Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2014.

For the position I was applying for, I had an onsite phone interview with the technical lead. Then follow by a face-to-face interview with the program manager. Both interviews took place on the same day on the same site.

Interview Questions
    • There were more behavioral-type questions than technical questions. The technical lead did inquire how I would approach a technical problem if I was stuck.   View Answer
    Negotiation is between me and the recruiter who is serve as the communicator for the hiring manager. We negotiated for a week.

Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2013.

I filled out an application online and someone contacted me for an initial phone screening a week later. The recruiter that I worked with was very nice but couldn't give me any additional information about the position I was interviewing for. I had an onsite interview the next week in VA. The interview was round robin style and I met with one health care analyst and another recruiter. The health care analyst asked me my skill set and told me about projects she was working on. The recruiter asked me behavioral questions. I never heard back from anyone regarding my application.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to ask your supervisor for help?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2013.

I applied through an employee reference and was contacted about 2 months later. After a preliminary phone interview (the basics, not hard at all) I went in for an onsite interview. There were probably 12 other interviewees attending the same 'round robin' interview day. We all sat at different tables with another chair in front of us. After a speech about the company, our interviewers walked into the room and sat in front of us. After 30 minutes, the first interviewer left and another one took the seat. This happened 3 times.

Questions were basically just getting to know you and see if you'd fit on the team. "Tell me about a project where...." or "Tell me about yourself" Nothing difficult, felt like a conversation. I was given the opportunity to ask questions . After all 3 interviewers, they herded us out of the room and told us we'd be contacted in 5 business days.

Overall, a great experience. The only bad part was my interaction with the recruiter during the offer process. She was awful and absolutely no help. She was rude during the negotiation and setting up my start date. I'm excited about the job but she was a horrible first impression of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer/client?   Answer Question
    Not a lot of room for negotiation. Basically no room. I had another interview with a different company so I asked for more time to consider their offer. They were really stingy about giving me more time.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2012.

In order to be successful, it is very important to demonstrate technical competency and strong consulting skills. The interviewers were very thorough in their examination of my technical skills. It was pretty formal and the teams didn't really say what projects they worked with. Ultimately, I withdrew before we moved to the offer stage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you drove a technical solution to meet a business need?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2011.

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by one of their recruiters to come in a invitation only career day at their location in Herndon. As, I went there, I was seated in a large room with several other candidates seating on different tables. Two interviewers would come in and sit with each candidate for about half and hour and leave. This lasted for two hours with three teams interviewing me with some gap in between. As for the interview experience, it seemed not at all relevant to the position applied. Although, I have more of a mobile application development experience, I was interviewed by teams needing database programmers and web developers. What a complete waste of time.

Digital Forensic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2011.

Typical interview questions: tell me about yourself, what are you interested in BAH, etc. Then it went into more of a technical behavioral interview. How do you use specific tools to analyze risks, malware, intrusions, etc.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2011.

Once the hiring manager was engaged the process moved forward but at a relatively slow pace. However expectations were set and clear. Interview was done in one day and was not drawn out, 4 people met over the course of 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions about technical knowledge that I did not anticipate.   Answer Question
    Not much to negotiate. The negotiation favors the hiring company rather than the employee due to economic conditions.

Cyber Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2010.

Suit required! I was hired based on an initial interview session in a Women's Diversity Event. There were multiple tables with multiple teams of hiring managers. I filled out a comprehensive questionnaire prior to the event (which was scrutinized by the hiring teams). When I arrived, the recruiter let me know which tables to stop at to interview with. I interviewed at four tables and when I left, the tables that interviewed me determined which position I was a best fit for. I was called back for a second interview with the actual site manager.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, it's been 5 years (October 2009) since I interviewed with BAH. I don't remember.   Answer Question
    Four months later, I was sent an offer letter for the position. (By then, I had almost given up on them!) They were not very flexible with negotiations of time off or salary, but instead boasted about the benefits of being with their "firm". Recommendation: Negotiate for the highest LEVEL you can from the start. Get everything in writing (ex: If you complete your degree, we can move you to the next level). Don't sign on until you are satisfied with your offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

I got the interview through a company referral. The next day (literally) I got a call for an interview, which consisted first of a very easy phone screen and then after that I had a series of 1-1 interviews, and a group interview. The questions were incredibly easy - basically just asked me about my experience and background. I think I did a good job of steering the conversation, but midway through it was apparent they were just selling the company. About two hours after the interview, I got a call with a preliminary offer.

Interview Questions
    I got what I asked for, which was on the high side. I think you need to have a good sense of what you're worth and stand firm. The recruiter tried to low ball me a few times, but I stayed firm and got what I wanted.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

NB: I was hired during BAH's TakeShare program. This program was limited to the 2009-2010 period, when Booz Allen hired aggressively to acquire talent. The reasoning was that the recession created an excess of talent in the market, and BAH was in a strong place financially.

- each applicant seated in large room at own small table - applicant's namecard on table
    - three to five individuals or teams came by in half-hour increments for interviews - total time two hours
    - afterwards, a presentation from a recruiter on the firm's benefits structure: vacation, holidays, incentives, training, ECAP (Employee Capital Accumulation Program - essentially 10% of base salary deposited in asset program - full vesting after six years with BAH)

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions - e.g. "Tell me about an interpersonal conflict between yourself and a team member or among other team members. How did you work through the conflict?"   View Answer
    I had two other offers at the time, and BAH offered the highest salary and most-comprehensive benefits, so I had no real reason to negotiate.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!