Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I talked to three different people and they all were interested in getting to know what my ideal team was, ideal work environment, etc. They wanted to hear about my military service, if I've had to work with Army and civilians, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. I'm waiting to hear back on whether or not I get an offer.   Answer Question

Charleston, SC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Applied on-line and was contacted by hiring manager in the DC area. Basic phone interview/pre-screening, then set up for a hiring event locally. Received an email prior to event with additional details. At the hiring events, candidates were introduced to multiple Booz Allen associates (one at a time) for informal discussion and interview questions.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions -- typical questions about experience and background. For example, tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult conflict with another team member and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2008.

Interview Details – Initial communications was at a job fair where I spoke to a recruiter who referred me for an interview. I interviewed the next week. I only had one interview prior to receiving a contingeng offer letter. They were waiting for a contract to be awarded. Make certain whatever you do to negotiate your salary and your position.

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate which was a big mistake on my part. I am renegotiating salary each year during annual reviews.

McLean, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview Details – Got a call from a Senior Recruiter who saw my resume on the BAH website. Asked a series of questions epertaining to my level of experience. Told me I would be a great fit for the position and that he would set up an official interview. Got a call from the On site recruiter and was set up with the interview. I interviewed with three individuals to include the HR Rep. One interviewer got stuck in traffic and was not able to make it. Nevertheless, after it was all said and done. I got a call a few hours later and was told they were making an offer.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Norfolk, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2009.

Interview Details – Was originally contacted by a recruiter, we played phone tag for about 5 days until we finally touched base. The recruiter performed an initial phone interview, discussed the opportunity, the company and what my experience/goals were. We moved to the next step which was a face to face interview with a series of hiring managers (5 in total). The recruiter sent a pre-interview package that described what I could expect and initial information regarding the benefits that BAH offers. I found this package very good and an excellent way to get on the right foot. Each hiring manager spent about 15 minutes with me discussing the opportunity, the company and my experience. I did not find this to be high pressure, I rather enjoyed the opportunity to meet several people and get a good perspective on the company. Within a week of the interview, the recruiter called me with an offer which I found fair and accepted. Two days later, I received the official offer letter and a week later received a hiring package to fill out before my first day. The package was thorough and answered the rest of my questions regarding benefits.
So far my experience with BAH is very positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was candid in my interview regarding my salary requirements and BAH offered me a salary within the range I expected.

Project Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2012.

Interview Details – Not sure, talked to 2 people for 2.5 hours and then heard absolutely nothing from them either way

Interview Question – Mostly PMI questions and related experience   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview to discuss a new practice they were starting and if I could help out. I decided that consulting wasn't for me after the interview and declined to take it any further.

Interview Question – What was your total compensation last year - I was not comfortable disclosing this during an initial phone interview   Answer Question

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!