Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very chill and relaxed. My resume was found online after applying through Booz Allen Hamilton's career portal. Then a consultant found my resume and did a phone conversation with me. We talked about my past experiences, why I was interested in BAH and consulting, why I attended my undergrad and grad schools, then he asked if I had some questions about my role or BAH. No curveballs, very relaxed. Then I got invited to McLean to interview face-to-face with the guys there, then talked about more of the same things plus some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume/experience, Why you chose to do attend undergrad or grad school, why BAH, why consulting, no curve balls at all   Answer Question

Senior Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a writing test and then an onsite interview in McLean round-robin style - Interviewed with 3 different people for thirty minutes each. Very organized and well done, overall pleasant experience Questions were mostly behavioral - Tell me about a time when... Not difficult if you're prepared. Everyone was very nice. Afterwards, there was a mixer with food and drinks for the interviewers and interviewees to chat more informally

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Started with an employee referral. Had a phone screen with a recruiter 10 days later. 2 weeks after that I interviewed by 3 people, one at a time. Each asked behavioral questions. Lots of delving into specific situations mentioned in the resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on initial salary

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Conducted over the phone. Had an initial HR screening by two HR managers. Required both application and resumes plus cover letter. Lasted for several hours. Was interviewed by four different managers.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences. Situations. Skills with certain technology. Exposure to new technology. Management skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes negotiated.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Initially contact by a BAH recruiter. Brief phone call with the recruiter first, then a few days later received a call-back asking to go in for an in-person interview. Day-of interview: about 15 or us were taken up the building all at once and sat in a room. After a brief intro to what it is like to work at BAH, each of us were taken into individual private rooms where the interviewer/managers will come and talk to us. I met with 2 interviewers, talked for about 30 mins each. First interviewer asked mostly behavioural questions. Second interviewer did the technical part (making sure I have the technical know-how.) The group promise to get back to everyone within 48 hours regardless of decision. I heard from the recruiter the following day.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you lead a team and how that was like?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2015.

Interview

The pre-screening interview over the phone with my recruiter was probably the hardest part. About 3 weeks later, I had an in-person interview which included 3 separate face-to-face interviews. Each of those largely wanted to know what questions I might have about the group/company, while one of them asked a case question. The case question wasn't difficult to work through and my interviewers worked with me on the case so it felt like teamwork from the start. I was contacted 2 business days later by phone that they wanted to extend an offer to me. I received the formal offer via email the following day.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

It took three months for them to respond to my job application and when they were ready to interview me I had to meet with three people separately so they could make sure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about my resume.   1 Answer

IT Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was contaced by a recruiter. A phone interview was scheduled a few days later with hiring manager. I receivved a contingent offer a few days later. The offer was contingent based on background check, clearance, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who had a different view on a project and the steps you too to work through it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen interview with HR a few days after applying online. Scheduled an in person interview for the following week. 3 consecutive interviews from 3 people initially scheduled on-site, stopped after 2 people completed their interviews that ended up going long by roughly 50% each. HR contact and offer afterwards came from out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where you know with 100% certainty that your solution to a problem is correct, however your client refuses to accept the solution?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe to me what consulting truly is?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working with people that absolutely do not want you to be there under any circumstances? How would you turn the situation into a positive?   Answer Question

Computer Network Exploitation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Booz Allen is a special company to interview with. I was contacted by one of many technical recruiters they have scattered throughout the US. After flooding my email inbox with requests to interview based off a resume I placed online through a job site, I responded. I spoke with the recruiter who seemed to be more interested in filling a quota, than actually listening to the skills I said I had and what I was looking to do. She never told me what job she was submitting me to interview for, and when I asked she told me I would be told at the "hiring event." Frustrating to say the least, because you are asking a former military member, who has been trained to fulfilled a number of jobs and roles to go interview for an unknown job. Fast forward...Interview/Hiring event day. I arrive early, but not too early. I report to the front desk to let them know I arrived and was waiting for the escort/admin assistant who set up the interview. Not sure who was the one being unprofessional, but the receptionist made the call, and then told me I was early and the escort said I was suppose to arrive at a certain time, so she will come get me then. It was said kind of rude and with a slight attitude. By the way, she didn't arrive when she said. She was about 10 mins late. Anyway, I was escorted to my interview where I was smacked in the face with a technical interview. Definitely was not prepared to be smacked in the face with a college type entrance exam in the first minute of arriving. That definitely did not go well. My interviewer seemed like he was more interested in playing stump the chump, then finding out about my skills and what I could provided to the company. Oh yea, by the way, I still was not told what was position was being submitted for, just the contract. I am assuming they wanted me to be an exploitation analyst, but still not sure. They were talking to me as if I applied to their company, but I did not. Their recruiters contacted me and said I was a good fit for their organization and this "event" was suppose to find the best fit utilizing my skill sets. After the interview, I realized that this company is not for me. If I am kept in the dark on something as simple as an interview, then what else can I be kept in the dark on when it comes to working for this company. Booz Allen prides themselves on being the best and the most professional in the business. But based on my brief encounter with them, I question that.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions in reference to computer networks and hacking.   1 Answer