Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Pretty simple one on one interview

Principal Interview

All about personality fit

Consultant Interview

I was first contacted by a Booz Allen recruiter for JMOs. He was very helpful and talked for about 2 hours about my qualifications. He even told me that he has found a job for me a week later. However, a few weeks after that, he was impossible to reach. Talking to some of my other JMO friends (a total of three), they have had the turn around and still had no success in reaching them and never got any offers; they were just left in the dark with no further guidance. The company seems like a legit place, but the recruiting process is terrible. If you are a JMO and got the same thing, don't fret! Continue to search for jobs because there are a lot of jobs out there that pay more and don't treat you like dirt.

Senior Consultant Interview

Over necessarily stretched. Not for the immediate job seeker. FIrst a series of "phone screens" then followed by an inperson panel interview to feel you out. It boils down really to whether they like you or not.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

3 interviews with questions focused on skills and leadership.

Did not negotiate.

Associate II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Was contacted by a recruiter the morning that I submitted my job application. Phone interview lasted 10 minutes.
    I was brought in to interview with 5 people after that. A senior person greeted me upon my arrival. I was sat in a small room. First, I was interviewed by two senior people one had been with the company 30+ years, the other, 5+ years. They asked me questions like, "what do you know about Booz?" They had the job description in front of them and ran through each responsibility asking me questions about whether I could fulfill it. This lasted 30 minutes. Then I had a phone interview for 30 minutes. I was grilled on my specific area of expertise. Then I had a 30 minute interview with another man who had been there 20 + years. He ran through the job description again and asked me, "Do you think you are under qualified for this position?" Then I had an interview with the recruiter. He really only wanted to know if I had any questions about Booz. Everyone was very candid and clear. I asked people to repeat questions occasionally as I don't have a business background, and don't know all the jargon. They were happy to do so.

Interview Questions
    The recruiter contacted me over the phone, and told me the salary and benefits. I thought the salary was low and said so. He responded he wasn't trying to low ball me and told me how great the benefits were again. I didn't choose to negotiate. I could have, but I just took the job. With this economy there's really no room to negotiate in my opinion.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Process was simple...Had three thirty minute interviews. Received a phone call a few days later with an offer

Interview Questions
    • I was pretty prepared and wasn't surprised by any of the questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Came out of college recruiting, large interview workshop. Was interviewed by multiple people from different teams in succession

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Two phone interviews- mostly background/qualitative

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you've encountered. What did you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I had 4 interviews back to back, during which the interviewers just talked to me about the firm.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a $10k increase in salary.