Booz Allen Hamilton Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague of mine - which I hear is often the only way to an interview at Booz Allen. I interviewed for one group, but the fit was not the best and they did not have enough projects to take another intern. I was then bounced to another group, where I interviewed with a Senior Associate. I was offered the job within a week.

Though my on-boarding process was a bit here and there, it was always cordial - even when the interviewer and I could both discern that the projects I would be working on were really not a good fit. The network there is so fantastic that even the hiccups along the way were handled with ease and professionalism.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Intern Interview

Interview

They have two 30 min interviews back to back. One interview was more on the technical side, asking about my projects that pertain to my major and the career field that I plan to work in. The second interview was more laid back where they asked me about myself and how I work in groups just to get to know my personality better.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

One thirty minute interview that was mostly behavioral. No case work, but focused more on the projects that the Booz Allen team was working on. Focused on data analysis skills and experience dealing with big data sets. Wanted to know a lot about past experiences and the information on the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Dayton, OH).

Interview

The interview was quick they already knew they wanted to hire me as I walked in. it was more of a formal meet and great rather than a normal interview. It was non chalante, I would recommend you to go ready for questions however because they seem like they will ask

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Really nice people. Quick, yet very technical interview. Got interview by 2 people, each who were managers in different departments that were hiring. Booz is doing a lot of good work, and is exploring different spaces of new technologies.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring procedure was very good I must say. The recruiter was really really helpful by making sure I completed the necessary steps before I went in for the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview wasn't difficult at all. I interviewed with two employees and it was more like a normal conversation then the more cliche and cookie cut interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to receive the top pay for the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I submitted my resume via email after our department head forwarded out an email from Booz Allen Hamilton saying that they would be on campus in one month and were looking for interns. I interviewed on the same day as an exam and was exhausted throughout it, but overall came across as more peppy than I would have on more sleep. Interview asked a few questions about my experience and the different groups at Booz Allen Hamilton and where I could feasibly end up. Additionally, several questions were asked regarding my comfort with the background check that all employees must undergo.

I completed the background check shortly after my interview and received a verbal offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question would be what you wanted to do for them, because there was so little information that they could give you about what they did.   Answer Question

I ended up declining the position because Booz Allen Hamilton was unsure that my clearance would be complete by the start of the summer - in which case they would change my offer to full time. That meant I would need to continue looking for internships and I felt a bit locked in to the full time position if my clearance wasn't ready in time for summer.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

An awful experience all around. I interviewed for an internship position in the Strategic Innovation Group. The interview consisted of giving a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation that I had prepared in advance about a project I had worked on, and I was surprised about how quickly I was contacted by my recruiter stating that I would receive an offer. The interviewer itself was easy and the panel of interviewers were nice.

The recruiter provided me details such as salary ($22/hour) and said they would get back to me shortly with my offer letter and details about whether I would be based in Atlanta or DC. Then, I began waiting for the offer letter - my initial interview/verbal offer was in October and I was due to start in May, so I thought there was plenty of time. I followed up with the recruiter every few weeks, asking when my offer letter would be available - each time, it was very difficult to get in contact: she did not answer my emails and it took several attempts at calling to get through each time. Nevertheless, each time, she reassured me that the offer letter would be forthcoming shortly, and not to worry because I did definitely have an internship position, so I did not need to worry about searching for something else.

Then, in February, after going back and forth with her for these 4 months, she finally informed me that they had over-hired and I would not be able to receive a position with the SIG. Keep in mind that she informed me of this after the campus recruiting deadline for other firms, and after reassuring me for several months that I had nothing to be concerned about. She said she would talk to others within the company to see if she could find me an alternative position, as if she was doing me some kind of favor.

I then had to re-interview with the Healthcare IT group (very different from the strategic nature of what I originally applied for). I went through two phone interviews, and then was contacted with my offer. Though it wasn't my main area of interest and far different from the strategic nature of the position I thought I was being hired into, I thought it would be ok, until I found out that the salary would be $16/hour - and the new recruiter refused to negotiate salary whatsoever, even considering that this was far lower than the original $22. This was a position that would have involved .NET development - I knew that $16 was an inappropriate salary for a position that would involve programming and technical skills, but it was very late in the game at this point to find something new for Summer.

Luckily, I was somehow able to secure another position at a different company on such short notice, offering nearly double Booz Allen's salary, and went with that instead. Interestingly, she suddenly wanted to negotiate salary when I called back to reject her offer, but at that point, I no longer had any interest in ever working with or interacting with this company again. She said to definitely consider Booz Allen as I look for future career opportunities, but I will be sure to stay as far away as possible and have learned my lesson not to tie my career to any company - no matter how well-respected I may perceive that company to be.

Interview Questions

My experience with the interview process was so negative that I no longer had any interest in working at or interacting with this company ever again. The projected salary was also not appropriate given the work that would be expected of me and my previous work experience, and the recruiter was unwilling to negotiate or hear any of it until it was too late and I had already chosen somewhere else that gave a better offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Just a phone call, talked to 3 people. Nothing too technical, just asked about experience. Last person asked technical questions for fun about networks and cybersecurity.

Interview Questions

• what is BGP and explain what it does.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter afterwards to confirm my interest and availability. I was later contacted by a local rep to set up an interview. I interviewed and received an offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Be sure to know both about yourself and the company, as well as why you are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as this was an internship position.