Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Senior Consultant (132)
- Consultant (128)
- Associate (121)
- Intern (24)
- Senior Associate (18)
- Analyst (14)
- Intelligence Analyst (13)
- Software Engineer (13)
- Engineering (12)
- Lead Associate (11)
- Senior Consultant Level II (10)
- Project Manager (9)
- Associate Consultant (8)
- Administrative Professional (8)
- Business Analyst (8)
- Systems Engineer (7)
- Financial Analyst (7)
- Consultant I (7)
- IT Consultant (6)
- Software Developer (5)
- Data Scientist (5)
- Management Consulting Associate (5)
- Management Consulting Senior Consultant (5)
- Summer (4)
- Associate III (4)
- Information Security Engineer (3)
- Instructional Designer (3)
- Intern - Hourly (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Lead Technologist (3)
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.
The interview process was casual and in a casual setting. We met and sat in a corner of a lobby removed from traffic. I had to remind myself to stay in an attentive posture, as the interview felt very much like a casual conversation versus a stump the chump with stupid favorite color style questions.
- What interests you about the position. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.
2 Part Interview. One was for technical background which they gauge what skill level your on. The other was kind of a personality type. To see how you interact with other people while at the same time testing your problem solving and analytical thinking.
- What is DNS and how is it used for? What is the difference between TCP/IP Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.
I reached out a number of times to a contact I had made. It took a long time to get my resume submitted and a few months to hear back. Once I heard back, a group interview was scheduled and I they made an offer within a few days. The interview questions focused on understanding my background and interest in working in the firm.
- They asked about my previous work experiences Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Very chill and relaxed. My resume was found online after applying through Booz Allen Hamilton's career portal. Then a consultant found my resume and did a phone conversation with me. We talked about my past experiences, why I was interested in BAH and consulting, why I attended my undergrad and grad schools, then he asked if I had some questions about my role or BAH. No curveballs, very relaxed. Then I got invited to McLean to interview face-to-face with the guys there, then talked about more of the same things plus some behavioral questions.
- Questions about resume/experience, Why you chose to do attend undergrad or grad school, why BAH, why consulting, no curve balls at all Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).
Phone interview with HR, followed by a writing test and then an onsite interview in McLean round-robin style - Interviewed with 3 different people for thirty minutes each. Very organized and well done, overall pleasant experience Questions were mostly behavioral - Tell me about a time when... Not difficult if you're prepared. Everyone was very nice. Afterwards, there was a mixer with food and drinks for the interviewers and interviewees to chat more informally
- Why do you want to work here? Answer Question
Helpful (3)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).
Started with an employee referral. Had a phone screen with a recruiter 10 days later. 2 weeks after that I interviewed by 3 people, one at a time. Each asked behavioral questions. Lots of delving into specific situations mentioned in the resume.
- Have you ever worked on a team? Answer Question
No negotiation on initial salary
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.
Conducted over the phone. Had an initial HR screening by two HR managers. Required both application and resumes plus cover letter. Lasted for several hours. Was interviewed by four different managers.
- Past experiences. Situations. Skills with certain technology. Exposure to new technology. Management skills. 1 Answer
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).
Initially contact by a BAH recruiter. Brief phone call with the recruiter first, then a few days later received a call-back asking to go in for an in-person interview. Day-of interview: about 15 or us were taken up the building all at once and sat in a room. After a brief intro to what it is like to work at BAH, each of us were taken into individual private rooms where the interviewer/managers will come and talk to us. I met with 2 interviewers, talked for about 30 mins each. First interviewer asked mostly behavioural questions. Second interviewer did the technical part (making sure I have the technical know-how.) The group promise to get back to everyone within 48 hours regardless of decision. I heard from the recruiter the following day.
- Can you talk about a time you lead a team and how that was like? Answer Question
Helpful (5)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA).
Initial phone screen interview with HR a few days after applying online. Scheduled an in person interview for the following week. 3 consecutive interviews from 3 people initially scheduled on-site, stopped after 2 people completed their interviews that ended up going long by roughly 50% each. HR contact and offer afterwards came from out-of-state.
- How would you approach a situation where you know with 100% certainty that your solution to a problem is correct, however your client refuses to accept the solution? Answer Question
- Can you describe to me what consulting truly is? Answer Question
- How do you feel about working with people that absolutely do not want you to be there under any circumstances? How would you turn the situation into a positive? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2015.
The pre-screening interview over the phone with my recruiter was probably the hardest part. About 3 weeks later, I had an in-person interview which included 3 separate face-to-face interviews. Each of those largely wanted to know what questions I might have about the group/company, while one of them asked a case question. The case question wasn't difficult to work through and my interviewers worked with me on the case so it felt like teamwork from the start. I was contacted 2 business days later by phone that they wanted to extend an offer to me. I received the formal offer via email the following day.
- What type of work setting motivates you? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review