Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

3 interviews with questions focused on skills and leadership.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I had 4 interviews back to back, during which the interviewers just talked to me about the firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a $10k increase in salary.

Associate Interview

Interview

2-pahse recruiting process: 1) Phone screen with HR recruiter 2) On site behavioral interview with 3 persons each emphasizing - Consulting Skills, - Leadership Skills, - Technical Skills

Associate Interview

Interview

Was brought before a committee of 4 associate and senior-associate members. The interview took around 3 hours.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Booz Allen usually brings candidates in to a large interview session for 50+ applicants at a time where each applicant interviews for 30 minutes with three current client-facing staff.

Interview Questions

• Questions are often experience-based: "Tell me about a time when you . . ."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Interview

The process took a total of 4 weeks. No out of the ordinary questions and I thought the interview went well. It took awhile and a couple of emails reaching out for them to get back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Columbia, MD).

Interview

I interviewed for a position based on a referral from the company being supported by the Booz Allen Hamilton contract vehicle. Because of the referral, I was able to bypass the initial HR screening, which simplified the process. I received a call from a Booz Allen Principal asking if I was interested in the position and subsequently got a call from their Recruiting section to be screened for qualifications and to determine how my background measured up against the job requirements. Most of the screening was straightforward, but I was surprised at how persistent the screener was in trying to determine my expected salary range. After screening, I was scheduled for an interview with three Senior Associates and one Principal. I found the instructions they sent prior to the interview to be helpful in preparing, especially since they sent me the names of the interviewers, which allowed me to research their backgrounds ahead of time. My interview started promptly on time and the only thing I was surprised by was that it was four separate interviews vice a panel interview. That worked out well, though, and made for a more relaxed experience. There was some overlap between questions, but each had a different area they wanted to explore. One focused on how I would fit in the Booz Allen culture, another focused on expectations of an associate, the third focused on my qualifications for the position, and the fourth focused on how I would perform in the particular job and how I would fit in the supported organization. Overall, a smooth, pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• The only question that caught me slightly off guard was "What do you think is the most important thing you will need to succeed at Booz Allen?" I thought the interviewer was looking for what particular trait or skill I would bring to the company, but instead it was a Booz Allen cultural question.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Our interview process evaluates your skills, thinking, and experience. You’ll meet with several employees from different teams who will give a cross-section view of Booz Allen and look for quantifiable examples of functional expertise, consulting skills, teamwork, and leadership.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

the interview and hiring process is great and professional at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Best chance of getting an interview is through a connection, not the website. Try to meet with a current employee or recruiter if interested in working for them. Great interview, was told I would hear back in two weeks, heard back three months later.