Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I would describe the interview as somewhat stressful. There was a total of 6 people I interviewed with and included potential bosses and peers, either in the same capability as I or those I would be working with. The interview process took approximately 5 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• You were given the typical situational type questions that a consultant might face and technical questions for the capability I was being interviewed for (business process improvement)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

They asked me to come in for an interview and it was set up like a speed dating scenario. Multiple leaders came to my table and talked to me about my experience and employment potential

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The interview process was casual and in a casual setting. We met and sat in a corner of a lobby removed from traffic. I had to remind myself to stay in an attentive posture, as the interview felt very much like a casual conversation versus a stump the chump with stupid favorite color style questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

2 Part Interview. One was for technical background which they gauge what skill level your on. The other was kind of a personality type. To see how you interact with other people while at the same time testing your problem solving and analytical thinking.

Interview Questions

• What is DNS and how is it used for? What is the difference between TCP/IP   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I reached out a number of times to a contact I had made. It took a long time to get my resume submitted and a few months to hear back. Once I heard back, a group interview was scheduled and I they made an offer within a few days. The interview questions focused on understanding my background and interest in working in the firm.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very chill and relaxed. My resume was found online after applying through Booz Allen Hamilton's career portal. Then a consultant found my resume and did a phone conversation with me. We talked about my past experiences, why I was interested in BAH and consulting, why I attended my undergrad and grad schools, then he asked if I had some questions about my role or BAH. No curveballs, very relaxed. Then I got invited to McLean to interview face-to-face with the guys there, then talked about more of the same things plus some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume/experience, Why you chose to do attend undergrad or grad school, why BAH, why consulting, no curve balls at all   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Started with an employee referral. Had a phone screen with a recruiter 10 days later. 2 weeks after that I interviewed by 3 people, one at a time. Each asked behavioral questions. Lots of delving into specific situations mentioned in the resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on initial salary

Senior Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a writing test and then an onsite interview in McLean round-robin style - Interviewed with 3 different people for thirty minutes each. Very organized and well done, overall pleasant experience Questions were mostly behavioral - Tell me about a time when... Not difficult if you're prepared. Everyone was very nice. Afterwards, there was a mixer with food and drinks for the interviewers and interviewees to chat more informally

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Conducted over the phone. Had an initial HR screening by two HR managers. Required both application and resumes plus cover letter. Lasted for several hours. Was interviewed by four different managers.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences. Situations. Skills with certain technology. Exposure to new technology. Management skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes negotiated.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Initially contact by a BAH recruiter. Brief phone call with the recruiter first, then a few days later received a call-back asking to go in for an in-person interview. Day-of interview: about 15 or us were taken up the building all at once and sat in a room. After a brief intro to what it is like to work at BAH, each of us were taken into individual private rooms where the interviewer/managers will come and talk to us. I met with 2 interviewers, talked for about 30 mins each. First interviewer asked mostly behavioural questions. Second interviewer did the technical part (making sure I have the technical know-how.) The group promise to get back to everyone within 48 hours regardless of decision. I heard from the recruiter the following day.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you lead a team and how that was like?   Answer Question