Booz Allen Hamilton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Interview Details – Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Interview Question – What consulting skills would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screen, one on one and group interview. They are a very young group and it seemed a little like indoctrination. had to wait for weeks to get my clearance verified

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were better than the alternatives

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I met with about 4 people, 2 of which were over the phone. Everyone was extremely nice, interested in my capabilities as well as who I was and how I would fit in. I was then called by not only member of team they thought would be a great fit, but the supervisor of the team and his supervisor. They were always willing to answer my questions and when they were unsure, they took the time to figure it out and get back to me. All around a great interview experience.

Interview Question – How would you design a system designed to process unstructured data?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation was not up to par with what I was looking for.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Project Manager Interview

Associate Project Manager
Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2011.

Interview Details – All communications with BAH and the client were clear and professional. I had four interviews with both client and company representatives. All questions regarding my abilities and mind-set were answered fully. Upon being offered a salary there was an assurance from both me and BAH that the offer was adequate and acceptable. The overall hiring and training processes were very well integrated and went very smoothly as well.

Interview Question – In my field of Joint Forces Exercise Integration I have the unique situation of having been the originator of the process called the mission essential task list. I first designed and implemented it in 1975 and it grew into a complete Joint concept for all levels of war. Basically, I did not have any questions that I could not answer in this area, if anything I was able to more fully inform the interviewers of possible misconceptions they might have had, or reinforce some of the notions they might already have thought about. My goal is to impart the right information all of the time regardless of my audience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was very simple and direct because we both knew and understood the basic values of what the client needed and the added value I would bring to the overall need of the client effort.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Intelligence Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume to a colleague, the recruiting team made a contact via email and arranged phone interview. After the phone interview, a technical interview was scheduled. The technical interview included introduction of the job opening and a brief overview of contract applied. Series of knowledge based questions followed. Overall, the interview was conducted in formal and professional manner. Interviewers kept the questions and comments simple and clear.

Interview Question – The details of technical questions were overall unexpected, however, not too terrible.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Tell us about your previous experiences. Why should we hire you? It was a ridiculously easy interview where the hiring managers were just speeding to get back to their day jobs and check the box.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter gave me exactly the number I asked for, so no negotiation was necessary.

SharePoint Administrative/Developer Interview

SharePoint Administrative/Developer
Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details – Overall, the interview was very thorough and nothing was left off the table. They were very up-front with me about all my questions. I came with many questions about the position. Since I was so prepared for the interview, I probably asked more questions than they did. There were 4 interviewers including the PM and 3 Experts from different sections.

Interview Question – I reviewed the job description quite thoroughly before the interview and researched topics that I wasn't familiar with so when they asked me at the interview, I could be prepared to at least know what the term was and respond with my level of experience that was closely enough related to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had a number in mind that I was non-negotiable about. I've been in this industry for a while so I know what the market value is for a SharePoint admin/developer. I did thorough research on the market and received about 15 different salary quotes from various recruiters before accepting this offer. They initially offered me 5k below what I was expecting but they didn't blink when I asked to have 5k more.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Question – Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join BAH?   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Communications Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the firm through a career prep program I did while completing my undergraduate degree. After passing through a general resume drop, I was interviewed by a senior VP for the department that I would be entering (communications).

This was the oddest interview I've ever had as the entire time I asked all of the questions. He glanced at my resume and asked, "Well, what would you like to know?" and I spent the next 40 minutes asking everything from current projects the firm is completing, how he has liked/disliked his time at BAH, and honestly anything else under the sun I could ask.

If I remember correctly, the only question he asked was how I liked my time when I studied abroad and I learned from the experience. Truly a different approach to most interviews I've been on, but the company truly values the people and what they can bring to the table so it makes sense in hindsight!

A few weeks later I was given a mock test to see how I would handle various scenarios that arose in different government agencies.

Interview Question – How did you like your time in Sydney (Australia), and what did you learn/how did you grow from the experience?   Answer Question