Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Simple interview only few questions and most of it was like a discussion. Coming from military with lot of clearances it was a cake walk. They seemed to be prejudicial with their as they seem to make a decision to select candidates before the interview begins.

Interview Questions

Very disappointed after a recruiter has informed me that they were paying 17k more for people in lower positions with no experience if they have other job offers during negotiations. Make sure to be aware of your value or just say you have an other offer on the table.
    It made me feel sorry as the recruiting team consists of back stabbers and an attitude of low balling candidates.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

It started with a call from the recruiter who found my resume in her database and briefly discussed my interests and my desire to work at the company. I was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. I went to the office and started the interview with multiple candidates where we were told about the company and the type of opportunities available. Then we broke out and individually met with 3 interviewers. The interviewers each asked personality/behavioral type questions. There was no case study. After the interview I was offered a job 3 days later and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

I had 2 technical interviews and one team fit for a junior position over the phone. Technical interview questions were basic computer networking/telephony questions and the team fit interview was more of a conversation. Still going through the rest of the hiring process but you are assigned an onboarding specialist and a sponsor once you start working. They originally wanted me to do a second in-person interview but decided they were comfortable making an offer and did not want to delay the process for me because I was unemployed. I received the offer letter a week later. Recruiters were very responsive to my questions.

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

The interview was a great experience. I had a phone interview two weeks after I applied online. I then set up a face to face interview which started with a conference call, followed by a senior consultant, and then engineers. The consultant was very helpful and a pleasure to talk with, for a moment I forgot it was even an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life where you were in charge of a project that was a complete failure?   Answer Question
    • Name three of your strengths and weakness that others that know about you would say.   Answer Question

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

The interview process is a super day. You do three back-to-back interviews that are 1:1 style. Most questions are about your resume but there are some situational/case-type questions thrown in there.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about the experiences on my resume, particularly the technical ones.   Answer Question
    n/a

Technology Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2012.

Round robin, 3-4 experts in your field will questing you for 15 min. There isn't time for chitchatting. They will just drill you on your skills. Be able to explain yourself and your skills in a short amount of time. There will be about 30 other people interviewing all at the same time, it is slightly distracting. Afterwards you listen to important people say how great they are.

Senior Consultant Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2011.

Group interview session. A senior partner spoke then we went off to interview with individual project managers. I met with 2 different project managers who just wanted me to talk about my work experience. We then talked about the company and the benefits they offer.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

Good Cop bad cop to some extent. Met with manager who would be directly responsible for providing supervision in performing duties. Then two other members joined interview and conducted group questions. One interviewer was highly critical and the other was much more sensitive and understanding. After the group interview and discussion, met with Sr. Member at location who had final decision on hiring. He was cordial and fairly easy to communicate with. An offer was made by phone 3 hours following interview, the call was from a representative that is responsible for assisting in recruiting and finding candidates to fill positions (internal recruiter). She advised me they wanted to send me to Washington D.C. for standard employee training week. I told her I wouldn't be able to on such short notice and was moved to following week. Hotel and travel was amazing, company puts you in a hotel that is top class and extremely comfortable. Employee orientation week wasn't bad at all, positive experience, and easy to form good relationships with other members (vast diversity and variation in professional level in members who attended).

Interview Questions
    • Who well I was able to work with fellow members in office and communicate accounting and financial details to service clients.   View Answer
    I accepted offer immediately and accepted offer over phone

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2011.

Short and sweet due to the college interview process, questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward. There was an essay writing exam in which you had to draft a memo in an hour based on information they provided, which occurred on top of the interview process. Interview was 1:1 over two days, three different interviews. Visited Booz Allen as part of the interview process as well.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior Questions were asked, such as a difficult challenge that you faced, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview was with multiple teams. Nothing over technical. Project managers just wanted to see if you were a fit for company culture. The technical interview was basic network security.