Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview was on an outside plaza. There was one partner and another project manager. The partner was there to play good cop and the project manager was there to play bad cop. I only had 1 45-minute interview and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you worked professionally in a team and how did you contribute?   Answer Question

Level III Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2015.

Interview

I had to go through the interview process twice the first team already had enough interns so I interviewed for another team.I had two thirty minute interviews. But before this I had an interview with a recruiter.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Took me through multiple rounds of interviews. No real structure to interviews. Seemed more like a "getting to know you" session while they tried to figure out where I would best fit. Everyone I talked to was nice and professional. The recruiter left a lot to be desired and a very sour taste. After the last interview, the recruiter told me to expect a verbal offer within the week. After that, he went radio silent for a month. Had to follow up with a friend in another area of the company to get any kind of information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you got into data science.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a writing test and then an onsite interview in McLean round-robin style - Interviewed with 3 different people for thirty minutes each. Very organized and well done, overall pleasant experience Questions were mostly behavioral - Tell me about a time when... Not difficult if you're prepared. Everyone was very nice. Afterwards, there was a mixer with food and drinks for the interviewers and interviewees to chat more informally

Technology Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter briefly in order to find the best fit department for me. After that we scheduled a technical interview where i met with 4x different department heads(one at a time)... After that, we discussed my salary requirements, and chatted for a bit. I recieved an offer less than a week later

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The process took 8.5 months. Met at a job fair in mid-January. Followed up monthly with the hiring manager. Was told there was a job for me in May, again in July, again in August but each time there was another hiccup. Interviewed with three different people. Finally something materialized in September and I began in October.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to balance multiple competing priorities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiation back and forth.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very chill and relaxed. My resume was found online after applying through Booz Allen Hamilton's career portal. Then a consultant found my resume and did a phone conversation with me. We talked about my past experiences, why I was interested in BAH and consulting, why I attended my undergrad and grad schools, then he asked if I had some questions about my role or BAH. No curveballs, very relaxed. Then I got invited to McLean to interview face-to-face with the guys there, then talked about more of the same things plus some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about resume/experience, Why you chose to do attend undergrad or grad school, why BAH, why consulting, no curve balls at all   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2015.

Interview

The pre-screening interview over the phone with my recruiter was probably the hardest part. About 3 weeks later, I had an in-person interview which included 3 separate face-to-face interviews. Each of those largely wanted to know what questions I might have about the group/company, while one of them asked a case question. The case question wasn't difficult to work through and my interviewers worked with me on the case so it felt like teamwork from the start. I was contacted 2 business days later by phone that they wanted to extend an offer to me. I received the formal offer via email the following day.

Lead Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Invited to a Booz Allen job fair. Sat down with several tables, each had a project lead and technical lead. Technical leads would go first and do a stump the chump bit then the project lead would ask management questions. Pretty standard. Each project varied greatly in the range of questions. They gave me a written offer before I left the room.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard about networking protocols and things I have done in the past. What is your level of Python experience? How much Linux have you used? What was the biggest hurdle you overcame in your virtual environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Awkward, mostly my thought I think. They gave me an offer, I talked to friends and looked on GlassDoor but there wasn't much out there. I countered 5 % higher and benefits. Got nothing, took the deal anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online for recent graduates in technology consulting. They contacted me afterwards to ask that I interview and fill out further information for review to confirm that I would be eligible for clearance. I was then called in to HQ for an interview. There were many other students there. We were debriefed as a group and introduced ourselves to each other. Then each student took a small conference room and met with different senior consultants dependent on which team was looking to hire you. I feel like they really got to know me and made sure I was aware of what the company actually does and how it operates.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my education, projects worked on, and what I was interested in.   Answer Question