Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions & Reviews in McLean, VA

2.7

136 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the company before I submitted my application. If you're not referred I wouldn't even bother submitting an application. First round I had a ten minute phone screening with my recruiter. It was very simple. "Why Booz Allen, Tell me about your job" things like that. Afterwards we set up an interview date. The interview was 90 minutes long and consisted of three people at 30 minute slots. Everything was back to back to back so there was no time to rest. The first interview consisted of informational questions and a few behavioral questions. The next two were strictly behavorial questions. Booz Allen stresses that you answer these type of questions using the STAR (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) approach. If you don't know what behavorial questions are then you need to find out! Overall the interviewers seemed to care more about fit than anything else so make sure you fit in to Booz Allen's firm culture if you want the job. I was given an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person when you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the firm by an alumni from one of my previous universities. I am a recent college grad and was extremely lucky with this opportunity, seeing I know my hiring process was far from traditional. A few days after my contact forwarded my resume, I was called for an in person interview. No phone interview whatsoever, the call was just to schedule a time to meet at the McLean office.

I met with only one individual who went over many different aspects of the company and also what I could potentially expect on the job. This was unlike any interview I have ever had. We did not discuss my background very much or my skill sets. It was simply to explain the position to me and answer any questions that I had.

I was called by my recruiter for an offer about 15 minutes after the interview and I gratefully accepted. Again, my hiring process was very different as I was told that Booz Allen may see as many as a few thousand applicants per job and around a half million job applicants per year. A key to employment with Booz Allen is an internal referral. They pride themselves on having 55% of new hires be from referrals. They are the premier government consulting firm and as one can assume, they continue to look for people that are very similar to themselves.

Interview Questions
    easy negotiation seeing as I am fresh out of college, got what I asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 9 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contractual through a Temporary Service - Because the Team had already seen some of my work in other parts of the International Consulting Firm, one of the qualities the Project called for was great organization,team work and business transformation skills. So the head of the team just went to the onsite Temporary Agency, I was called in for an interview, met the Team Members, received an explanation of the Project which was a big overhaul of the Company Electronic Time Reporting System, and was given a Starting Date. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting Projects I've ever worked on and I admired the numerous like companies with in a Corporate Stuscture and the Consulting Phiosophy of the Corporations as well, The onsite temporary service and the consulting firm was started by people who take the time and know how to match up talent and skills, this process automatically achieves monetary growth but also preserves product quality,brand and the design/devlopment process.

Interview Questions
    • Familiarity with financial system development (not per verdom)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Phone interview then 4 hr interview. Had 4 people interview me in the group I was being considered for. The last one was with the Principal of the team. Interview with each person was 30 minutes. I was called and given an offer within 2 days- then followed by an offer letter

Able to negotiate

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Senior Consultant Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

The hiring process was entirely too long. I interviewed previously for a contracts position. Several months later I was called about a completely different position. The interview process was deceitful in regards to expected day to day responsibilities and work environment. The interview consisted of several different groups of people asking basically the same questions. Standard behavioral and technical contracts questions were asked. However, in hind-sight the interviews seemed rushed, like they were too busy and needing to get back to their proposals. I should have noticed then that this was not a good sign. The schedule was scattered as I had finished and been escorted out of the building, only to be called 10minutes later on my way home to turn around and come back to speak to yet another level of management.

Interview Questions
    • They did not ask many technical questions as they were too busy. They just wanted to make sure I was competent and able to explain my previous work experience.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as they offered the exact amount I had requested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2010.

assembly line

Interview Questions
    • you are 99000 years old but what do you see as your career path over the next 10-15 year?   View Answer
    no negotiation. salary offered was acceptable

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interviews are generally behavior-based questions. You will be grilled around your expertise and fit with the firm's culture. Stay persistent with recruiters; they tend to be lackadaisical with follow-up.

Interview Questions
    The company does not take kindly to negotiation. The recruiter made me feel like they were going to revoke my offer when I asked for more money.

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied online and was called back for a telephone screening asking about skills, availability, clearance, etc. The next day they called and asked me to come for an interview. I met with the HR representative first and then had a one-on-one interview and then a group of 3 interviewed me and then the HR representative wrapped it up by telling me that they would let me know something within a week.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer gave me about 20 sheets of paper and a pencil and told me to create a presentation on any topic of my choice in 10 minutes while he was out of the room; and to be ready to present it to him and a couple of others that he would bring when he came back.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2013.

I was contacted within a week of submitting an application (I also have a PhD, so the need to network may be less for higher credentials). From there, it took a VERY long time to get hired. Probably about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any were difficult, but I would make sure that you mention their core values in your interview.   Answer Question
    I got 10k less than I wanted, but they gave me 10k cap to move. Wasn't exactly pleased with this stage.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!