Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Level III Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2015.

Interview

I had to go through the interview process twice the first team already had enough interns so I interviewed for another team.I had two thirty minute interviews. But before this I had an interview with a recruiter.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2015.

Interview

An employee forwarded my resume to some people and I received a call the following day from a recruiter who basically asked me questions related to my interests. Within a week, I had a phone interview with the manager from the team I'd be working on. After the phone call, they started working on extending me an offer.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Norfolk, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

There are two phases of the interview process: the screening and the actual interview. The screening tests the applicant determining whether he/she is suitable for the company. If the applicant passes the screening, the recruiter will start the actual interview.

Lead Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Invited to a Booz Allen job fair. Sat down with several tables, each had a project lead and technical lead. Technical leads would go first and do a stump the chump bit then the project lead would ask management questions. Pretty standard. Each project varied greatly in the range of questions. They gave me a written offer before I left the room.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard about networking protocols and things I have done in the past. What is your level of Python experience? How much Linux have you used? What was the biggest hurdle you overcame in your virtual environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Awkward, mostly my thought I think. They gave me an offer, I talked to friends and looked on GlassDoor but there wasn't much out there. I countered 5 % higher and benefits. Got nothing, took the deal anyway.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied online and very quickly got a phone interview. I had two phone interviews and then got invited to interview with the team. I flew myself out to DC so that I could interview in person and I interviewed with four members of the team I would be joining. There was a bit of confusion following the interview on hiring and which team I would join but in the end I ended up getting the original job I applied for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Very casual meet and greet. Talked about technology and what I did in school and asked a few basic technical questions. Conversation quickly turned to the interviewer telling me about all the opportunities at Booz Allen Hamilton and why I should join them. No whiteboard problems at all.

Senior FIN Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was pretty swift. Phone screen then with hiring two managers then came an offer. It was at a time when they were expanding their Finance group and were chosoing the right people.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with a senior manager. A week later, the phone screen was followed by a phone interview with the senior manager from the phone screen and another senior manager. This interview was followed by another interview with the recruiter the same day. Fairly simple process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the systems engineering lifecycle. Describe systems engineering processes.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Mine was short. It started with an email from one of the recruiters. He asked me to respond back quickly with a few short questions. Probably a few days later, I received a call in the middle of my lunch break from the person I had emailed. It wasn't such a bad experience, just would have been nice if they would've scheduled a time with you rather than call out of the blue for a phone interview. I was caught off guard but answered questions to the best of my ability. He then informed me that a Hiring Manager would follow up with me the next week for a second interview. Never happened. Emailed the recruiter twice to follow up after the week had passed, but never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a current clearance? Do you have any experience with the AOR? Why do you want to work for BAH?   Answer Question

Administrative Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was an employee referral so there wasn't an actual position they were trying to fill. The interview was mostly about finding a good fit for me in the organization.