Booz Allen Hamilton Engineering Interview Questions

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2011.

Went for an on campus interview. The person I talked to was very friendly and intelligent. He asked me some engineering questions, and some behavioral questions.. typical interview stuff. It sounded like a good place to work but perhaps lacking in a little excitement.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2010.

Through the school career fair. Met with the recruiter sat down, and talked with him for half an hour. Fairly simple questions, mix of trying to understand resume and getting to know you type questions. Very personable interviewer. However, as usual, their contact time wasn't the greatest and it took a while to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2008.

Initial communications through Human Resources/Recruiter. Interview consisted of approximately 5 detailed interviews during a single afternoon. Interviewed for multiple positions--they would not tell me which position I was specifically interviewing for. Many of the interviews were descriptions regarding the company. It was frustrating to not understand what work I would actually be performing. They did a good job of explaining benefits, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately, I do not remember any specific questions. I was mostly asked to describe work listed on my resume.   Answer Question

My company matched their offer in pay and advised me regarding the culture. I chose to stay with my company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2008.

I met BAH through a mutual professional friend. After meeting with them, I was very excited about the level of energy surrounding the firm. When offered a chance to interview, I immediately jumped at it. I was flown to Mclean to meet with several managers to discuss my capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest resource you can bring to BAH?   View Answer
    Negotiations were based on salary.com analyses

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Initial communications was informative and concise.
    Immediate followup with scheduling a date/time.
    Instructions for interview logistics very concise; location, expectations and etc.
    The interview itself was scheduled for 2.5 hours with 6 different people within BAH. It lasted 3 hours, as it should if things went "well". Each interviewer had their own unique style and set of questions - but NONE of them could really describe the actual position I would be filling. I walked away feeling fairly confident.
    I waited a day and called them back to follow up with a "Thank you for the chance to interact... looking forward to a positive response." The next day I e-mailed as much of the group that I had contact information for with similar content.
    I repeated this 1 week later and then again 2 weeks later.
    I have to this date, 1 month later, never received ANY correspondence from them except an "Interview process review".

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you have approached solving (or framing solutions) for a recent client using your analytical skills?   Answer Question
    • When is it relevant to use a structured analysis approach versus an object oriented approach when modeling a client solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2009.

It was very simple. Just a personality assessment and judging whether I was a fit. No real technical questions. It was long and mostly conversational in nature. I thought it would be much more of a challenge. But the people were very nice. I think its important to be articulate.

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2009.

Initial communication via email referral by respected employee of BAH client. Very professional/helpful - even offered to help me obtain a job with one of their clients by referring me to them. I felt this was genuinely both in the best interest of their company and their client.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2011.

Went well, had an interview with a recent graduate and I expect to here back for a real interview... He wasn't interviewing for a specific position and said he'd hand the resume off to an appropriate person

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2011.

I talked to one of the booz allen reps at my college fair.. The rep was very cordial and seemed very interested and engaging. After applying thru their website. I received a call for a telephone interview. the interview lasted about 20 minutes and most of the questions asked seemed like background/general question. after a week I received a call for a 2nd interview at one of their offices downtown.. It was group interview and they were more interested in what I had to say than what they had to offer.. which kinda thru me off. Suffice, it to say it was a good learning experience.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2010.

I was contacted via email to attend an invitations only interview event. Interviewees were seated in an open room at assigned tables. Hiring managers interested in talking to you would enter the room and sit at your table for an hour or so and ask questions. One question which seemed out of place considering the open venue was my currently salary. I balked at the question and was "challenged" by the manager with, "Do you have a problem with telling me your current salary?". Needless to say, that interview did not go well. The next interview went very well, as I spoke to the hiring manager, team lead and 2 others.

I was told this open room type of interviewing was something new they were trying out. I believe it failed on several levels due to all of the noise from all of the other interviews taking place and the lack of privacy.

Interview Questions

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!