Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The initial phone interview consisted of very basic questions. I did not talk much of about my experience in the phone screening. The second interview was two hours and interviewed with four people. Mostly I had to describe situations where I was faced with a certain circumstances and how I handled the situation.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel more comfortable working as a team or alone?   Answer Question

Unknown Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Having previously been employed with Booz Allen for 8 years, I expected some degree of understanding that, at a minimum, I'm fully qualified to return to employment there. Apparently not...they sent me through to a job fair style large interview event. Had I known this prior to showing up, I would have pushed back. What made the whole process confusing was once I passed through this stage to the individual interview, they were never clear what exactly it was I was interviewing for. I understood they were very interested in winning more work in the client space I had just left and wanted to lean on that opportunity but the lack of clarity into my role or expectations made the entire "interview" difficult from my end. I met with the Principal of the team who then passed me on to an Associate level manager. Having been on both sides of the Booz interview process before, the entire interview seemed disjointed and lacking focus. Additionally, since I had already met with the individual that actually has hiring authority (the Principal), I found the 2nd discussion with the Associate a bit of a waste. Overall it left me thinking they hadn't taken a turn for the better since I left them a few years previously.

Interview Questions

• Just general discussion around my experience and, specifically, the client I had just been working with since they were interested in expanding in that area.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

It was three back to back in person interviews each about 30-40 minutes. Mostly behavior questions, questions about my past projects and some basic OOP questions. 1 example of code was provided, had to debug it if anything was wrong with it and explain its time complexity. Very informative and nice interviewers,

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later about availability to attend a recent graduate recruitment event with the Strategic Innovation Group. The recruitment event was round-robin style in which I interviewed with 3 teams that were interested and had openings. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and met with 2-4 people employees. I appreciated that the interviewers were prepared and asked relevant questions. Everyone with whom I interacted, employees and other interviewees alike, had a great attitude and dynamic personalities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a lead associate. Pretty simple questions such as 1) do you know what BAH does? 2) what are your goals, etc... This was followed by two rounds of technical interviews with subject matter experts. Great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I completed three interviews that day for three different positions. I was only told I was interviewing for one position; I think they were trying to understand what my skill-sets were and how best to apply it to the organization. After the initial interview, I completed a second one, and the decision was made to hire me. However, I was called to complete another over the phone with the the manager I was going to work with.

Interview Questions

• Have I worked in a project management capacity and how my role impacted shift workers.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

There were two interviews, both were individual and the other candidates weren't there for the same job. The first was on the phone, they had a phone in the room they placed me in. After the phone call someone came in to interview me in person. All the questions were based on my resume and experiences. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had trouble working with another individual and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was out of country during the interview process however the company was extremely accommodating to the circumstances and was still able to conduct a professional interview via email. If this is how they value their potential employees, I would love to work with them everyday as this shows me they are reasonable and care about their people.

Interview Questions

• What do I think is my most valuable skill?   1 Answer

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, disjointed, ambiguous and unclear at BAH in terms of their interview process. No job description, no explanation of day to day duties or who the hiring manager/boss would be.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my background. Nothing specific to the job. The DID NOT have a job description ready by the time I had my in-person interview which was very disappointing and left me very unprepared. The recruiter just gave me very high-level info on what the job entailed. Enough to peak my interested, but not nearly enough for me to prepare. When I arrived on site for the interview, I had one name of a person to meet with, but I did not know thier title or position or if they were the hiring manager. When I asked "who does this position report to"? She looked at me like I was crazy. She said there really isn't a reporting structure, per se, but there is a person who writes your review. She didn't know who that person was. WOW! Then I met with 2 other guys who asked questions. At the end of it all, I really had no idea what the position entailed. I never heard back from anyone... I can't help but think that if they had given me just a job description, I could have formulated my answers much better and been prepared. I guess that's government contracting for you....   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rome, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very laid back, cultural based interview questions. The technical questions that were asked where not too detailed. They wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about, but unlike other interviews they weren't throwing trick questions at me and asking me.