Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.7

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred by a current employee. The first portion of the interview process was a 1 hour tech screen involving programming questions. Once passed, there was a 3 hour in person interview for behavioral questions and to see if I would fit in.

Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Simple interview only few questions and most of it was like a discussion. Coming from military with lot of clearances it was a cake walk. They seemed to be prejudicial with their as they seem to make a decision to select candidates before the interview begins.

Interview Questions

Very disappointed after a recruiter has informed me that they were paying 17k more for people in lower positions with no experience if they have other job offers during negotiations. Make sure to be aware of your value or just say you have an other offer on the table.
    It made me feel sorry as the recruiting team consists of back stabbers and an attitude of low balling candidates.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

It started with a call from the recruiter who found my resume in her database and briefly discussed my interests and my desire to work at the company. I was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. I went to the office and started the interview with multiple candidates where we were told about the company and the type of opportunities available. Then we broke out and individually met with 3 interviewers. The interviewers each asked personality/behavioral type questions. There was no case study. After the interview I was offered a job 3 days later and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview was with multiple teams. Nothing over technical. Project managers just wanted to see if you were a fit for company culture. The technical interview was basic network security.

Unknown Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Having previously been employed with Booz Allen for 8 years, I expected some degree of understanding that, at a minimum, I'm fully qualified to return to employment there. Apparently not...they sent me through to a job fair style large interview event. Had I known this prior to showing up, I would have pushed back. What made the whole process confusing was once I passed through this stage to the individual interview, they were never clear what exactly it was I was interviewing for. I understood they were very interested in winning more work in the client space I had just left and wanted to lean on that opportunity but the lack of clarity into my role or expectations made the entire "interview" difficult from my end.

I met with the Principal of the team who then passed me on to an Associate level manager. Having been on both sides of the Booz interview process before, the entire interview seemed disjointed and lacking focus. Additionally, since I had already met with the individual that actually has hiring authority (the Principal), I found the 2nd discussion with the Associate a bit of a waste. Overall it left me thinking they hadn't taken a turn for the better since I left them a few years previously.

Interview Questions
    • Just general discussion around my experience and, specifically, the client I had just been working with since they were interested in expanding in that area.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

It was three back to back in person interviews each about 30-40 minutes.
    Mostly behavior questions, questions about my past projects and some basic OOP questions.
    1 example of code was provided, had to debug it if anything was wrong with it and explain its time complexity.
    Very informative and nice interviewers,

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The initial phone interview consisted of very basic questions. I did not talk much of about my experience in the phone screening. The second interview was two hours and interviewed with four people. Mostly I had to describe situations where I was faced with a certain circumstances and how I handled the situation.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel more comfortable working as a team or alone?   Answer Question

Deputy Technical Project Manager(Lead Technologist) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I completed three interviews that day for three different positions. I was only told I was interviewing for one position; I think they were trying to understand what my skill-sets were and how best to apply it to the organization. After the initial interview, I completed a second one, and the decision was made to hire me. However, I was called to complete another over the phone with the the manager I was going to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Have I worked in a project management capacity and how my role impacted shift workers.   View Answer

Java Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

There were two interviews, both were individual and the other candidates weren't there for the same job. The first was on the phone, they had a phone in the room they placed me in. After the phone call someone came in to interview me in person. All the questions were based on my resume and experiences. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had trouble working with another individual and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was out of country during the interview process however the company was extremely accommodating to the circumstances and was still able to conduct a professional interview via email. If this is how they value their potential employees, I would love to work with them everyday as this shows me they are reasonable and care about their people.

Interview Questions
    • What do I think is my most valuable skill?   View Answer