Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.7

Information Systems Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (El Segundo, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager in another state via email, who then asked simple questions, like when I would be available to start working and what kind of salary I was thinking about. I then received another email with additional questions about my security clearance, since the job required one. I then got a phone call from a security manager verifying my security clearance level. After that I received another email scheduling an appointment for an over the phone interview. I interviewed over a conference call with four managers. I was okay at first, when they asked personality questions, but then they started asking very technical questions and although I know how I should have answered the questions, I got nervous cause I wan't prepared and didn't answer to the best of my knowledge. I was pretty intimidated. I wish I could have a "do over".

Interview Questions

• How to re-image a computer?   1 Answer

Technology Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter briefly in order to find the best fit department for me. After that we scheduled a technical interview where i met with 4x different department heads(one at a time)... After that, we discussed my salary requirements, and chatted for a bit. I recieved an offer less than a week later

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a great experience. I had a phone interview two weeks after I applied online. I then set up a face to face interview which started with a conference call, followed by a senior consultant, and then engineers. The consultant was very helpful and a pleasure to talk with, for a moment I forgot it was even an interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life where you were in charge of a project that was a complete failure?   Answer Question
    • Name three of your strengths and weakness that others that know about you would say.   Answer Question

Senior Lead Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in the DC area. Candidates were obviously well screened and the specific skills needed was vetted. I had a phone screen 3 days later and after an onsite location interview, I had an offer in 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Interview was not speed-date style and was in person during a social function with partners and alliance organizations to see how I would interact. The phone screen was a lot tougher. At this point I believe they had already made a decision. My advice to candidates would be to be real and to the point. There are really smart, energetic and engaged people that work at BAH. My interview experiences with places like Accenture and other 'competitors' were not good at all by comparison.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2015.

Interview

I had 2 technical interviews and one team fit for a junior position over the phone. Technical interview questions were basic computer networking/telephony questions and the team fit interview was more of a conversation. Still going through the rest of the hiring process but you are assigned an onboarding specialist and a sponsor once you start working. They originally wanted me to do a second in-person interview but decided they were comfortable making an offer and did not want to delay the process for me because I was unemployed. I received the offer letter a week later. Recruiters were very responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Interviewed with two team members. First member was more on the technical side of the program. He asked more in-depth questions on knowledge of the program. Second member was more on finding out if I was the right fit for the position. Will I be able to strategically apply my knowledge to accomplish the mission with little to no supervision. I wasn't prepared for the scope of responsibilites because the position I applied for was a mid-level position and this was an interview on the senior-level.

Interview Questions

• Have you written policies and directives?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Dayton, OH).

Interview

The interview was quick they already knew they wanted to hire me as I walked in. it was more of a formal meet and great rather than a normal interview. It was non chalante, I would recommend you to go ready for questions however because they seem like they will ask

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I first made contact through an employee working in BAH and when the position opened up I applied using an employee reference. I believe that going through an employee reference is ones greatest chance of getting to the interview process. I answered some preliminary questions regarding my background through a phone interview with their HR. Then a week later was scheduled for an in person interview. It was quite relaxed, behavioral type of questions were asked. Make sure to study about the company and incorporate it into your answers.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a conflict you have faced in the office, how you handeled it and what were the results.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied to several positions on line and had a family member who worked there contact recruiters with a simple follow-up email. The family member did not support the same industry, so there was no "in" in that sense. I came in and went through 5 or so 1:1 interviews in a row, including an additional one with HR which was all information sharing from their end. I was right out of college, so the 1:1 interviews were basic behavioral questions, asking why I was interested in the health industry, asking for examples of client service experience, etc. Very standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the original offer, but you can and should always negotiate

Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Received a call to attend a hiring event after networking with a previous BAH associate. The interview event consisted of 50-some of us being interviewed by 10+ groups of people "speed interviewing" (15-30 minutes tops per session). It seemed that the people who came to interview you already received your resume long beforehand and decided they wanted to meet you and learn more about you; everyone I met seemed to already know my background without really looking at my resume. I've been to two of these events. They say they make decisions "that night" but I got offers from both events and each time it took a few days to come through. Just gotta be patient and follow up with them every so often.

Interview Questions

• There were no tricky interview questions, but they did ask me some very heavy technical questions that were a bit above my knowledge level. I think this was intentional because they wanted to gauge where the ceiling was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an offer from another firm that was significantly higher, but I really wanted to work for BAH instead. I relayed this to my recruiter who went to bat for me and came very close to the competing offer, which I accepted.