Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

One thirty minute interview that was mostly behavioral. No case work, but focused more on the projects that the Booz Allen team was working on. Focused on data analysis skills and experience dealing with big data sets. Wanted to know a lot about past experiences and the information on the resume.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Simple interview only few questions and most of it was like a discussion. Coming from military with lot of clearances it was a cake walk. They seemed to be prejudicial with their as they seem to make a decision to select candidates before the interview begins.

Interview Questions

Very disappointed after a recruiter has informed me that they were paying 17k more for people in lower positions with no experience if they have other job offers during negotiations. Make sure to be aware of your value or just say you have an other offer on the table.
    It made me feel sorry as the recruiting team consists of back stabbers and an attitude of low balling candidates.

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Interview was with multiple teams. Nothing over technical. Project managers just wanted to see if you were a fit for company culture. The technical interview was basic network security.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The interview process was great, the woman I spoke to really took the time to get to know me and learn more about what my interests were. She went through my resume with me and provided me ample time to talk through my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How has your communications background prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter within a few days. We had a brief (20 minute) conversation about my experience. I received an email from an "interview coordinator" the next day who scheduled the interview. When I showed up to the interview, there were two other individuals applying for the same position. That was a little awkward. We were all brought into one conference room and told that Booz hires in anticipation of future project needs, so there was not necessarily one position available, but that different people may have different skills sets needed on the overall team. Each interviewee was sent to a different office and three different individuals rotated between the rooms to conduct 30 minute interviews. The interviews were pretty standard - no tricky questions. Mostly about past experience, why I was interested in working with Booz, what my dream job would be (how I would actually spend my day), lots of behavioral questions and those sorts of things. I received a phone call the next week with an informal offer, then a written offer after negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fine. Because you are working wiht a recruiter, it makes the situation a bit easier. I was asked salary requirements in phone screening, and they agreed that my requirements were within the range for the position. I was told Booz does not typically negotiate salary, but I was able to make a small increase in base salary.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

4 30minute interviews with different level associates from team your considered
    Behavioral questions to determine organizational and team fit
    Questions about job related skills
    Questions about how you work within teams and handle pressure

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled conflict in a team?
      Tell me a time you designed or changed a process?
      Why Booz Allen Hamilton? Why Consulting?
      Can you explain how the BAH organization is set up?

1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2015.

Interview

It was a scheduled telephone conference interview. I believed that it was going to be a behavioral interview, however it was two back to back case interviews with two different people at Booz Allen; one was a lead associate and the other was a lead associate and engagement manager.

Both were good interviewers with great, detailed questions. Know your facts about Booz Allen Hamilton as a company and ask plenty of questions. During the case interview make sure that you think out loud so that they can follow your train of thought, that's what the case interview is for.

Interview Questions

• The first case question was the National Zoo in DC wants to get a Panda Bear, Should they get it?

The second case question was about a Lightbulb company who wants to expand their business into Canada because they only produce and sell within the United States; so how do they expand/grow into Canada?

Answer Question

Business Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. You arrive, meet with your recruiter then you go to a select area where you will be interviewed. Instead of being interviewed in a panel, you are interviewed in phases. Each phase last roughly 30 minutes. Each a series of questions about what you currently do and how you would fit in to the BAH life. They then go into skill based questions which you answer and move onto the next topic of situation questions. The process is great.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your dream job?   1 Answer

Another offer came in before.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. The first portion of the interview process was a 1 hour tech screen involving programming questions. Once passed, there was a 3 hour in person interview for behavioral questions and to see if I would fit in.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

It started with a call from the recruiter who found my resume in her database and briefly discussed my interests and my desire to work at the company. I was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. I went to the office and started the interview with multiple candidates where we were told about the company and the type of opportunities available. Then we broke out and individually met with 3 interviewers. The interviewers each asked personality/behavioral type questions. There was no case study. After the interview I was offered a job 3 days later and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question