Booz Allen Hamilton

Getting the Interview

561 candidate interviews

HCM Consultant Interview

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke with a recruiter at an MBA Conference in September, and almost two months later I received a phone call for an interview in early November. I flew into Reston on a Thursday evening, and the interview took place on a Friday. I had a total of 4 interviews in a "speed dating" type format. The interviews went great, and I received wonderful feedback - I was told that I would be perfect for a particular position, and that I would be contacted within the next week. I followed up with the recuiter a couple weeks later...didn't hear anything, however I finally received a phone call from the recruiter around Thanksgiving stating that they apologize, are running behind with getting back with candidates, and that I was still being considered for the position. I called back a couple weeks later, received the same message, and never heard back at all. I'm not sure if the contract for the position fell through, but I found the process to be unorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Experience, weaknesses, strengths, situational questions, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

Interview Details – McKinsey type bs to figure out process. Like telling an adult how you put trousers on

Interview Question – How will you guarantee new business - we are hunting big elephants   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic goals for business Development in areas where they had not won business

Associate Interview

Associate
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three two-person teams in sequence. Each team focused on a different aspect of work at Booz Allen, using my resume as their basis for questioning. The oerall interview lasted three hours. After I was hired, I found myself working with many of the people who performed the interview.

Interview Question – How do I balance my work life with personal life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was contacted by HR three days after my interview, and given a verbal salary/position offer.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Troy, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview at local office- was hired and then kept on 'hold' until a position opened up. Interview style was a panel with my future bosses. Very relaxed and focused on my college experiences - good dialogue and back and forth. Discover Booz Allen orientation was great- worked with many Harvard, MIT, and Stanford grads. My time at BAH set the groundwork for my career- I still work with many BAH'ers as a government employee.

Interview Question – Can you obtain a secret clearance ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Automatic bump in salary, 5-10%. Non-negotiated.

Lead Associate Interview

Lead Associate
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2008.

Interview Details – Got an interview through on-campus university career services. Interview was one on one with HR representative and then the technical interview with five technical team managers. Interview was detailed and it took more than 4 hours including presentation, demonstration and technical queries. Concentrated more on seeing if the candidate is eager to learn.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Booz Allen Hamilton   View Answer

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

Interview Details – NB: I was hired during BAH's TakeShare program. This program was limited to the 2009-2010 period, when Booz Allen hired aggressively to acquire talent. The reasoning was that the recession created an excess of talent in the market, and BAH was in a strong place financially.

- each applicant seated in large room at own small table - applicant's namecard on table
- three to five individuals or teams came by in half-hour increments for interviews - total time two hours
- afterwards, a presentation from a recruiter on the firm's benefits structure: vacation, holidays, incentives, training, ECAP (Employee Capital Accumulation Program - essentially 10% of base salary deposited in asset program - full vesting after six years with BAH)

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions - e.g. "Tell me about an interpersonal conflict between yourself and a team member or among other team members. How did you work through the conflict?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had two other offers at the time, and BAH offered the highest salary and most-comprehensive benefits, so I had no real reason to negotiate.

Senior Consultant
Linthicum, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

Interview Details – My resume was submitted to them by an employee and I received a phone call within 24 hours. I was brought to a interview fair and was grilled heavily on the technical questions. I was brought to a private room and away from the hordes of people once I passed the technical potion of the interview.

Interview Question – Deep packet analysis questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $80K and they came back at me with $85K. I can't complain, they were very fair and didn't take advantage of a young guy who was new to the market.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – 6 rounds, some technical questions and some behavioral

Interview Question – write an algorithm to reverse an array   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Worked with University Recruitment Staff during the selection and interview process. Initial interview consisted of a general phone screen covering background, previous work experience, etc. After 2 weeks of waiting for a preliminary determination, the final interview was scheduled about a month after the process kicked off. The final interview consisted of a phone interview with 4 Booz Allen Hamilton staff asking a series of questions related to my career aspirations, experience working within teams, large scale projects that I had worked on in school or various internships, etc. The verbal offer came fairly quickly - 2 to 3 weeks after the final interview, but formal paperwork (a signed offer letter from a Partner) did not materialize until 3 to 4 months after the final interview. The particular recruiter I was working with was good at keeping me up to date regarding status of the formal offer.

Interview Question – What aspects of consulting for the Federal government interest you the most?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given a range (based on my major and expected role within the firm) with the low and high value separated by 10k. Based on the strength of my previous experience, I was able to secure a salary only 2k below the max. None of the other 3 offers I received at the time (IBM, Capital One, Bank of America) came within 8k of Booz Allen Hamilton's offer, so I wasn't able to use any of them for leverage.

Senior Consultant

I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2012.

Interview Details – My interview process consisted of meeting with 5 consultants for 30 minutes each. Each meeting consisted of a series of situational questions and case studies.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton interview questions and advice. All 561 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.