was back to back to back so there was no time to rest. The first interview consisted of informational questions and a few behavioral questions. The next two were strictly behavorial questions. Booz Allen stresses that you answer these type of questions using the STAR (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) approach. If you don't know what behavorial questions are then you need to find out! Overall the interviewers seemed to care more about fit than anything else so make sure you fit in to Booz Allen's firm culture if you want the job. I was given an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person when you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn who put me in touch with other recruiters. Was contacted to set up a phone interview and after that, was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Was contact a week later with an offer.

The firm is restructuring so being proactive and reaching out to your interview contact is key.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was surprisingly relaxed and not difficult. No case questions. Being able to accurately and concisely articulate experience is key.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary. I had just received a raise from my former employer and I countered with Booz and they increased my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interviewed for an Arlington consultant position and the entire process was very thorough. I had a phone interview with an recruiter that was just going over my resume. Then I filled out an application and had back to back phone interviews with different people in different departments. These two ask some harder questions like "why Booze Allen" or "what is your process if you wanted to pick out a new dishwasher for me, but there was no internet". Nothing too hard though. That was followed by an informal phone interview to see how i thought the interviews went and my availability for an in person interview. My in person interview was on an entirely different level though. I met with two people from my potential department. The first question was "walk me through the entire software lifecycle with detailed steps on how you would handle each step." After that fun little curveball, the other guy started hammering me. It started where I had to pretend he was the traffic controller and convince him to change the traffic light timings. I had to convince him that it is worth the cost, time, and risk to do. Finally, I had to consult him on a job board website and he played the worst client ever. I had to try to get requirements out of him while explaining the difference in things I had no clue about. He then ended this fun time with "why booze allen." I told him about how the company is 100 years old, based on a strict moral code, and always delivering award winning work. His response that left me frozen was "yeah, but Delloite has those things too, what makes booze allen different." At the end, He said that I am most likely getting an offer, so that helped me feel better.

Consultant Interview

On campus interviewing, with at least three interviews with associates or higher. Preceded the night before with an in-person, on campus presentation about the company and the benefits of working for the company. After the interviews, I had to complete a writing assignment which I had one hour to complete and then submit back to the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Started with phone screen, then invited to interview about a month later.