Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.7

Deputy Technical Project Manager(Lead Technologist) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I completed three interviews that day for three different positions. I was only told I was interviewing for one position; I think they were trying to understand what my skill-sets were and how best to apply it to the organization. After the initial interview, I completed a second one, and the decision was made to hire me. However, I was called to complete another over the phone with the the manager I was going to work with.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked in a project management capacity and how my role impacted shift workers.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

There were two interviews, both were individual and the other candidates weren't there for the same job. The first was on the phone, they had a phone in the room they placed me in. After the phone call someone came in to interview me in person. All the questions were based on my resume and experiences. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had trouble working with another individual and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was out of country during the interview process however the company was extremely accommodating to the circumstances and was still able to conduct a professional interview via email. If this is how they value their potential employees, I would love to work with them everyday as this shows me they are reasonable and care about their people.

Interview Questions

• What do I think is my most valuable skill?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later about availability to attend a recent graduate recruitment event with the Strategic Innovation Group. The recruitment event was round-robin style in which I interviewed with 3 teams that were interested and had openings. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and met with 2-4 people employees. I appreciated that the interviewers were prepared and asked relevant questions. Everyone with whom I interacted, employees and other interviewees alike, had a great attitude and dynamic personalities.

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a great experience. I had a phone interview two weeks after I applied online. I then set up a face to face interview which started with a conference call, followed by a senior consultant, and then engineers. The consultant was very helpful and a pleasure to talk with, for a moment I forgot it was even an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life where you were in charge of a project that was a complete failure?   Answer Question
    • Name three of your strengths and weakness that others that know about you would say.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

Interview

I had 2 technical interviews and one team fit for a junior position over the phone. Technical interview questions were basic computer networking/telephony questions and the team fit interview was more of a conversation. Still going through the rest of the hiring process but you are assigned an onboarding specialist and a sponsor once you start working. They originally wanted me to do a second in-person interview but decided they were comfortable making an offer and did not want to delay the process for me because I was unemployed. I received the offer letter a week later. Recruiters were very responsive to my questions.

Lead Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, disjointed, ambiguous and unclear at BAH in terms of their interview process. No job description, no explanation of day to day duties or who the hiring manager/boss would be.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my background. Nothing specific to the job. The DID NOT have a job description ready by the time I had my in-person interview which was very disappointing and left me very unprepared. The recruiter just gave me very high-level info on what the job entailed. Enough to peak my interested, but not nearly enough for me to prepare.

When I arrived on site for the interview, I had one name of a person to meet with, but I did not know thier title or position or if they were the hiring manager. When I asked "who does this position report to"? She looked at me like I was crazy. She said there really isn't a reporting structure, per se, but there is a person who writes your review. She didn't know who that person was. WOW!

Then I met with 2 other guys who asked questions. At the end of it all, I really had no idea what the position entailed. I never heard back from anyone... I can't help but think that if they had given me just a job description, I could have formulated my answers much better and been prepared. I guess that's government contracting for you....

Answer Question

Information Systems Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (El Segundo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager in another state via email, who then asked simple questions, like when I would be available to start working and what kind of salary I was thinking about. I then received another email with additional questions about my security clearance, since the job required one. I then got a phone call from a security manager verifying my security clearance level. After that I received another email scheduling an appointment for an over the phone interview. I interviewed over a conference call with four managers. I was okay at first, when they asked personality questions, but then they started asking very technical questions and although I know how I should have answered the questions, I got nervous cause I wan't prepared and didn't answer to the best of my knowledge. I was pretty intimidated. I wish I could have a "do over".

Interview Questions

• How to re-image a computer?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a lead associate. Pretty simple questions such as 1) do you know what BAH does? 2) what are your goals, etc... This was followed by two rounds of technical interviews with subject matter experts. Great experience.

Records Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Interviewed with two team members. First member was more on the technical side of the program. He asked more in-depth questions on knowledge of the program. Second member was more on finding out if I was the right fit for the position. Will I be able to strategically apply my knowledge to accomplish the mission with little to no supervision. I wasn't prepared for the scope of responsibilites because the position I applied for was a mid-level position and this was an interview on the senior-level.

Interview Questions

• Have you written policies and directives?   1 Answer