Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
609 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview process began with a pre Screen telephone interview with the HR Recruiter. This was Followed by an on-site interview with two managers from the team. Followed by a final on-site interview with the Director/Partner.

Interview Question – Tell me something not on your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate a higher offer.

Lead Associate Interview

Lead Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – The hiring process is long and tedious. You will likely interview with 3 or 4 people and there will be a background check. They might bring you in several times to interview with different levels of people.

Very Easy Interview

Mission Analyst Interview

Mission Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was a panel interview with 6 members of the team. All members were very nice and made me feel comfortable. All the questions that they asked were straight forward so I did not feel that they were trying to catch me up in any way. All the questions I had prepared to ask were all answered before I had the chance to ask them.

Interview Question – What year was the company founded?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interview Details – I was referred to the position from an Employee Referral. I was contacted by a Booz Allen recruiter about 3 weeks after applying for the position.

I was unable to have an in person interview due to logistics. It took place over the phone.

After reading several interview responses here on glassdoor for Booz Allen, I got the impression that there was little technical questions. This was not my case. Two of the five interviews grilled me pretty thoroughly so be prepared to answer questions about technologies you have listed as skills.

The interviewers were all very easy going and the process was quite pleasant.

Interview Question – I was asked by each interviewer the difference abstract classes and interfaces.   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Information Security Engineer
Linthicum, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

Interview Details – Emailed resume to Booz Allen Hamilton after talking with friends who worked for them. Came to their location and interviewed with multiple people in the same building. Most of the interview process was trying to understand my skill set, strengths, and possible weaknesses. When I explained I had cross-domain experience they were interested in hiring me. They hired me even without a known position to fill.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details – Reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn who put me in touch with other recruiters. Was contacted to set up a phone interview and after that, was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Was contact a week later with an offer.

The firm is restructuring so being proactive and reaching out to your interview contact is key.

Interview Question – Interview was surprisingly relaxed and not difficult. No case questions. Being able to accurately and concisely articulate experience is key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary. I had just received a raise from my former employer and I countered with Booz and they increased my offer.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company before I submitted my application. If you're not referred I wouldn't even bother submitting an application. First round I had a ten minute phone screening with my recruiter. It was very simple. "Why Booz Allen, Tell me about your job" things like that. Afterwards we set up an interview date. The interview was 90 minutes long and consisted of three people at 30 minute slots. Everything was back to back to back so there was no time to rest. The first interview consisted of informational questions and a few behavioral questions. The next two were strictly behavorial questions. Booz Allen stresses that you answer these type of questions using the STAR (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) approach. If you don't know what behavorial questions are then you need to find out! Overall the interviewers seemed to care more about fit than anything else so make sure you fit in to Booz Allen's firm culture if you want the job. I was given an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person when you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question

Junior Intelligence Analyst Interview

Junior Intelligence Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interviewed at McLean Virginia campus. Scheduled one hour interview with two Senior Associates (30 min. each) followed up by a recruiter explaining benefits etc. Interviews took place with a group of individuals eventually separated into individual rooms where interviews were conducted. Overall, very casual interview.

Interview Question – What are your hobbies
What is your greatest weakness
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Get spammed for potential work (not funded) by HR contractors. Sit through an interview given empty promises. Sit at the Herndon office for two days of Indoctrination, the pinnacle of which was an ethics board game.

Interview Question – Generic technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We're gonna pay you less than what you were making but were gonna throw in a 10K sign-on bonus, mkay

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Contractual through a Temporary Service - Because the Team had already seen some of my work in other parts of the International Consulting Firm, one of the qualities the Project called for was great organization,team work and business transformation skills. So the head of the team just went to the onsite Temporary Agency, I was called in for an interview, met the Team Members, received an explanation of the Project which was a big overhaul of the Company Electronic Time Reporting System, and was given a Starting Date. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting Projects I've ever worked on and I admired the numerous like companies with in a Corporate Stuscture and the Consulting Phiosophy of the Corporations as well, The onsite temporary service and the consulting firm was started by people who take the time and know how to match up talent and skills, this process automatically achieves monetary growth but also preserves product quality,brand and the design/devlopment process.

Interview Question – Familiarity with financial system development (not per verdom)   View Answer

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!