Booz Allen Hamilton

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via email after our department head forwarded out an email from Booz Allen Hamilton saying that they would be on campus in one month and were looking for interns. I interviewed on the same day as an exam and was exhausted throughout it, but overall came across as more peppy than I would have on more sleep. Interview asked a few questions about my experience and the different groups at Booz Allen Hamilton and where I could feasibly end up. Additionally, several questions were asked regarding my comfort with the background check that all employees must undergo.

I completed the background check shortly after my interview and received a verbal offer about a month later.

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be what you wanted to do for them, because there was so little information that they could give you about what they did.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I ended up declining the position because Booz Allen Hamilton was unsure that my clearance would be complete by the start of the summer - in which case they would change my offer to full time. That meant I would need to continue looking for internships and I felt a bit locked in to the full time position if my clearance wasn't ready in time for summer.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on the company website. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter afterwards to confirm my interest and availability. I was later contacted by a local rep to set up an interview. I interviewed and received an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Be sure to know both about yourself and the company, as well as why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as this was an internship position.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Just a phone call, talked to 3 people. Nothing too technical, just asked about experience. Last person asked technical questions for fun about networks and cybersecurity.

Interview Question – what is BGP and explain what it does.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate.

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online in November for a summer internship, received e-mail to set up phone screening in mid January. After initial phone screening I setup another interview with 2 different people. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and was comprised of a technical interviewer and a behavioral interviewer. Everything was done over the phone. About a week later I received an offer.

Interview Question – Technical questions weren't very difficult. Mostly comprised of what I knew about computer programming languages. There was one behavioral question that caught me off guard. It was "Recall a situation in which you faced a difficult challenge and how you overcame it."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern I didn't have much room to negotiate.

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – I contacted the Atlanta office directly. Interviewed via phone then in person. No tricky questions. They just asked about my background and what I wanted out of the internship. In-person interviews consisted of 3 different 1-on-1interviews throughout the few hours I was there. Each person had a different background, and therefore asked a slightly varied set of questions.

Interview Question – What kind of technical experience do you have?   Answer Question

Linthicum, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2010.

Interview Details – There were three different division from Booz Allen there: Software Development, Cyber technology, and Analytics. Each division had 3-4 pairs of interviewers and you rotated through each pair. This led to quick paced interviews with over 20 different people from Booz Allen. While it felt semi-rushed, it was nice because it gave you multiple opportunities to make a good impression. Instead of having one chance to connect with the interviewer, you had several. It also gave you the ability to learn more about each different division.

If you did well, you get an unofficial offer a few days later, potentially from more than one division. You can then say what division you liked the most and then they will work on extending you an official offer

Interview Question – What problems have you encountered when working with a team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since this was for an internship position, the hourly rate is dependent on your years of experience and training.

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2011.

Interview Details – the interview was a conference call with 4 different managers, one of them was a little late so I had to repeat half of the questions they asked me. They seemed very friendly and they were not trying to make me uncomfortable. Unfortunately, I never heard back from them, not even to say they were unable to give me the internship.

Interview Question – What are your long term goals?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview and group panel video conference with 4 people. The initial phone screen was very basic and was with an HR representative. They were fairly knowledgable and answered questions to the best of their ability. The video conference interview was with a panel of 2 people with two difference sections and was technical and behavioral

Interview Question – What do you know about renewable energy and what oil and gas knowledge do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was available

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – Two phone interviews- mostly background/qualitative

Interview Question – Describe a challenge you've encountered. What did you do?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Very important to have another employee refer you through the firms employee referral program. Be sure to know about the firms 10 core values. Also, be specific on what you would like to focus your work on, both function (strategy, IT, analytics, etc...) and industry (i.e. DoD, DHS, IRS, etc....). Commercial consulting is not the focus of the company so dont make it the focus of what you are looking for.

Interview Question – I was not well versed on the government, so i could not speak specifically to the type of agencies that i would like to support. do some research on this prior to your interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was an undergrad going for my first job, so i really didnt attempt to negotiate. and from what i have heard, booz isnt that willing to negotiate either.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Intern interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.