Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.7

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I first made contact through an employee working in BAH and when the position opened up I applied using an employee reference. I believe that going through an employee reference is ones greatest chance of getting to the interview process. I answered some preliminary questions regarding my background through a phone interview with their HR. Then a week later was scheduled for an in person interview. It was quite relaxed, behavioral type of questions were asked. Make sure to study about the company and incorporate it into your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a conflict you have faced in the office, how you handeled it and what were the results.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The interview was quick they already knew they wanted to hire me as I walked in. it was more of a formal meet and great rather than a normal interview. It was non chalante, I would recommend you to go ready for questions however because they seem like they will ask

Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Received a call to attend a hiring event after networking with a previous BAH associate. The interview event consisted of 50-some of us being interviewed by 10+ groups of people "speed interviewing" (15-30 minutes tops per session). It seemed that the people who came to interview you already received your resume long beforehand and decided they wanted to meet you and learn more about you; everyone I met seemed to already know my background without really looking at my resume.

I've been to two of these events. They say they make decisions "that night" but I got offers from both events and each time it took a few days to come through. Just gotta be patient and follow up with them every so often.

Interview Questions
    • There were no tricky interview questions, but they did ask me some very heavy technical questions that were a bit above my knowledge level. I think this was intentional because they wanted to gauge where the ceiling was.   Answer Question
    I had an offer from another firm that was significantly higher, but I really wanted to work for BAH instead. I relayed this to my recruiter who went to bat for me and came very close to the competing offer, which I accepted.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied to several positions on line and had a family member who worked there contact recruiters with a simple follow-up email. The family member did not support the same industry, so there was no "in" in that sense.

I came in and went through 5 or so 1:1 interviews in a row, including an additional one with HR which was all information sharing from their end. I was right out of college, so the 1:1 interviews were basic behavioral questions, asking why I was interested in the health industry, asking for examples of client service experience, etc. Very standard.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the original offer, but you can and should always negotiate

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2015.

I met with hiring manager via Skype and then met with next three levels of management in person. They asked challenging questions and wanted to know more about my background and level of technical experience. I was not able to obtain much of any information from the BAH team about the position itself because the project is gov't-related and classified.

Interview Questions
    • Short open ended questions or situational questions, such as what would you do if you were in charge of a blotched project, etc. And ...how would go about loading code to the web? Tell me when things went really bad and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2015.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. The phone screen was pretty quick, all the questions were basically things she could have gotten from my online application. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person at the Crystal City office. There were about 5 other candidates interviewing for the same position when I got there. Interview was with 3 separate people from the team. Most of the questions focused on why I wanted to work for Booz Allen and some behavioral questions. Interviewers were not very relaxed and it was not really a great experience. I wasn't interested in working for them anymore and accepted another offer.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Participated in on-campus recruiting. Of the 9 companies I interviewed with my Senior year, BAH was the only one that made me feel like the interviewer was trying to get to know me as a person. It was not an interrogation, nor was it full of standard questions that everyone has pre-prepared answers for. It was a genuine conversation. Ultimately, this is why i chose BAH

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. every college hire in technology was brought in at the same amount

Summer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Emailed recruiter with resume; I had a competitive GPA in very difficult majors so she got back directly and had in person interview. I think this route normally is hard to do if you are not a college student just because it looks a bit unprofessional, but if you are, definitely reach out to someone and network.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly a fit interview; no technical questions; asked a lot of questions regarding items on resume you must be able to attest to these quickly and effectively.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Referred by a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter about a month later and did an informal phone interview on the spot. Contacted about one week later for an in person interview, scheduled for the following week. Interview itself consisted of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with members of the team I was being considered for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a team member who wasn't contributing. How did you handle the situation? What advice would you offer to someone else in a similar situation?   Answer Question
    I asked for a 10% increase but was told that my initial offer was the most they could offer. However, the initial offer was very competitive so I accepted.

Contracts Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Applied via Booz-Allen's careers website. Booz-Allen first contacted me about interviewing with them by phone. Because it was a Friday before I was to leave on vacation, we had a couple of subsequent phone conversations while I was on vacation. Face-to-face interview was a few days after I returned. They interviewed a few other candidates for the job after that.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of the more difficult negotiations you were involved in?   Answer Question