Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.7

Lead Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The hiring process at BAH is very organized and gives any candidate all the details they need. The interviews are done by at least two people, but they ask standard questions for anyone who is prepared.

Associate Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There were none.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Was referred-in by current employee with the company, who also gave me the hiring manager's name. I sent my cover letter-resume to the hiring manager directly. A couple weeks later, I was contacted by an external recruiter who did a very cursory 15 minute phone interview. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a junior team member and we did two case exercises over the phone. I was then invited to final round where I interviewed with 6 team members, each of varying levels of seniority and each conducting a case exercise.

In general the case exercises were not particularly difficult and there were no typical brain-teaser questions.

I heard back over two weeks later that I hadn't been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. One slightly challenging case.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

The hiring process was a smooth one. My initial phone screen was with the recruiter. She conformed my face-to-face at the end. The following week I went in for my interview. The interview was in a conference room and resembled speed dating. I remained seated and the managers moved from table to table. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Why Booz Allen Hamilton and not Deloitte, Accenture, or a McKinsey?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy. I didn't ask for much so I got what I requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

It was very quick and efficient. Almost too much so. One phone screen followed by an HR session that described the process. Then 40 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager. Soon after, I was brought into the office for a couple of sessions with peers. Less than a week from 1st contact to offer. The security screen was a big pain however.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handle working for the government?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

I applied directly to the company and was contacted for an initial screening interview in less than a week. From that, I was asked back for an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain a situation in which I failed at getting the result from a situation that I was spearheading at work.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

I got an on campus interview the day after the career fair at my school. I had two interviews with different groups at the DC office. After the interviews, I was given a verbal offer and they said they would fly me down to check out both groups before extended a formal, written offer. Everyone I spoke to was nice and intelligent. I was very surprised to be given an offer so quickly.

Interview Questions
    • I had one normal case (a business decision that required asking more questions for information and a lot fo mental math), then I had a case with no math where they simply asked me what my general approach to the problem would be. I liked this because there was little pressure to arrive at a 'right answer' in the second case - they just wanted to see how I think about problems.

I was given a choice of a coding interview question or a brainteaser, and I chose the brainteaser. It was pretty straightforward.
        Answer Question
    I haven't actually accepted the offer yet because I am still interviewing with other companies, but there is a good chance I will take it.

Engineering Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied for a job online, was contacted by HR a few weeks later. HR gave me an initial screening to gauge my fit for and interest in the position. I was told I my application would be forwarded to the hiring managers. A few weeks later, I heard from another HR representative to set up a phone interview.

Phone interview was a panel phone interview. Standard personality/behavioral, and prior experience questions. Was told that I would hear back in the next few days and after two months called my initial HR representative to check the status in which I was told that I was still being considered but they were not in a place to hire yet.

Interview Questions

I had already interviewed for and accepted another position by the time I heard back from them.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview process began with a pre Screen telephone interview with the HR Recruiter. This was Followed by an on-site interview with two managers from the team. Followed by a final on-site interview with the Director/Partner.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate a higher offer.