Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
587 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview took several months from start to finish but the real part only took a week or so. submitted an application, then had a phone interview then went to VA for second round interviews. Got placed in a room with other applicants. Received an overview presentation then had two interviews. Got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – They ask the typical behavioral questions but also really dug into my resume. Be prepared to speak on your experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Health Analyst Interview

Health Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and through a university job website in November 2013. I received a phone call at 7:30pm a month and a half later asking me a few questions and inviting me to come in to the Atlanta office for an interview. I had three 30 minute interviews (no case studies, classic behavioral questions). It has been three months and I haven't heard back, I sent the recruiter a follow up email about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. At this point I've pretty much ruled it out.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers interrupted me several times and asked if I thought I knew everything since I was a college student.   Answer Question

Belcamp, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Interview Details – - Initial contact made by a company recruiter who then hands it off to a site/ job specific recruiter.
- Interviews are round robin style with many other candidates. You get a desk with a stack of your resumes while Sr. Associates and Principals come around and talk to you about positions they have open and are looking to fill.
- Can be a bit of an information vacuum after the interview so it is incumbent on you to follow up.

Interview Question – Typically a free flowing discussion not a stock template of questions that you are answering.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate directly with recruiter, compensation is usually above average so they don't have much wiggle room.

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – On campus interviewing, with at least three interviews with associates or higher. Preceded the night before with an in-person, on campus presentation about the company and the benefits of working for the company. After the interviews, I had to complete a writing assignment which I had one hour to complete and then submit back to the company.

Interview Question – Most questions were behavioral, and high level   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – I gave my interview to someone I knew that worked there. About a month later, in December I got an call about scheduling an in person interview. It was near christmas, and we tried to schedule for the week before but were unable to. In January I e-mailed the recruiter to try and confirm the rescheduling of the interview. She got back to me quickly and the interview was scheduled for the next week. Lots of documents needed to be filled out online before the interview. Once I arrived at the McLean office for the interview, I was led to a room for my interviews. I had 4 interviews, a Senior Associate, a Lead Associate, an Associate and two programmers. The Senior Lead, and Regular associate mostly talked about the company but also asked questions about how I would deal with things. They were mostly behavioral questions. The two programmers mostly asked about my resume, what I knew about various programming styles and how I dealt with problems when I was on teams. A week after this interview I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how I dealt with issues in the various teams I was.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a referral going in which I think makes it a lot easier if you want that initial screening. Once my application was processed, they called me the next day. A few question about my interests and as expected, they asked about my salary expectation at the very end so be sure you got a range in your mind.

About 3 weeks later, I had my interview at the Mclean office where I sat down with an Associate and a Senior Associate separately for 30 minutes. I think the recruiter sends your resume to managers based on your interest, and the ones who are interested are the ones who interview you. At the interviewing offices, there were five other applicants and more sitting in the waiting area. They sat me in a small room no bigger than a college bathroom with a manager waiting for me. I think the key to the interview was developing a conversation out of your experience as well as expressing why you are a fit for the company culture. Booz wants team players who are willing to learn the necessary skills. Be sure to always ask question during your conversation. After both interviews, I took both of their business cards and left with the first five interviewees I walked in with. They said they would contact me in a week, and they didnt. They did not get back to me until a month with a verbal offer. Overall, everyone I have spoken with either over the phone or in person has been very polite and professional. I think aside from the type of work they do, the people are definitely something to look forward to.

Interview Question – At the very last minute, one of the Associates threw in a general case study. This threw me off because I did not prepare for this and I read Booz Allen does not do case studies. Be prepared for one regardless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate, never feel comfortable with what you are offered. The worse that can happen is they say no and you take the original offer.

Lead Associate Interview

Lead Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – A former co worker got my name in the resume process. I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a phone interview for 10 minutes or so, which included the salary expectation question. After a month of maybe more I was contacted and invited to attend an interview night.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly unexpected or challenging. Most of them were align the lines of "Name an time where you encountered X and demonstrated Y to solve the challenge/issue"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation over salary was via phone with the same recruiter.

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application online in December 2013. Was contacted in January for a phone interview. Went in to the office in McLean for an interview. I met with three different people. They put me in a small room, and every 30 minutes the interviewers would switch. I was contacted with an offer a month and a half later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? How do you manage your time and prioritize?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, salary was exactly as I requested.

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – It was a straight forward interview. I was asked about previous experiences and how they may relate to the current task order. The interview was a panel process where I was interviewed by multiple team members. I think they're more interested in background coupled with personality fit.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The offered a lower salary and would not negotiate on vesting or vacation to compensate.

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – I came into the company through an outside program, so my experience was different than most. I also interviewed on campus after the superday. The questions were pretty standard. Nothing too crazy.

Interview Question – They were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question