Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later about availability to attend a recent graduate recruitment event with the Strategic Innovation Group. The recruitment event was round-robin style in which I interviewed with 3 teams that were interested and had openings. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and met with 2-4 people employees. I appreciated that the interviewers were prepared and asked relevant questions. Everyone with whom I interacted, employees and other interviewees alike, had a great attitude and dynamic personalities.

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

The interview was a great experience. I had a phone interview two weeks after I applied online. I then set up a face to face interview which started with a conference call, followed by a senior consultant, and then engineers. The consultant was very helpful and a pleasure to talk with, for a moment I forgot it was even an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life where you were in charge of a project that was a complete failure?   Answer Question
    • Name three of your strengths and weakness that others that know about you would say.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

I had 2 technical interviews and one team fit for a junior position over the phone. Technical interview questions were basic computer networking/telephony questions and the team fit interview was more of a conversation. Still going through the rest of the hiring process but you are assigned an onboarding specialist and a sponsor once you start working. They originally wanted me to do a second in-person interview but decided they were comfortable making an offer and did not want to delay the process for me because I was unemployed. I received the offer letter a week later. Recruiters were very responsive to my questions.

Records Management Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interviewed with two team members. First member was more on the technical side of the program. He asked more in-depth questions on knowledge of the program. Second member was more on finding out if I was the right fit for the position. Will I be able to strategically apply my knowledge to accomplish the mission with little to no supervision. I wasn't prepared for the scope of responsibilites because the position I applied for was a mid-level position and this was an interview on the senior-level.

Interview Questions
    • Have you written policies and directives?   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I first made contact through an employee working in BAH and when the position opened up I applied using an employee reference. I believe that going through an employee reference is ones greatest chance of getting to the interview process. I answered some preliminary questions regarding my background through a phone interview with their HR. Then a week later was scheduled for an in person interview. It was quite relaxed, behavioral type of questions were asked. Make sure to study about the company and incorporate it into your answers.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a conflict you have faced in the office, how you handeled it and what were the results.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The interview was quick they already knew they wanted to hire me as I walked in. it was more of a formal meet and great rather than a normal interview. It was non chalante, I would recommend you to go ready for questions however because they seem like they will ask

Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Received a call to attend a hiring event after networking with a previous BAH associate. The interview event consisted of 50-some of us being interviewed by 10+ groups of people "speed interviewing" (15-30 minutes tops per session). It seemed that the people who came to interview you already received your resume long beforehand and decided they wanted to meet you and learn more about you; everyone I met seemed to already know my background without really looking at my resume.

I've been to two of these events. They say they make decisions "that night" but I got offers from both events and each time it took a few days to come through. Just gotta be patient and follow up with them every so often.

Interview Questions
    • There were no tricky interview questions, but they did ask me some very heavy technical questions that were a bit above my knowledge level. I think this was intentional because they wanted to gauge where the ceiling was.   Answer Question
    I had an offer from another firm that was significantly higher, but I really wanted to work for BAH instead. I relayed this to my recruiter who went to bat for me and came very close to the competing offer, which I accepted.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2015.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. The phone screen was pretty quick, all the questions were basically things she could have gotten from my online application. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person at the Crystal City office. There were about 5 other candidates interviewing for the same position when I got there. Interview was with 3 separate people from the team. Most of the questions focused on why I wanted to work for Booz Allen and some behavioral questions. Interviewers were not very relaxed and it was not really a great experience. I wasn't interested in working for them anymore and accepted another offer.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2015.

I met with hiring manager via Skype and then met with next three levels of management in person. They asked challenging questions and wanted to know more about my background and level of technical experience. I was not able to obtain much of any information from the BAH team about the position itself because the project is gov't-related and classified.

Interview Questions
    • Short open ended questions or situational questions, such as what would you do if you were in charge of a blotched project, etc. And ...how would go about loading code to the web? Tell me when things went really bad and what you did about it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied to several positions on line and had a family member who worked there contact recruiters with a simple follow-up email. The family member did not support the same industry, so there was no "in" in that sense.

I came in and went through 5 or so 1:1 interviews in a row, including an additional one with HR which was all information sharing from their end. I was right out of college, so the 1:1 interviews were basic behavioral questions, asking why I was interested in the health industry, asking for examples of client service experience, etc. Very standard.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the original offer, but you can and should always negotiate