Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.7

Summer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Emailed recruiter with resume; I had a competitive GPA in very difficult majors so she got back directly and had in person interview. I think this route normally is hard to do if you are not a college student just because it looks a bit unprofessional, but if you are, definitely reach out to someone and network.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly a fit interview; no technical questions; asked a lot of questions regarding items on resume you must be able to attest to these quickly and effectively.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Referred by a current employee. Contacted by a recruiter about a month later and did an informal phone interview on the spot. Contacted about one week later for an in person interview, scheduled for the following week. Interview itself consisted of 4 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with members of the team I was being considered for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a team member who wasn't contributing. How did you handle the situation? What advice would you offer to someone else in a similar situation?   Answer Question
    I asked for a 10% increase but was told that my initial offer was the most they could offer. However, the initial offer was very competitive so I accepted.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Job fair setting in hotel; each company had individual hotel rooms. Sign up was easy and recruiters very friendly and interested. Society of American Military Engineers sponsored the job fair; free to active and retired military. Shoes up about 5 min early to interview and greeted by recruiter on time. Watched my posture and unbuttoned suit jacket while sitting. Always made good eye contact and spoke deliberately and not too quickly. Tried to relax by reminding myself to be me and not someone else. I had decent discussion with recruiter about several possibilities but did come across desperate or committal since I was using the interview mainly for practice. I achieved my goal but not expecting a follow up from them and that's okay.

Senior Consultant, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Screening interview by a HR recruiter that went over my resume, and inquiry on salary requirements. She told me the maximum for the position, which I was 10% over their maximum, yet tow days later, was notified that the hiring manager wanted to meet with me and her team.

Meet with the hiring manager who was in a hurry to a RFP review meeting, and her team. The position required being at a government facility and billing 40 hours per week to the government contract. Questions were essentially reviewing my experience against the qualifications and job description listed in the posted job description.

Part of the interview covered what my experience in proposal writing and other related marketing tasks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Really nice people. Quick, yet very technical interview. Got interview by 2 people, each who were managers in different departments that were hiring. Booz is doing a lot of good work, and is exploring different spaces of new technologies.

Contracts Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2015.

Applied via Booz-Allen's careers website. Booz-Allen first contacted me about interviewing with them by phone. Because it was a Friday before I was to leave on vacation, we had a couple of subsequent phone conversations while I was on vacation. Face-to-face interview was a few days after I returned. They interviewed a few other candidates for the job after that.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of the more difficult negotiations you were involved in?   Answer Question

Defense Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

A grad school classmate internally referred me to Booz Allen. About a month later, I received a call about an opportunity. After speaking with a recruiter (really a screening call), I was asked to attend an interview event at the company's head quarters in McLean. At the event, we each had about 10-15 minutes to speak with a couple of individuals that were currently supporting specific contracts. At the end of the event, we were told we would hear back one way or another within a week. I did not hear back for a month, after which I had a phone interview with more specifics about the job I would be performing.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward--how can you apply your previous experience, why do you want to work for the company. Knowing Booz Allen's "Core Values" is helpful.   Answer Question
    I negotiated a higher salary than what was initially offered. The back-and-forth took a few days.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

My interview process was minimal. I came in one time and met with a panel of employees who put me through a 40 minute interview. The interview focused on ensuring a cultural fit, once they had their answer I was asked questions to verify my experience that was listed on my resume. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult or unexpected. The questions asked were aimed at identifying qualifications but were mostly focused on ensuring a cultural fit.   Answer Question
    I had very little room to negotiate. I was young with little experience and they did not have the contract yet so the demand was less than it would be if they needed an immediate hire to fill a position.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Started the process with an individual phone interview with the recruiter. After that, I moved on to a panel interview with future colleagues and a manager. When I received word that I passed that phase, I received an invite to a final interview with senior management to confirm my fit with the position and team.

Interview Questions
    • All routine questions about handling conflict with clients/colleagues, biggest success in career, biggest failure in career, etc.   Answer Question
    Very straightforward. HR submitted an offer to me. I submitted a counteroffer. HR accepted my counteroffer. I started work 3 weeks later.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

My first interview was wonderful, I met with the EA's of two of the partners of the team and it was mostly their decision since they would be working with the new hire. Meeting with the senior managers was a delight, everyone was real nice and friendly, they didn't put you through the ringer, but that was 14 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • The ever dreadful of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "what are your weaknesses"   View Answer