Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

2.7

HCM Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

I spoke with a recruiter at an MBA Conference in September, and almost two months later I received a phone call for an interview in early November. I flew into Reston on a Thursday evening, and the interview took place on a Friday. I had a total of 4 interviews in a "speed dating" type format. The interviews went great, and I received wonderful feedback - I was told that I would be perfect for a particular position, and that I would be contacted within the next week. I followed up with the recuiter a couple weeks later...didn't hear anything, however I finally received a phone call from the recruiter around Thanksgiving stating that they apologize, are running behind with getting back with candidates, and that I was still being considered for the position. I called back a couple weeks later, received the same message, and never heard back at all. I'm not sure if the contract for the position fell through, but I found the process to be unorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Experience, weaknesses, strengths, situational questions, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

McKinsey type bs to figure out process. Like telling an adult how you put trousers on

Interview Questions
    • How will you guarantee new business - we are hunting big elephants   View Answer

Unrealistic goals for business Development in areas where they had not won business

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interviewed for an Arlington consultant position and the entire process was very thorough. I had a phone interview with an recruiter that was just going over my resume. Then I filled out an application and had back to back phone interviews with different people in different departments. These two ask some harder questions like "why Booze Allen" or "what is your process if you wanted to pick out a new dishwasher for me, but there was no internet". Nothing too hard though. That was followed by an informal phone interview to see how i thought the interviews went and my availability for an in person interview. My in person interview was on an entirely different level though. I met with two people from my potential department. The first question was "walk me through the entire software lifecycle with detailed steps on how you would handle each step." After that fun little curveball, the other guy started hammering me. It started where I had to pretend he was the traffic controller and convince him to change the traffic light timings. I had to convince him that it is worth the cost, time, and risk to do. Finally, I had to consult him on a job board website and he played the worst client ever. I had to try to get requirements out of him while explaining the difference in things I had no clue about. He then ended this fun time with "why booze allen." I told him about how the company is 100 years old, based on a strict moral code, and always delivering award winning work. His response that left me frozen was "yeah, but Delloite has those things too, what makes booze allen different." At the end, He said that I am most likely getting an offer, so that helped me feel better.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2009.

I was interviewed by three two-person teams in sequence. Each team focused on a different aspect of work at Booz Allen, using my resume as their basis for questioning. The oerall interview lasted three hours. After I was hired, I found myself working with many of the people who performed the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do I balance my work life with personal life   View Answer
    I was contacted by HR three days after my interview, and given a verbal salary/position offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2008.

Initial interview at local office- was hired and then kept on 'hold' until a position opened up. Interview style was a panel with my future bosses. Very relaxed and focused on my college experiences - good dialogue and back and forth. Discover Booz Allen orientation was great- worked with many Harvard, MIT, and Stanford grads. My time at BAH set the groundwork for my career- I still work with many BAH'ers as a government employee.

Interview Questions
    Automatic bump in salary, 5-10%. Non-negotiated.

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2008.

Got an interview through on-campus university career services. Interview was one on one with HR representative and then the technical interview with five technical team managers. Interview was detailed and it took more than 4 hours including presentation, demonstration and technical queries. Concentrated more on seeing if the candidate is eager to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for Booz Allen Hamilton   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2010.

It was like speed dating... I did not like it, but I still got hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

NB: I was hired during BAH's TakeShare program. This program was limited to the 2009-2010 period, when Booz Allen hired aggressively to acquire talent. The reasoning was that the recession created an excess of talent in the market, and BAH was in a strong place financially.

- each applicant seated in large room at own small table - applicant's namecard on table
    - three to five individuals or teams came by in half-hour increments for interviews - total time two hours
    - afterwards, a presentation from a recruiter on the firm's benefits structure: vacation, holidays, incentives, training, ECAP (Employee Capital Accumulation Program - essentially 10% of base salary deposited in asset program - full vesting after six years with BAH)

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Questions - e.g. "Tell me about an interpersonal conflict between yourself and a team member or among other team members. How did you work through the conflict?"   View Answer
    I had two other offers at the time, and BAH offered the highest salary and most-comprehensive benefits, so I had no real reason to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2010.

My resume was submitted to them by an employee and I received a phone call within 24 hours. I was brought to a interview fair and was grilled heavily on the technical questions. I was brought to a private room and away from the hordes of people once I passed the technical potion of the interview.

Interview Questions
    I asked for $80K and they came back at me with $85K. I can't complain, they were very fair and didn't take advantage of a young guy who was new to the market.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

6 rounds, some technical questions and some behavioral

Interview Questions

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!