Booz Allen Hamilton Lead Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, disjointed, ambiguous and unclear at BAH in terms of their interview process. No job description, no explanation of day to day duties or who the hiring manager/boss would be.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my background. Nothing specific to the job. The DID NOT have a job description ready by the time I had my in-person interview which was very disappointing and left me very unprepared. The recruiter just gave me very high-level info on what the job entailed. Enough to peak my interested, but not nearly enough for me to prepare. When I arrived on site for the interview, I had one name of a person to meet with, but I did not know thier title or position or if they were the hiring manager. When I asked "who does this position report to"? She looked at me like I was crazy. She said there really isn't a reporting structure, per se, but there is a person who writes your review. She didn't know who that person was. WOW! Then I met with 2 other guys who asked questions. At the end of it all, I really had no idea what the position entailed. I never heard back from anyone... I can't help but think that if they had given me just a job description, I could have formulated my answers much better and been prepared. I guess that's government contracting for you....   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Lead Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

The hiring process is long and tedious. You will likely interview with 3 or 4 people and there will be a background check. They might bring you in several times to interview with different levels of people.

Lead Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

A former co worker got my name in the resume process. I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a phone interview for 10 minutes or so, which included the salary expectation question. After a month of maybe more I was contacted and invited to attend an interview night.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly unexpected or challenging. Most of them were align the lines of "Name an time where you encountered X and demonstrated Y to solve the challenge/issue"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation over salary was via phone with the same recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (New York, NY).

Interview

Amateur

Negotiation

too delayed. did not cover important questions!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Antonio, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

It was based on knowledge of my past experience as a program manager. They were interested in the technical aspects of the positions I had held in the past and the makeup of the team supervised.

Interview Questions

• How technical would you say the positions were that you have held in the past? How technical would you say you are on a 1 to 10 scale? Can we contact your previous supervisor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Good, met team and key leadership. Reviewed on-boarding process, expectations, HR and travel rules. Got a good feel of the organization, culture and work ethic required for success.

Interview Questions

• Subject based and general. Wanted to know background, experience, key skills and contacts/network.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in May 2011.

Interview

Good people, the "recruiting" process seemed a bit disjointed. I know they want me, but nothing is in writing yet.

Interview Questions

• What was your salary range?   1 Answer

Lead Associated Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Normal interview. Group interview, individual interview. HR, staff, management. Entire process took 3-weeks. They work quickly. Very formal. The process was smooth. Experience, communication, leadership. Asked about background, relevant jobs. Seemed scripted. They focused on technical, consulting, assignment performance.

Interview Questions

• Experience, communication, leadership. Asked about background, relevant jobs. Seemed scripted. They focused on technical, consulting, assignment performance.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in August 2008.

Interview

Experience can vary greatly depending on the individual recruiter assigned to one. My recruiter would commit to calling at specific dates and times and then not call at all. No explanation and barely an apology, later. Interview questions are mostly behavioral and not prescribed for interviewers. The questions are usually designed to evaluate one's problem-solving abilities, project management skills, subject-matter expertise, leadership, etc. (no real surprises here for a consulting firm).

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. It was a very straight-forward type of interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated directly with the recruiter who wasn't very flexible. She worked with the VP over the Center of Excellence (CoE) and moved my base salary up by about $2,500, but there was no sign-on bonus and no annual bonuses for Lead Associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Newark, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Got an interview through on-campus university career services. Interview was one on one with HR representative and then the technical interview with five technical team managers. Interview was detailed and it took more than 4 hours including presentation, demonstration and technical queries. Concentrated more on seeing if the candidate is eager to learn.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Booz Allen Hamilton   1 Answer