Booz Allen Hamilton Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Was referred-in by current employee with the company, who also gave me the hiring manager's name. I sent my cover letter-resume to the hiring manager directly. A couple weeks later, I was contacted by an external recruiter who did a very cursory 15 minute phone interview. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a junior team member and we did two case exercises over the phone. I was then invited to final round where I interviewed with 6 team members, each of varying levels of seniority and each conducting a case exercise.

In general the case exercises were not particularly difficult and there were no typical brain-teaser questions.

I heard back over two weeks later that I hadn't been offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • No particularly difficult questions. One slightly challenging case.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2010.

The hiring process began with a phone interview. A few days later, I was contacted to come in for a interview. The interview was based on a one on one approach that consisted of a four people. I felt that they all had specific information that they were looking for so be prepared. The interview was a great experience. The people are friendly, informative, and genuinely passionate about the company.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2009.

I originally contacted a recruiter in a different area of the country who was an alumni of my college to see if he could try to arrange anything for me in my area in July. I had a preliminary phone interview/screening with him to determine my general interests and qualifications that lasted about half an hour. He put me in touch with another alumni, who was the hiring manager in my area for the technical fields. After another half hour phone interview with him, the hiring manager in my area went off the radar for about a month--I wasn't able to get ahold of him or anyone else at Booz Allen in my city. Finally, one day out of the blue in the beginning of September, he contacted me and took me out to lunch. We talked for about an hour and a half about a new contract BAH had won and what opportunities it would create for me. After that, there was another period of almost a month without being able to get in contact with anyone at BAH.
    At the end of September, though, I got a call from a BAH recruiter saying that I had been referred in by an employee (I'm guessing it was the one I had met, although she didn't confirm it) and asking if I would be available to come in for an interview on October 1st.
    I said yes and she emailed me a link to the application, background check form, and benefits info. On the 1st, I went in for an interview and had 4 half hour interviews--I was the only person there being interviewed. The first was a phone interview with a senior associate in VA, and the other three were in person with associates and senior associates at the local office. The interviews were professional but fairly easy. That being said, I've always interviewed very well, so they might not have been all that easy. All the interviewers asked lots of questions (ranging from general to very specific and pointed) and took copious notes, so I assume they liked what they were hearing. They also asked me if I would be interested in being an earned value management consultant, to which I replied that I would indeed. I got excellent vibes from three of the interviewers and got a mixed read from the other one.
    At the end of the interviews, I asked the last interviewer what the timeline looked like and was told that she had to confer with the other interviewers and that they should make a decision "soon."
    I am deep in the interview process with several other consultant corporations in the area, so I hope that BAH makes its decision fairly quickly. They are by far my number one choice of employer. So, I'm just playing the waiting game

Overall, I'd say once the ball started rolling and I got the call from the second recruiter, the process has moved quite quickly. From the second call to the interviews took all of three days. Now I'm just waiting to hear their verdict, and hoping that it will come within the next week, as I'm fairly certain that the other firms I'm interviewing with will make offers shortly.

Interview Questions
    • If your client has a problem with poor management material, what would you do?   Answer Question

After waiting to hear from them for two weeks, I contacted the recruiter and asked what my status was. She told me they were making a provisional offer for a financial analyst position, but that they didn't have all the funding yet and didn't know when they would have it all lined up (could be up to two or three months, she said). Since I needed work soon, I turned down their rather tenuous offer and accepted a much more immediate and concrete offer from a competitor instead.
    I really wish I could have accepted their offer, as it was by far my first choice for employment. However, not knowing when I'd actually start working and pulling in a source of income was the deal breaker for me--I had a competing offer from another consulting firm that admittedly didn't pay quite a well, but it did have a definite and soon start date. If money was not an issue, I would have had no problem whatsoever waiting for the BAH position to finally open up.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2010.

They were really slow with their processing. I don't understand why I didn't get the job considering I was an excellent candidate. They picked the other man over me because he had a few more months of experience over me. They need to give new chances to new employees.

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2009.

Initially, I was taken to lunch and we discussed opportunities within the firm. Then, I was asked to submit my resume and soon thereafter I was interviewed at the company by five different individuals, those who would be peers as well as partners.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for as far as salary is concerned?   View Answer
    • Why did you choose our firm?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a $5,000 increase from their initial offer and felt it was "in the ballpark."