Booz Allen Hamilton

610 candidate interviews

HCM Consultant Interview

HCM Consultant
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke with a recruiter at an MBA Conference in September, and almost two months later I received a phone call for an interview in early November. I flew into Reston on a Thursday evening, and the interview took place on a Friday. I had a total of 4 interviews in a "speed dating" type format. The interviews went great, and I received wonderful feedback - I was told that I would be perfect for a particular position, and that I would be contacted within the next week. I followed up with the recuiter a couple weeks later...didn't hear anything, however I finally received a phone call from the recruiter around Thanksgiving stating that they apologize, are running behind with getting back with candidates, and that I was still being considered for the position. I called back a couple weeks later, received the same message, and never heard back at all. I'm not sure if the contract for the position fell through, but I found the process to be unorganized and unprofessional.

Interview Question – Experience, weaknesses, strengths, situational questions, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

Interview Details – McKinsey type bs to figure out process. Like telling an adult how you put trousers on

Interview Question – How will you guarantee new business - we are hunting big elephants   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unrealistic goals for business Development in areas where they had not won business

Lead Associate Interview

Lead Associate
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2008.

Interview Details – Got an interview through on-campus university career services. Interview was one on one with HR representative and then the technical interview with five technical team managers. Interview was detailed and it took more than 4 hours including presentation, demonstration and technical queries. Concentrated more on seeing if the candidate is eager to learn.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work for Booz Allen Hamilton   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Troy, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2008.

Interview Details – Initial interview at local office- was hired and then kept on 'hold' until a position opened up. Interview style was a panel with my future bosses. Very relaxed and focused on my college experiences - good dialogue and back and forth. Discover Booz Allen orientation was great- worked with many Harvard, MIT, and Stanford grads. My time at BAH set the groundwork for my career- I still work with many BAH'ers as a government employee.

Interview Question – Can you obtain a secret clearance ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Automatic bump in salary, 5-10%. Non-negotiated.

Associate Interview

Associate
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by three two-person teams in sequence. Each team focused on a different aspect of work at Booz Allen, using my resume as their basis for questioning. The oerall interview lasted three hours. After I was hired, I found myself working with many of the people who performed the interview.

Interview Question – How do I balance my work life with personal life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was contacted by HR three days after my interview, and given a verbal salary/position offer.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for an Arlington consultant position and the entire process was very thorough. I had a phone interview with an recruiter that was just going over my resume. Then I filled out an application and had back to back phone interviews with different people in different departments. These two ask some harder questions like "why Booze Allen" or "what is your process if you wanted to pick out a new dishwasher for me, but there was no internet". Nothing too hard though. That was followed by an informal phone interview to see how i thought the interviews went and my availability for an in person interview. My in person interview was on an entirely different level though. I met with two people from my potential department. The first question was "walk me through the entire software lifecycle with detailed steps on how you would handle each step." After that fun little curveball, the other guy started hammering me. It started where I had to pretend he was the traffic controller and convince him to change the traffic light timings. I had to convince him that it is worth the cost, time, and risk to do. Finally, I had to consult him on a job board website and he played the worst client ever. I had to try to get requirements out of him while explaining the difference in things I had no clue about. He then ended this fun time with "why booze allen." I told him about how the company is 100 years old, based on a strict moral code, and always delivering award winning work. His response that left me frozen was "yeah, but Delloite has those things too, what makes booze allen different." At the end, He said that I am most likely getting an offer, so that helped me feel better.

Interview Question – What makes Booze Allen different from Delloite   Answer Question

Cyber Security Intern Interview

Cyber Security Intern
San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2011.

Interview Details – 4 different people interviewed me, 30 minutes each. The first two engineers ask me basic questions about my previous experiences, and the last two engineers asked me about technical networking terms, such as "define sandbox, the process of data packets" , etc.

Interview Question – Technical networking terms   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume to a colleague, the recruiting team made a contact via email and arranged phone interview. After the phone interview, a technical interview was scheduled. The technical interview included introduction of the job opening and a brief overview of contract applied. Series of knowledge based questions followed. Overall, the interview was conducted in formal and professional manner. Interviewers kept the questions and comments simple and clear.

Interview Question – The details of technical questions were overall unexpected, however, not too terrible.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 9 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Contractual through a Temporary Service - Because the Team had already seen some of my work in other parts of the International Consulting Firm, one of the qualities the Project called for was great organization,team work and business transformation skills. So the head of the team just went to the onsite Temporary Agency, I was called in for an interview, met the Team Members, received an explanation of the Project which was a big overhaul of the Company Electronic Time Reporting System, and was given a Starting Date. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting Projects I've ever worked on and I admired the numerous like companies with in a Corporate Stuscture and the Consulting Phiosophy of the Corporations as well, The onsite temporary service and the consulting firm was started by people who take the time and know how to match up talent and skills, this process automatically achieves monetary growth but also preserves product quality,brand and the design/devlopment process.

Interview Question – Familiarity with financial system development (not per verdom)   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I initially had a phone screen and then was scheduled for an interview with several other applicants. You aren't interviewed together, but you do get an opportunity to meet other applicants before your interviews. Take time to get to know them if you can - they may be your future colleagues. Each applicant was assigned a room and interviewers cycled in and out. Most of the interview questions I received were behavioral, but I also received one case question. Overall, the interviews were more of a conversation about my experience and how I could add value to the firm.

Interview Question – How would you determine how many trees are in Central Park?   Answer Question

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!