Booz Allen Hamilton Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I submitted my resume via email after our department head forwarded out an email from Booz Allen Hamilton saying that they would be on campus in one month and were looking for interns. I interviewed on the same day as an exam and was exhausted throughout it, but overall came across as more peppy than I would have on more sleep. Interview asked a few questions about my experience and the different groups at Booz Allen Hamilton and where I could feasibly end up. Additionally, several questions were asked regarding my comfort with the background check that all employees must undergo.

I completed the background check shortly after my interview and received a verbal offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question would be what you wanted to do for them, because there was so little information that they could give you about what they did.   Answer Question

I ended up declining the position because Booz Allen Hamilton was unsure that my clearance would be complete by the start of the summer - in which case they would change my offer to full time. That meant I would need to continue looking for internships and I felt a bit locked in to the full time position if my clearance wasn't ready in time for summer.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2013.

I applied online on the company website. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter afterwards to confirm my interest and availability. I was later contacted by a local rep to set up an interview. I interviewed and received an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Be sure to know both about yourself and the company, as well as why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as this was an internship position.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Just a phone call, talked to 3 people. Nothing too technical, just asked about experience. Last person asked technical questions for fun about networks and cybersecurity.

Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2011.

Applied online in November for a summer internship, received e-mail to set up phone screening in mid January. After initial phone screening I setup another interview with 2 different people. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and was comprised of a technical interviewer and a behavioral interviewer. Everything was done over the phone. About a week later I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions weren't very difficult. Mostly comprised of what I knew about computer programming languages. There was one behavioral question that caught me off guard. It was "Recall a situation in which you faced a difficult challenge and how you overcame it."   Answer Question
    As an intern I didn't have much room to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I contacted the Atlanta office directly. Interviewed via phone then in person. No tricky questions. They just asked about my background and what I wanted out of the internship. In-person interviews consisted of 3 different 1-on-1interviews throughout the few hours I was there. Each person had a different background, and therefore asked a slightly varied set of questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2010.

There were three different division from Booz Allen there: Software Development, Cyber technology, and Analytics. Each division had 3-4 pairs of interviewers and you rotated through each pair. This led to quick paced interviews with over 20 different people from Booz Allen. While it felt semi-rushed, it was nice because it gave you multiple opportunities to make a good impression. Instead of having one chance to connect with the interviewer, you had several. It also gave you the ability to learn more about each different division.

If you did well, you get an unofficial offer a few days later, potentially from more than one division. You can then say what division you liked the most and then they will work on extending you an official offer

Interview Questions
    • What problems have you encountered when working with a team?   Answer Question
    Since this was for an internship position, the hourly rate is dependent on your years of experience and training.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2011.

the interview was a conference call with 4 different managers, one of them was a little late so I had to repeat half of the questions they asked me. They seemed very friendly and they were not trying to make me uncomfortable. Unfortunately, I never heard back from them, not even to say they were unable to give me the internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2011.

Initial phone interview and group panel video conference with 4 people. The initial phone screen was very basic and was with an HR representative. They were fairly knowledgable and answered questions to the best of their ability. The video conference interview was with a panel of 2 people with two difference sections and was technical and behavioral

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about renewable energy and what oil and gas knowledge do you have?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was available

Intern Interview

Two phone interviews- mostly background/qualitative

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you've encountered. What did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Very important to have another employee refer you through the firms employee referral program. Be sure to know about the firms 10 core values. Also, be specific on what you would like to focus your work on, both function (strategy, IT, analytics, etc...) and industry (i.e. DoD, DHS, IRS, etc....). Commercial consulting is not the focus of the company so dont make it the focus of what you are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • I was not well versed on the government, so i could not speak specifically to the type of agencies that i would like to support. do some research on this prior to your interview.   Answer Question
    I was an undergrad going for my first job, so i really didnt attempt to negotiate. and from what i have heard, booz isnt that willing to negotiate either.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!