Booz Allen Hamilton
3.4 of 5 1,914 reviews
www.boozallen.com McLean, VA 5000+ Employees

Booz Allen Hamilton Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2012.

Interview Details – A few months ago I was approached by a BAH HR recruiter via e-mail. She set up a phone interview which took place about a week later. The phone interview was more or less a screening and she assessed whether my personal background was relevant to consulting. The skills I chose to mostly talk about were providing support in implementing new programs and business process models.

The BAH HR recruiter then sent me a date to meet face to face for interviews at the McLean HQ in VA. The face to face interview went like this. 1st there was a 30 minute orientation where it was a sort of question answer between a presenter and a group of four of us who were there for interviews. Once that was over, we were escorted to smaller rooms for individual face to face interviews. I had 3 face to face interviews which each lasted 30 minutes, with 3 lead associates. These lead associates asked questions mostly based off my resume. I again highlighted my previous government contracting experience and gave precise numbers on my dollar impact on projects. The majority of each of my 30 minute interviews was interpersonal banter, they were interested mostly in me as an individual and wanted to know if I was a "go getter".

The interviewers liked to underline work-life balance, and the usual "work hard, play hard". They seemed more interested in seeing if I would be a good fit and team player.

After the interview, which took place on a Friday afternoon, I received a phone call on Monday with a preliminary offer saying "the interviewers have recommended you for hire and we'd like to see if you are still interested." After this about a week later they provided me an offer letter, I negotiated since I had another offer from another company. They met my requirements and I accepted.

Once I signed, they sent the clearance papers and once that transferred over (two weeks later,) I was set up with a start date, a career manager, and schedule for the "Firm Wide Orientation" where all BAH employees have to attend to get the introduction to BAH. This is potentially the long wait because you'll have to wait until the next Orientation Date to start. Wherever you are working you are flown in for this experience. I haven't experienced this kind of orientation before and its interesting that BAH goes to these lengths to ensure new-hires have a standardized initial experience.

Interview Question – "What else can you tell me that would make me interested in hiring you?"   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – They initially sent an offer right smack dab in the middle of my salary range, I negotiated it up closer to the highest end of the range and once they offered it at my requested level, I signed the dotted line. It was easy enough. It helped that I had another company giving me an offer at the same time.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is outsourced to a vendor. Therefore, many new hires provide critical feedback about the hiring process. Candidates who are being refered by an employee should communicate heavily with their contact, rather than relying on the recruitor to stay in touch. To prepare for an interview, candidates should be able to speak to their resumes and have stories to respond to questions like "tell me a time when..."

Interview Question – If you were asked to create a new hire program for Booz Allen, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a specific salary. Booz Allen countered but provided a sign-on bonus which came close to the original request.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiter was professional. The face to face interviews were with six different Booz Allen employees from different ranks. They were vague about the job since they hire for a career path instead for a specific contract job. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Management Consulting Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.