Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in McLean, VA

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.7

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

My first interview was wonderful, I met with the EA's of two of the partners of the team and it was mostly their decision since they would be working with the new hire. Meeting with the senior managers was a delight, everyone was real nice and friendly, they didn't put you through the ringer, but that was 14 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • The ever dreadful of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "what are your weaknesses"   View Answer

Senior Associate/Senior Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2014.

Process was straightforward. Went thru 2 phone interviews with recruiter, then was set up for phone interview with VP. I was cold sourced via LinkedIn so LI is working as a mechanism for being found. Most disappointing aspect was zero follow-up by recruiter after 3rd interview. I've learned as a hiring manager myself that a disconnect in follow-up at this point makes a lasting, and unfortunately negative impression of the company that is difficult to remedy. Most recruiters have figured out by now that if one isn't a fit for "this" position they may be for the next and that candidates will remember how the engagement went.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Primary focus ended up being work location and flexibility around using satellite offices. While assured this was acceptable by recruiter, it seemed less so when talking to VP.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2014.

The interview was bull-pen style. First a woman gave an introduction about the firm. I then talked to two interviewers who rotated around the room. I talked to each interviewer for approximately half an hour. They asked basic questions about my education and experience and my aspirations for future work and reasons for applying to the firm.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate benefits - this is standard practice at Booz Allen. I accepted the offer without negotiating, I felt the offer was fair.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

The hiring process was a smooth one. My initial phone screen was with the recruiter. She conformed my face-to-face at the end. The following week I went in for my interview. The interview was in a conference room and resembled speed dating. I remained seated and the managers moved from table to table. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • Why Booz Allen Hamilton and not Deloitte, Accenture, or a McKinsey?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was easy. I didn't ask for much so I got what I requested.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2014.

The interview process is a super day. You do three back-to-back interviews that are 1:1 style. Most questions are about your resume but there are some situational/case-type questions thrown in there.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about the experiences on my resume, particularly the technical ones.   Answer Question
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the company before I submitted my application. If you're not referred I wouldn't even bother submitting an application. First round I had a ten minute phone screening with my recruiter. It was very simple. "Why Booz Allen, Tell me about your job" things like that. Afterwards we set up an interview date. The interview was 90 minutes long and consisted of three people at 30 minute slots. Everything was back to back to back so there was no time to rest. The first interview consisted of informational questions and a few behavioral questions. The next two were strictly behavorial questions. Booz Allen stresses that you answer these type of questions using the STAR (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) approach. If you don't know what behavorial questions are then you need to find out! Overall the interviewers seemed to care more about fit than anything else so make sure you fit in to Booz Allen's firm culture if you want the job. I was given an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person when you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contractual through a Temporary Service - Because the Team had already seen some of my work in other parts of the International Consulting Firm, one of the qualities the Project called for was great organization,team work and business transformation skills. So the head of the team just went to the onsite Temporary Agency, I was called in for an interview, met the Team Members, received an explanation of the Project which was a big overhaul of the Company Electronic Time Reporting System, and was given a Starting Date. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting Projects I've ever worked on and I admired the numerous like companies with in a Corporate Stuscture and the Consulting Phiosophy of the Corporations as well, The onsite temporary service and the consulting firm was started by people who take the time and know how to match up talent and skills, this process automatically achieves monetary growth but also preserves product quality,brand and the design/devlopment process.

Interview Questions
    • Familiarity with financial system development (not per verdom)   View Answer

Financial Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the firm by an alumni from one of my previous universities. I am a recent college grad and was extremely lucky with this opportunity, seeing I know my hiring process was far from traditional. A few days after my contact forwarded my resume, I was called for an in person interview. No phone interview whatsoever, the call was just to schedule a time to meet at the McLean office.

I met with only one individual who went over many different aspects of the company and also what I could potentially expect on the job. This was unlike any interview I have ever had. We did not discuss my background very much or my skill sets. It was simply to explain the position to me and answer any questions that I had.

I was called by my recruiter for an offer about 15 minutes after the interview and I gratefully accepted. Again, my hiring process was very different as I was told that Booz Allen may see as many as a few thousand applicants per job and around a half million job applicants per year. A key to employment with Booz Allen is an internal referral. They pride themselves on having 55% of new hires be from referrals. They are the premier government consulting firm and as one can assume, they continue to look for people that are very similar to themselves.

Interview Questions
    easy negotiation seeing as I am fresh out of college, got what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.