Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

2.7

Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Be prepared for a Marathon interview of at least two hours where you will see several members of a team or a cross section of capability teams within the firm. If you do well, you may get an ofer within three to four days. If not, you may get asked back to try again.

Interview Questions
    • How would you secure the client's applications within a cloud environment?   View Answer
    At the time I joined I would have accepted any offer just to wear the Booz Allen lanyard. The hiring manager made a fair offer slightly above where I was with my other company.

SIG Interview

Interview asking about myself followed by a technical interview. I applied after meeting them at a job fair at my school. They reached back to me very quickly and interviewed me.

I was not able to negotiate it had a strict salary.

Consultant Interview

Had a prelim phone interview, basically behavioral. Be able to elaborate on your experiences and how they would apply to this job.

Then had three separate interviews at the DC office. Two were behavioral, one was case.

Interview Questions
    • It was about deciding whether or not to take a manufacturing company into another country. How would you decide whether or not it would be profitable and how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Very thorough and long interview process that lasted about two hours; interviewed with the entire team I'd be working with and for; good HR overview of benefits; interview gave me a good idea of the work I'd be doing and what the expectations were for the position I was being interviewed to fill.

Lead Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The hiring process at BAH is very organized and gives any candidate all the details they need. The interviews are done by at least two people, but they ask standard questions for anyone who is prepared.

Associate Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There were none.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Was referred-in by current employee with the company, who also gave me the hiring manager's name. I sent my cover letter-resume to the hiring manager directly. A couple weeks later, I was contacted by an external recruiter who did a very cursory 15 minute phone interview. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a junior team member and we did two case exercises over the phone. I was then invited to final round where I interviewed with 6 team members, each of varying levels of seniority and each conducting a case exercise.

In general the case exercises were not particularly difficult and there were no typical brain-teaser questions.

I heard back over two weeks later that I hadn't been offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly difficult questions. One slightly challenging case.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

The hiring process was a smooth one. My initial phone screen was with the recruiter. She conformed my face-to-face at the end. The following week I went in for my interview. The interview was in a conference room and resembled speed dating. I remained seated and the managers moved from table to table. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Why Booz Allen Hamilton and not Deloitte, Accenture, or a McKinsey?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy. I didn't ask for much so I got what I requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

It was very quick and efficient. Almost too much so. One phone screen followed by an HR session that described the process. Then 40 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager. Soon after, I was brought into the office for a couple of sessions with peers. Less than a week from 1st contact to offer. The security screen was a big pain however.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handle working for the government?   Answer Question