Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 1,905 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Booz Allen Hamilton Management Consulting Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initially was contacted for a position that I didn't believe would be a fit, but asked the recruiter to pass my information along to other recruiters for positions that looked like better fits.

About a month later I had another very detailed phone interview with a recruiter that asked about my skills, background, project experience, management experience, etc. -- this lasted about an hour, and she said she would forward my information to the hiring teams to potentially set up an in person interview.

I did not hear anything for about a week, so I followed up and she said that she was still waiting to hear back...I touched base with her each week (and she responded that it was still in progress, while it was frustrating that the process was slow, the recruiter always responded and was great to work with.

About a month after the 1 hr. phone interview they called to set up an in person interview...The in-person interview lasted about 2 hours meeting with hr, and 3 hiring managers 1:1. Several people (about 10) were interviewing for a variety of jobs and levels within the group.

In the HR debrief, they indicated it could take between a week to two weeks to get feedback...

I received a call the next evening and the recruiter left a message...we played phone tag until the following afternoon and I was offered a position (so offer was 2 days after the interview).

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Booz Allen?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...they hit the bottom end of my range and offered me the job level I wanted. I asked about signing bonuses, but decided not to pursue because it would prolong the process.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2010.

Interview Details – normal process: was referred by a formal colleague. Met with senior staff. they were inerested in my profile. HR began getting involved and te process took the normal approach of setting up interviews in the following weeks.

Interview Questions

Management Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2009.

Interview Details – My experience was quick and efficient. I think this was due to my new priinciple was.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of past problem solved.   View Answer
  • Organizational competitiveness question on what type or structure and culture should a government organization have.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward. I had already done my research and was prepared.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Management Consulting Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.