Booz Allen Hamilton

559 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant- DoD Strategy Interview

O'Fallon, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2012.

Interview Details – A recruiter found me on LinkedIn. From that point to hire date, it was around 1 1/2 months. Did one phone interview with HR and one interview with my manager. I was a fast hire because a new contract had just been awarded.
The HR lady on LinkedIn was very slow to respond-- she was obviously not an expert in the field. Once I made contact with my managers though, I felt more assured because they were very intelligent and retired military officers.

Interview Question – I was asked what books I was reading... I wasn't reading anything professional at the time, so I was embarrassed to say Stephen King. Now I always keep a business book on my night stand.
They asked me about all the acronyms used in the job posting--- I had researched the ones that I hadn't heard of-- and that was HUGE. The fact that I could even recite the acronyms was a plus over the other candidates.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was less than I expected, did a little negotiating, got *a little* bit more.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – interview process took 3 weeks once applied. Once you pass the recruiter. I interviewed with 5 different people indiviually. Was there for 3 hours total. It was a little draining. They ask a lot of behavioral questions. Be prepared to discuss your background and experiences in full detail.

Interview Question – How would you handle sensative information leaked to you?   Answer Question

Network Engineer (Entry) Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call within a week. Set up an interview date. When I arrived, there were other candidates waiting for the recruiter. We all when up together, there were about 8 of us, and were given a quick orientation. Then we sat with the hiring managers who were each waiting for us in a room that was labeled with our names. I interviewed for the network engineer manager first. He asked me a TCP/UDP question and DMZ question. Then 30 minutes later I interviewed with 2 more managers. Its been exactly a week and I'm still waiting for a response from HR. They said we should hear back from them in a week.

Interview Question – Asked me about DMZ and how it works   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Interview

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty sloppy interview. Cursory

Interview Question – I didn't expect to have to respond to opinions of others I have worked with which was mined from past employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a sore point. They offered me 25% of what I was already making, then came back and said they made a mistake and took another 10% AFTER I had accepted the offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview took several months from start to finish but the real part only took a week or so. submitted an application, then had a phone interview then went to VA for second round interviews. Got placed in a room with other applicants. Received an overview presentation then had two interviews. Got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – They ask the typical behavioral questions but also really dug into my resume. Be prepared to speak on your experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Health Analyst Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and through a university job website in November 2013. I received a phone call at 7:30pm a month and a half later asking me a few questions and inviting me to come in to the Atlanta office for an interview. I had three 30 minute interviews (no case studies, classic behavioral questions). It has been three months and I haven't heard back, I sent the recruiter a follow up email about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. At this point I've pretty much ruled it out.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers interrupted me several times and asked if I thought I knew everything since I was a college student.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Belcamp, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Interview Details – - Initial contact made by a company recruiter who then hands it off to a site/ job specific recruiter.
- Interviews are round robin style with many other candidates. You get a desk with a stack of your resumes while Sr. Associates and Principals come around and talk to you about positions they have open and are looking to fill.
- Can be a bit of an information vacuum after the interview so it is incumbent on you to follow up.

Interview Question – Typically a free flowing discussion not a stock template of questions that you are answering.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate directly with recruiter, compensation is usually above average so they don't have much wiggle room.

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – On campus interviewing, with at least three interviews with associates or higher. Preceded the night before with an in-person, on campus presentation about the company and the benefits of working for the company. After the interviews, I had to complete a writing assignment which I had one hour to complete and then submit back to the company.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral, and high level   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – I gave my interview to someone I knew that worked there. About a month later, in December I got an call about scheduling an in person interview. It was near christmas, and we tried to schedule for the week before but were unable to. In January I e-mailed the recruiter to try and confirm the rescheduling of the interview. She got back to me quickly and the interview was scheduled for the next week. Lots of documents needed to be filled out online before the interview. Once I arrived at the McLean office for the interview, I was led to a room for my interviews. I had 4 interviews, a Senior Associate, a Lead Associate, an Associate and two programmers. The Senior Lead, and Regular associate mostly talked about the company but also asked questions about how I would deal with things. They were mostly behavioral questions. The two programmers mostly asked about my resume, what I knew about various programming styles and how I dealt with problems when I was on teams. A week after this interview I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how I dealt with issues in the various teams I was.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a referral going in which I think makes it a lot easier if you want that initial screening. Once my application was processed, they called me the next day. A few question about my interests and as expected, they asked about my salary expectation at the very end so be sure you got a range in your mind.

About 3 weeks later, I had my interview at the Mclean office where I sat down with an Associate and a Senior Associate separately for 30 minutes. I think the recruiter sends your resume to managers based on your interest, and the ones who are interested are the ones who interview you. At the interviewing offices, there were five other applicants and more sitting in the waiting area. They sat me in a small room no bigger than a college bathroom with a manager waiting for me. I think the key to the interview was developing a conversation out of your experience as well as expressing why you are a fit for the company culture. Booz wants team players who are willing to learn the necessary skills. Be sure to always ask question during your conversation. After both interviews, I took both of their business cards and left with the first five interviewees I walked in with. They said they would contact me in a week, and they didnt. They did not get back to me until a month with a verbal offer. Overall, everyone I have spoken with either over the phone or in person has been very polite and professional. I think aside from the type of work they do, the people are definitely something to look forward to.

Interview Question – At the very last minute, one of the Associates threw in a general case study. This threw me off because I did not prepare for this and I read Booz Allen does not do case studies. Be prepared for one regardless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate, never feel comfortable with what you are offered. The worse that can happen is they say no and you take the original offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton