Booz Allen Hamilton

Getting the Interview

557 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through the career site and received a phone call from a recruiter ~ 1 month later for a fit interview. After the initial screen, I was contacted by two associates who asked about my technical experience. I was invited for an on-site interview that consisted of a series of 2 vs 1 interviews with staff and management. At the end of the half-day, I was asked to give a seminar on my work followed by a Q&A from people in the group I was interviewing to join.

Interview Question – How is this job going to help you get your next job?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Management Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – very straightforward and short process

Interview Question – none that i can think of   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – limited negotiation

Cyber Analyst Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2010.

Interview Details – Suit required! I was hired based on an initial interview session in a Women's Diversity Event. There were multiple tables with multiple teams of hiring managers. I filled out a comprehensive questionnaire prior to the event (which was scrutinized by the hiring teams). When I arrived, the recruiter let me know which tables to stop at to interview with. I interviewed at four tables and when I left, the tables that interviewed me determined which position I was a best fit for. I was called back for a second interview with the actual site manager.

Interview Question – Honestly, it's been 5 years (October 2009) since I interviewed with BAH. I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Four months later, I was sent an offer letter for the position. (By then, I had almost given up on them!) They were not very flexible with negotiations of time off or salary, but instead boasted about the benefits of being with their "firm". Recommendation: Negotiate for the highest LEVEL you can from the start. Get everything in writing (ex: If you complete your degree, we can move you to the next level). Don't sign on until you are satisfied with your offer.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – They do/did hiring interviews one day a week. You will be interviewed by around 3 or 4 managers, depending on your skill area. You will be sitting in a conference room and one at a time, each manager will come in to interview you. They may not be in from one skill area but looking at where you could fit within the organization and the needs they have.

Interview Question – There is no one difficult or unexpected question. Just be prepared to talk about your skills, and your goals, what you want to achieve and where you see yourself in 2 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are some companies that want to know that you value working for them. This is one of those companies. They will not offer the salary increase you are looking for in changing jobs. You may end up with an offer for less than your last job. If you are good at what you do, you will more than make up for accepting less. I took less and at the end of the year I was more than happy with where my salary was. They reward you for hard work and team spirit.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

Interview Details – Excellent hiring process. Fast, efficient, no games, no trick questions. My resume was sent by a friend to a person at Booz who then referred my resume to her manager. This triggered a screening phone interview by HR, which went well. A day later I interviewed with the hiring manager by phone. Two weeks later I travelled to McLean, VA for a round of interviews. Got an offer next day.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, which was part of what was great about it. I had five conversations with different members of the team, all of them about getting to know me and my skills. It's been my experience at Booz that most people in the firm realize that how someone responds to a difficult or trick question, under the pressure of the interview environment, does not in any way indicate how a person will perform day in day out on the job. One of the keys to managing your interview at Booz is to come prepared with lots of good questions. A demonstration of curiosity and eagerness are generally regarded at Booz as one indicator of someone who will thrive as a consultant. This is certainly true for my team. We look for aptitude, agreeableness, high IQ and EQ, an interest in the client and the work we do for the client, and a team orientation. We don't want someone on our team who could rock a McKinsey or Google case question but has a big ego or can't work well with others.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume via email after our department head forwarded out an email from Booz Allen Hamilton saying that they would be on campus in one month and were looking for interns. I interviewed on the same day as an exam and was exhausted throughout it, but overall came across as more peppy than I would have on more sleep. Interview asked a few questions about my experience and the different groups at Booz Allen Hamilton and where I could feasibly end up. Additionally, several questions were asked regarding my comfort with the background check that all employees must undergo.

I completed the background check shortly after my interview and received a verbal offer about a month later.

Interview Question – The most difficult question would be what you wanted to do for them, because there was so little information that they could give you about what they did.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I ended up declining the position because Booz Allen Hamilton was unsure that my clearance would be complete by the start of the summer - in which case they would change my offer to full time. That meant I would need to continue looking for internships and I felt a bit locked in to the full time position if my clearance wasn't ready in time for summer.

Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Only had 1 round in person - met with 2 people for about 45 min each. Easy going convo.

Interview Question – Nothing - very straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was only able to negotiate bonus

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Very simple, conversational interview. Two 30-minute interviews - one with a senior manager, one with HR. On college campus. Most questions were asking about my experience and skills - no brainteasers or cases. Nothing too off the wall either. Make sure you have good questions to ask both individuals. Remember your primary client will be the US Federal Government unless you are specifically interviewing for our private sector group.

Interview Question – How would you define consulting?   Answer Question

Junior Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – The whole thing has been pretty drawn out. I submitted an application through the BAH website but wasn't contacted for an interview until 2 months later. The interview itself was pleasant—teleconference with two senior consultants that lasted about 45 minutes—and they spent an adequate amount of time explaining the details of the position as well as the working environment at BAH. I had a positive feeling at the end of the interview and was told that I should hear back in a few days (so far it's been a week, and I haven't heard a peep).

[I'll update this when I hear from them one way or another]

Interview Question – One of the interviewers asked me what factors I take into play when making an "industrial" engineering decision and to give an example; the question was mostly difficult because, since it is an entry level position, most of my experience is in academia.   Answer Question

Digital Forensic Analyst Interview

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview questions: tell me about yourself, what are you interested in BAH, etc. Then it went into more of a technical behavioral interview. How do you use specific tools to analyze risks, malware, intrusions, etc.

Interview Question – How would you mitigate risks to firm assets.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton