Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2014.

Impressed! After a telephone screen, by a very polished BAH Sr. Recruiter, Invited to attend a speed dating like interview event where candidates could interview with different managers working on distinct projects. Lots of coordination required of the BAH folks, but everything went smoothly and according to plan. The managers I interviewed with were both down to earth, professional and new what they were talking about. For the first time in awhile, I walked away from an interview(s) with a very positive feeling for the company and all the BAH employees I encountered along the way.

Interview Questions
    • What did you find out about the company that you did not glean from researching the company or the brief orientation that you received prior to your interview today?   View Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2014.

The interview process with this company involved 3 separate interviews that lasted about 90 minutes. Each Booz Allen representative interviewed me for 30 minutes each. Each rep had a set of questions focusing on my qualifications, knowledge about the job, information about the company, and if I was a good fit for the company. Although this process seems grueling, the interview was very relaxing. The representatives made me feel comfortable and not like I was up against the "firing squad". At the end of the interview, one rep informed me that I should be contacted by the company within 2 weeks. I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Cybersecurity Policy and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Be prepared for a Marathon interview of at least two hours where you will see several members of a team or a cross section of capability teams within the firm. If you do well, you may get an ofer within three to four days. If not, you may get asked back to try again.

Interview Questions
    • How would you secure the client's applications within a cloud environment?   View Answer
    At the time I joined I would have accepted any offer just to wear the Booz Allen lanyard. The hiring manager made a fair offer slightly above where I was with my other company.

SIG Interview

Interview asking about myself followed by a technical interview. I applied after meeting them at a job fair at my school. They reached back to me very quickly and interviewed me.

I was not able to negotiate it had a strict salary.

Consultant Interview

Had a prelim phone interview, basically behavioral. Be able to elaborate on your experiences and how they would apply to this job.

Then had three separate interviews at the DC office. Two were behavioral, one was case.

Interview Questions
    • It was about deciding whether or not to take a manufacturing company into another country. How would you decide whether or not it would be profitable and how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Very thorough and long interview process that lasted about two hours; interviewed with the entire team I'd be working with and for; good HR overview of benefits; interview gave me a good idea of the work I'd be doing and what the expectations were for the position I was being interviewed to fill.

Lead Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The hiring process at BAH is very organized and gives any candidate all the details they need. The interviews are done by at least two people, but they ask standard questions for anyone who is prepared.

Associate Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There were none.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions
    • These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question