Booz Allen Hamilton

2.7

Junior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Applied for the position through their website, was contacted through HR about a week later and we set up an interview for the following week. Went in for a panel interview where we discussed my resume and relevant experience, as well as some behavioral type questions which were easy to answer. After the interview I then toured the facilities and got a look at what it would be like to work there. Overall easy interview but despite that there were more qualified candidates so I was not extended an offer.

Technologist - Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

The interview was basically a cattle call. There were a number of tables set up in 2 rooms. We were asked to sit at a table and the interviewers came and asked each of us questions. My first interviewer seemed a bit distracted but after engaging her in conversation a little more she seemed to respond well. The second interviewer was very nice and was interested in me as a candidate which was nice. We were told at the end of the interview that we would hear from our recruiters by the middle of the following week. I didn't hear from them so I sent a follow up. About a 2 weeks after the interview I received a phone offer, and it took another week or two to have the paper offer drafted and sent to me. I accepted the offer, although the salary was a bit lower than I was hoping for.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed I didn't know that this was for the position of a technologist (business systems analyst), so the most difficult questions were about my technology/coding history which I did tell them I have very minimal knowledge but am willing to learn. Stressing that you are willing to shape yourself to the company is very important.   Answer Question
    I told them what I would like and they came back with a counter offer. Although lower than I hoped, this is a Junior position so I didn't have high hopes for the pay. It was higher than what I was expecting at first but not as high as I hoped.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, sold me on the company and the job itself. Seemed cool at first. Set up an interview to come to their L.A. location (actually El Segundo). Three interviews with three different employees (manager, jr. software guy, sr. software guy)... the only interview that I felt was relevant to this position was the Sr. SW person's. He asked to solve certain common problems using algorithms, on the whiteboard. The other 2 interviews were a COMPLETE waste of time.

They were asking ridiculous Google-type questions (How many golf balls, etc... if you have 2 pieces of rope and blah blah blah). How is that even relevant to a software engineering position? They've already done studies that show these types of "Google questions" are COMPLETELY irrelevant to finding a good candidate for these positions, and Google supposedly doesn't even ask them anymore.

The entire interview and drive were a waste of my time. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • How many tennis balls can you fit in a 747? Who cares?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Resume and profile submitted to BAH Recruitment on my behalf by long-time employee. Contacted by Sr. Recruiter for phone screening; participated in numerous phone interviews with Sr. Associates and Principals; then met with Practice leadership and senior-level associates for several in-person interviews.

Cyber Security Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I thought the interview went well. Met with two senior level personnel and was asked basic technical and behavioral type of questions. None of the questions were too difficult to answer. Discussed my past work experiences and what I do at my current job. Although I thought the interview went well, I did not receive an offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn who put me in touch with other recruiters. Was contacted to set up a phone interview and after that, was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Was contact a week later with an offer.

The firm is restructuring so being proactive and reaching out to your interview contact is key.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was surprisingly relaxed and not difficult. No case questions. Being able to accurately and concisely articulate experience is key.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary. I had just received a raise from my former employer and I countered with Booz and they increased my offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was hired through University Recruiting, which was like a speed dating process of interviews. My university submitted my resume to Booz Allen. I received a phone call for an interview screening, then had three interviews with different people.

SharePoint Administrative/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Overall, the interview was very thorough and nothing was left off the table. They were very up-front with me about all my questions. I came with many questions about the position. Since I was so prepared for the interview, I probably asked more questions than they did. There were 4 interviewers including the PM and 3 Experts from different sections.

Interview Questions
    • I reviewed the job description quite thoroughly before the interview and researched topics that I wasn't familiar with so when they asked me at the interview, I could be prepared to at least know what the term was and respond with my level of experience that was closely enough related to it.   Answer Question
    I had a number in mind that I was non-negotiable about. I've been in this industry for a while so I know what the market value is for a SharePoint admin/developer. I did thorough research on the market and received about 15 different salary quotes from various recruiters before accepting this offer. They initially offered me 5k below what I was expecting but they didn't blink when I asked to have 5k more.