Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions & Reviews

613 interviews

2.7

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the company before I submitted my application. If you're not referred I wouldn't even bother submitting an application. First round I had a ten minute phone screening with my recruiter. It was very simple. "Why Booz Allen, Tell me about your job" things like that. Afterwards we set up an interview date. The interview was 90 minutes long and consisted of three people at 30 minute slots. Everything was back to back to back so there was no time to rest. The first interview consisted of informational questions and a few behavioral questions. The next two were strictly behavorial questions. Booz Allen stresses that you answer these type of questions using the STAR (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) approach. If you don't know what behavorial questions are then you need to find out! Overall the interviewers seemed to care more about fit than anything else so make sure you fit in to Booz Allen's firm culture if you want the job. I was given an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person when you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Applied for the position through their website, was contacted through HR about a week later and we set up an interview for the following week. Went in for a panel interview where we discussed my resume and relevant experience, as well as some behavioral type questions which were easy to answer. After the interview I then toured the facilities and got a look at what it would be like to work there. Overall easy interview but despite that there were more qualified candidates so I was not extended an offer.

Junior Intelligence Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interviewed at McLean Virginia campus. Scheduled one hour interview with two Senior Associates (30 min. each) followed up by a recruiter explaining benefits etc. Interviews took place with a group of individuals eventually separated into individual rooms where interviews were conducted. Overall, very casual interview.

Associate Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Get spammed for potential work (not funded) by HR contractors. Sit through an interview given empty promises. Sit at the Herndon office for two days of Indoctrination, the pinnacle of which was an ethics board game.

Interview Questions
    We're gonna pay you less than what you were making but were gonna throw in a 10K sign-on bonus, mkay

Financial Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the firm by an alumni from one of my previous universities. I am a recent college grad and was extremely lucky with this opportunity, seeing I know my hiring process was far from traditional. A few days after my contact forwarded my resume, I was called for an in person interview. No phone interview whatsoever, the call was just to schedule a time to meet at the McLean office.

I met with only one individual who went over many different aspects of the company and also what I could potentially expect on the job. This was unlike any interview I have ever had. We did not discuss my background very much or my skill sets. It was simply to explain the position to me and answer any questions that I had.

I was called by my recruiter for an offer about 15 minutes after the interview and I gratefully accepted. Again, my hiring process was very different as I was told that Booz Allen may see as many as a few thousand applicants per job and around a half million job applicants per year. A key to employment with Booz Allen is an internal referral. They pride themselves on having 55% of new hires be from referrals. They are the premier government consulting firm and as one can assume, they continue to look for people that are very similar to themselves.

Interview Questions
    easy negotiation seeing as I am fresh out of college, got what I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contractual through a Temporary Service - Because the Team had already seen some of my work in other parts of the International Consulting Firm, one of the qualities the Project called for was great organization,team work and business transformation skills. So the head of the team just went to the onsite Temporary Agency, I was called in for an interview, met the Team Members, received an explanation of the Project which was a big overhaul of the Company Electronic Time Reporting System, and was given a Starting Date. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting Projects I've ever worked on and I admired the numerous like companies with in a Corporate Stuscture and the Consulting Phiosophy of the Corporations as well, The onsite temporary service and the consulting firm was started by people who take the time and know how to match up talent and skills, this process automatically achieves monetary growth but also preserves product quality,brand and the design/devlopment process.

Interview Questions
    • Familiarity with financial system development (not per verdom)   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Phone interview then 4 hr interview. Had 4 people interview me in the group I was being considered for. The last one was with the Principal of the team. Interview with each person was 30 minutes. I was called and given an offer within 2 days- then followed by an offer letter

Able to negotiate

Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2010.

Went the through the hiring process on two separate occasions: once in 2004 when I ended up receiving a job offer and accepting that job offer; a second time back in 2010 ( after I had left the company several years before for another opportunity). In 2010 I did not receive an offer, partly because I think the position/project didn't align with my experience.

Both times the process was similar: interviewed on the same day with three different team members. Each interview lasted about 20-30 min. It was obvious that each interviewee was assigned a different task, in terms of vetting me as a candidate. One interview was tailored toward personality, what I enjoyed outside of work - more conversational. Another interview asked specific questions, in regards to previous work experience and situations I had encountered (for example, a time I encountered a stalled project ... ). In both cases, the third and final interview seemed to be aimed at finding out how passionate I was about the subject at hand, the position, etc...

In 2010, I did receive a scheduled writing test that I had one hour to complete from my computer at home.

Overall, not a bad experience, and everyone I encountered in the interview process was professional and courteous.

Interview Questions
    • It was about project experience: name a time that the scope of the project completely changed and how you handled it (one question that comes to mind - admittedly, I don't remember the rest of those questions ... for some reason I kind of froze up on those questions – I do remember that ... )   Answer Question

Web Developer/UI Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

I applied online, got a phone call from one of the recruiters to schedule for an interview. The whole interview took one hour with three different interviewers. They mainly ask about my web design process and how I would approach things. They also asked me some problem solving questions and to see how I would tackle the problem.

Strategic Communication Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I posted my resume on Booz Allen's website and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview for the next day, which was a Thursday, and then set up an in person interview for Monday. Received a verbal job offer the day after the interview. The whole process was quick and simple, and they made sure to talk about benefit package.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you created and implemented a strategic communication plan.   Answer Question

Salary was a bit low for the offer, but they seemed willing to negotiate. Ultimately, my husband and I decided we weren't going to stay in our current location so I choose to decline.