Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated Aug 8, 2014

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Lead Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The hiring process is long and tedious. You will likely interview with 3 or 4 people and there will be a background check. They might bring you in several times to interview with different levels of people.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied online and was called back for a telephone screening asking about skills, availability, clearance, etc. The next day they called and asked me to come for an interview. I met with the HR representative first and then had a one-on-one interview and then a group of 3 interviewed me and then the HR representative wrapped it up by telling me that they would let me know something within a week.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer gave me about 20 sheets of paper and a pencil and told me to create a presentation on any topic of my choice in 10 minutes while he was out of the room; and to be ready to present it to him and a couple of others that he would bring when he came back.   View Answer

Lead Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

A former co worker got my name in the resume process. I was contacted by a recruiter and conducted a phone interview for 10 minutes or so, which included the salary expectation question. After a month of maybe more I was contacted and invited to attend an interview night.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were particularly unexpected or challenging. Most of them were align the lines of "Name an time where you encountered X and demonstrated Y to solve the challenge/issue"   Answer Question
    Negotiation over salary was via phone with the same recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Amateur

too delayed. did not cover important questions!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2011.

Good people, the "recruiting" process seemed a bit disjointed. I know they want me, but nothing is in writing yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2008.

Experience can vary greatly depending on the individual recruiter assigned to one. My recruiter would commit to calling at specific dates and times and then not call at all. No explanation and barely an apology, later. Interview questions are mostly behavioral and not prescribed for interviewers. The questions are usually designed to evaluate one's problem-solving abilities, project management skills, subject-matter expertise, leadership, etc. (no real surprises here for a consulting firm).

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. It was a very straight-forward type of interview process.   Answer Question
    I negotiated directly with the recruiter who wasn't very flexible. She worked with the VP over the Center of Excellence (CoE) and moved my base salary up by about $2,500, but there was no sign-on bonus and no annual bonuses for Lead Associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2008.

Got an interview through on-campus university career services. Interview was one on one with HR representative and then the technical interview with five technical team managers. Interview was detailed and it took more than 4 hours including presentation, demonstration and technical queries. Concentrated more on seeing if the candidate is eager to learn.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for Booz Allen Hamilton   View Answer

Lead Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2010.

Mine was a little out of the norm. In essence I was recruited out of my former employer - didn't have to endure the barrage of group interviews and it was a pretty pleasent experience. I did update my resume to better reflect my accomplishments and how I believe it would fit with what they were looking for. I connected with friends who either work(ed) for the firm or worked in the Defense/Commercial consulting arena and asked them a ton of questions. I wasn't desperate to leave my old job, but I was eager to join a new team and create something new and I communicated that to the team. Never hurts to have the education (grad degree), certifications (PMP), and expereince align with your - and their- goals for that role.

Interview Questions
    You really need to know your market, if you are not in D.C., don't expect the D.C. salaries. That being said I believe the firm wants to pay you well, just know what that means to you. In the end only you can decide if it is worth it - at least from a salary perspective. No one wants someone on their team who feels undervalued ($$$-wise) because they didn't negotiate well and/or didn't do their research.

Lead Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

Process was detailed and I met with 7 people.

Interview Questions
    • When I was asked to walk them through a difficult client situation.   View Answer
    Yes. Definitely negotiate as Booz will lowball if you don't speak up.