Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

Engineering Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Applied for a job online, was contacted by HR a few weeks later. HR gave me an initial screening to gauge my fit for and interest in the position. I was told I my application would be forwarded to the hiring managers. A few weeks later, I heard from another HR representative to set up a phone interview.

Phone interview was a panel phone interview. Standard personality/behavioral, and prior experience questions. Was told that I would hear back in the next few days and after two months called my initial HR representative to check the status in which I was told that I was still being considered but they were not in a place to hire yet.

Interview Questions

I had already interviewed for and accepted another position by the time I heard back from them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, sold me on the company and the job itself. Seemed cool at first. Set up an interview to come to their L.A. location (actually El Segundo). Three interviews with three different employees (manager, jr. software guy, sr. software guy)... the only interview that I felt was relevant to this position was the Sr. SW person's. He asked to solve certain common problems using algorithms, on the whiteboard. The other 2 interviews were a COMPLETE waste of time.

They were asking ridiculous Google-type questions (How many golf balls, etc... if you have 2 pieces of rope and blah blah blah). How is that even relevant to a software engineering position? They've already done studies that show these types of "Google questions" are COMPLETELY irrelevant to finding a good candidate for these positions, and Google supposedly doesn't even ask them anymore.

The entire interview and drive were a waste of my time. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How many tennis balls can you fit in a 747? Who cares?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

I was told about the job through a friend. He submitted my resume to the hiring manager. I received an email with instruction on how to apply online. I received another email setting up an interview time. It was a phone interview and the questions all pertained to my experience and knowledge of the subject matter I would be working on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my knowledge of a particular electronic system I had never used before, andI was honest in my response.   Answer Question
    It was a fairly straight forward negotiation. I believe it was relatively easy to explain my salary expectations and I believe I was given a fair salary.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview process began with a pre Screen telephone interview with the HR Recruiter. This was Followed by an on-site interview with two managers from the team. Followed by a final on-site interview with the Director/Partner.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate a higher offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn who put me in touch with other recruiters. Was contacted to set up a phone interview and after that, was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Was contact a week later with an offer.

The firm is restructuring so being proactive and reaching out to your interview contact is key.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was surprisingly relaxed and not difficult. No case questions. Being able to accurately and concisely articulate experience is key.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary. I had just received a raise from my former employer and I countered with Booz and they increased my offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contacted for a phone interview a few days after sending a BAH recruiter my resume. Phone interview was conversational and lasted ~20 minutes. Offer letter came 2 days later as I told them I had another offer on the table.

Interview Questions
    Salary and benefits were above average. No negotiation

Mission Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2014.

The interview was a panel interview with 6 members of the team. All members were very nice and made me feel comfortable. All the questions that they asked were straight forward so I did not feel that they were trying to catch me up in any way. All the questions I had prepared to ask were all answered before I had the chance to ask them.

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

Emailed resume to Booz Allen Hamilton after talking with friends who worked for them. Came to their location and interviewed with multiple people in the same building. Most of the interview process was trying to understand my skill set, strengths, and possible weaknesses. When I explained I had cross-domain experience they were interested in hiring me. They hired me even without a known position to fill.

Lead Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The hiring process is long and tedious. You will likely interview with 3 or 4 people and there will be a background check. They might bring you in several times to interview with different levels of people.

Software Developer Interview

I was referred to the position from an Employee Referral. I was contacted by a Booz Allen recruiter about 3 weeks after applying for the position.

I was unable to have an in person interview due to logistics. It took place over the phone.

After reading several interview responses here on glassdoor for Booz Allen, I got the impression that there was little technical questions. This was not my case. Two of the five interviews grilled me pretty thoroughly so be prepared to answer questions about technologies you have listed as skills.

The interviewers were all very easy going and the process was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked by each interviewer the difference abstract classes and interfaces.   Answer Question