Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied with my resume. I was contacted via email to set up a phone call. I talked to two separate team members. I had no prior connection, and the entire process took about a month. Most of the interview was behavioral, and was not technical. However, they did ask some questions that required critical thinking.

Level III Research Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Received an offer after going through an externship program with the Strategic Innovation Group. The externship had one phone call where they asked basic Java concepts. The externship dealt with writing a MapReduce job, learning how to perform SQL Injection, and using Agile Development.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were basic Java questions (i.e. describe the complexity of searching in an unbalanced array, describe polymorphism, etc.).   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied through my University and got an interview on campus within a few days (15 min interview). Then received an email about 2 weeks later asking for a phone interview (1.5 hours with 3 1:1 interviewers). Very nice people. All interviewers were fairly relaxed though some technical questions were asked. They spoke a lot about the position itself

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions about statistical modeling (logarithmic questions)   Answer Question
    Pretty set in salary

Acquisition Analyst, Junior Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contacted by recruiter for a preliminary phone interview with basic HR questions. Profile was then sent to hiring managers. Invited to an onsite Hiring Event and interviewed with three groups of two interviewers. The groups were of different teams and positions. It is not a normal interview where you sit for one specific position. Each group went through my resume and asked how about my experience would fit into their respective position. Each group has 20 minutes face time, and the entire process was about 90 minutes. Specifically mention a date that the recruiter would get back. Recruiter confirmed an offer from one of the team in the next week.

Associate Interview

Interview is easy. The first is hard to see what you know and don't know. The second is to let you know if you like the proposed position. Not a hard interview at all. More about personality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to propose a new solution and also sell it for future contractual work   Answer Question
    None

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Initially has one phone interview as a screening with an internal recruiter (HR) with behavioral questions and resume related questions. Then had an onsite interview which lasted several hours, including 3 interviews each with a 2 person panel. Later had one more phone interview for follow-up to clarify which group would be the best fit.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you failed to meet the objectives of the project.   Answer Question
    Negotiation is possible if you have valid reasons.

Staff Technologist Interview

Pretty simple. Showed up to the herndon office and interviewed with three senior/lead engineers. Took about 2 hours in total. Got a call the next day to setup a package.

Interview Questions
    • Step up to the whiteboard and build a diagram of a restaurant that is looking to promote its online market.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

After 1 hour screening interview, had 1 hour interview with Principal. Was extended an offer about 3 weeks later. Interview was mainly around my professional background, skills, behavioral questions and my aspirations for joining Booz Allen.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any business case-related questions. Just behavior questions and what one was seeking in transitioning to Booz Allen.   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate, but did not have much success.

Management Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

On campus recruiting. Heard back promptly. Simple behavioral interview and standard questions. Nothing out of left field. Very good interviewer. Second round was with someone in my desired field. Very easy and nice people.

Interview Questions
    Pretty simple and straight forward.

Software Engineer, Junior Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Awesome process! Great that I've experienced various other interviews prior to my interview with Booz Allen Hamilton. They begin with an over the phone interview and if you pass the basics(knowledge about the company, the position, your own resume topped with a positive ambitious attitude - you should expect an email invitation to the next round). My session was a group session with interviewees looking to fill various other rolls within the company. There is a question and answer group portion(ask at least one genius question) and then you will be individually interviewed by 2-3 employees of the company that will be potentially working with you on the project you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Offered another job closer to my home.