Booz Allen Hamilton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Question – Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   View Answer

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join BAH?   Answer Question

Communications Consultant Interview

Communications Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the firm through a career prep program I did while completing my undergraduate degree. After passing through a general resume drop, I was interviewed by a senior VP for the department that I would be entering (communications).

This was the oddest interview I've ever had as the entire time I asked all of the questions. He glanced at my resume and asked, "Well, what would you like to know?" and I spent the next 40 minutes asking everything from current projects the firm is completing, how he has liked/disliked his time at BAH, and honestly anything else under the sun I could ask.

If I remember correctly, the only question he asked was how I liked my time when I studied abroad and I learned from the experience. Truly a different approach to most interviews I've been on, but the company truly values the people and what they can bring to the table so it makes sense in hindsight!

A few weeks later I was given a mock test to see how I would handle various scenarios that arose in different government agencies.

Interview Question – How did you like your time in Sydney (Australia), and what did you learn/how did you grow from the experience?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interviewed for an Arlington consultant position and the entire process was very thorough. I had a phone interview with an recruiter that was just going over my resume. Then I filled out an application and had back to back phone interviews with different people in different departments. These two ask some harder questions like "why Booze Allen" or "what is your process if you wanted to pick out a new dishwasher for me, but there was no internet". Nothing too hard though. That was followed by an informal phone interview to see how i thought the interviews went and my availability for an in person interview. My in person interview was on an entirely different level though. I met with two people from my potential department. The first question was "walk me through the entire software lifecycle with detailed steps on how you would handle each step." After that fun little curveball, the other guy started hammering me. It started where I had to pretend he was the traffic controller and convince him to change the traffic light timings. I had to convince him that it is worth the cost, time, and risk to do. Finally, I had to consult him on a job board website and he played the worst client ever. I had to try to get requirements out of him while explaining the difference in things I had no clue about. He then ended this fun time with "why booze allen." I told him about how the company is 100 years old, based on a strict moral code, and always delivering award winning work. His response that left me frozen was "yeah, but Delloite has those things too, what makes booze allen different." At the end, He said that I am most likely getting an offer, so that helped me feel better.

Interview Question – What makes Booze Allen different from Delloite   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2013.

Interview Details – Much easier than expected. Although I was hired for a very specific project and the only questions I was asked centered around specific project experience. Luckily the project was exactly like my last project at my former company so I anticipated most of the questions.

Interview Question – Asking about some federal compliance experience I had over 10 years ago. It was tough to remember all the details.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The recruiter call and offered me a salary above what I was seeking so I accepted immediately.

Linthicum, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2012.

Interview Details – Typical back and forth with recruiting to set up an interview. Initial phone call was about 10 mins, then about 24hrs later had a round robin phone call with two people from one of the teams I could potentially be working with. Had an in-person interview about a week later with three different people, none of them were the same people I spoke with on the phone.

Interview Question – None, typical consultant questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was asked about salary requirements, offer came back much lower.

Cyber Security Interview

Cyber Security

I applied online and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I thought the interview went well. Met with two senior level personnel and was asked basic technical and behavioral type of questions. None of the questions were too difficult to answer. Discussed my past work experiences and what I do at my current job. Although I thought the interview went well, I did not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Tell us a difficult encounter at your current job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Level II Interview

Senior Consultant Level II
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was entirely too long. I interviewed previously for a contracts position. Several months later I was called about a completely different position. The interview process was deceitful in regards to expected day to day responsibilities and work environment. The interview consisted of several different groups of people asking basically the same questions. Standard behavioral and technical contracts questions were asked. However, in hind-sight the interviews seemed rushed, like they were too busy and needing to get back to their proposals. I should have noticed then that this was not a good sign. The schedule was scattered as I had finished and been escorted out of the building, only to be called 10minutes later on my way home to turn around and come back to speak to yet another level of management.

Interview Question – They did not ask many technical questions as they were too busy. They just wanted to make sure I was competent and able to explain my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as they offered the exact amount I had requested.

Finance Consultant Interview

Finance Consultant
Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was working on my MBA and Booz was recruiting at my school; a top 25 business school. They invited the students to apply for finance consultant positions. I sent my email/CV and after a week, I first had a phone interview. It was very general about my previous job experience and my background in finance at school. After that I had an in person which lasted for about an hour and I interviewed with 3 different people. Once again it was straight forward questions about my previous leadership; why I want to work at Booz; discuss a time where I had to make tough decision while being a manager at work.

Interview Question – One question that was asked which was somewhat unique was as follows: If I look at how long it takes me to get to school from my home; how could I decrease the time it took by 25%.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer which paid quite a bit more.

Office Management Specialist Interview

Office Management Specialist
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted a week prior to my interview for a phone screening. HR asked me questions about my experience and what my salary expectations were. The latter kind of threw me off because I wasn't sure what the range was so I settled on the average salary for my career field which I had researched.

The interview itself was fairly straight forward. I was brought into a conference room and a team member from each part of the office came in. It was kind of a tag team approach, as one finished they would go grab the next person. . I really liked that because they all had different perspectives and explained what their piece of the puzzle was that ultimately contributes to the client's needs.

Interview Question – I felt really over prepared for the experience because they didn't ask any behavioral questions or any typical interview questions really. The only question they did ask was why I wanted to work for the company.   Answer Question