Booz Allen Hamilton Instructional Designer Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

Instructional Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2014.

Interview

The process was fast! I had three days notice from being considered for an interview until the first phone screen was scheduled, which was amazing. After the phone screen the in person round-robin interview was set up for 2 days afterwards, again very fast. I met with a group of 4 interviewers who came to talk to me in a room individually about different aspects of the job and working for Booz Allen. After the in person on site interview, I had one final interview by phone where we discussed salary potential, titles, and next steps.The team was professional, friendly, and detailed. I found the process enjoyable actually. the only knock I had in the process was this happened before and after a major holiday. follow up for next phases and communication seemed to fall off and become bogged down. Other than this it was a very fast, focused, and fun experience!

Interview Questions

• If I had to say unexpected, I'd have to say the questions about "how do you best like to collaborate when you create content?" Also the question about "who do you consider your clients when developing training?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't much of a negotiation. Prior to an offer being made, there was a final phone interview. During this interview, HR called and we discussed my salary ranges, title options (e.g. ranking), and benefits associated with the title and salary options for the position. They prefaced the discussion with salary restrictions due to government contracts and then made sure to make it known that there wasn't a lot of room to move once an offer was made. So I a sense, I had to know what was possible via research, have my ideal, bottom line and acceptable numbers in mind already, because once the offer was made, there really were no "negotiations." The offer was in the mid point of the range I gave, the title...well, it was OK so I have work to do once I begin. But once I tried to negotiate the salary, pretty much the offer was the offer. I received my acceptable number and I can work with that.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Instructional Designer Interview

Interview

I didn't get a call until about four months after I had applied for the position. Interviewed separately by four people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Recruiter called me and scheduled everything. Face-to-face interview with potential supervisor at the BAH office uptown. Standard interview - no surprises. Very comfortable procedure. Ending up working directly for the interviewer, which was a nightmare.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - did ask more in depth questions about my education.   Answer Question