Booz Allen Hamilton Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Two interviewers, each 30 minutes. Very stiff, not engaged, not interested in dealing with staff they didn't think they could control (not manage, dictate to regardless of how ridiculous their instructions were.)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Contractual through a Temporary Service - Because the Team had already seen some of my work in other parts of the International Consulting Firm, one of the qualities the Project called for was great organization,team work and business transformation skills. So the head of the team just went to the onsite Temporary Agency, I was called in for an interview, met the Team Members, received an explanation of the Project which was a big overhaul of the Company Electronic Time Reporting System, and was given a Starting Date. It was one of the most enjoyable and interesting Projects I've ever worked on and I admired the numerous like companies with in a Corporate Stuscture and the Consulting Phiosophy of the Corporations as well, The onsite temporary service and the consulting firm was started by people who take the time and know how to match up talent and skills, this process automatically achieves monetary growth but also preserves product quality,brand and the design/devlopment process.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with financial system development (not per verdom)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I talked to three different people and they all were interested in getting to know what my ideal team was, ideal work environment, etc. They wanted to hear about my military service, if I've had to work with Army and civilians, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. I'm waiting to hear back on whether or not I get an offer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Applied on-line and was contacted by hiring manager in the DC area. Basic phone interview/pre-screening, then set up for a hiring event locally. Received an email prior to event with additional details. At the hiring events, candidates were introduced to multiple Booz Allen associates (one at a time) for informal discussion and interview questions.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions -- typical questions about experience and background. For example, tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult conflict with another team member and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2009.

Interview

Got a call from a Senior Recruiter who saw my resume on the BAH website. Asked a series of questions epertaining to my level of experience. Told me I would be a great fit for the position and that he would set up an official interview. Got a call from the On site recruiter and was set up with the interview. I interviewed with three individuals to include the HR Rep. One interviewer got stuck in traffic and was not able to make it. Nevertheless, after it was all said and done. I got a call a few hours later and was told they were making an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Norfolk, VA) in March 2009.

Interview

Was originally contacted by a recruiter, we played phone tag for about 5 days until we finally touched base. The recruiter performed an initial phone interview, discussed the opportunity, the company and what my experience/goals were. We moved to the next step which was a face to face interview with a series of hiring managers (5 in total). The recruiter sent a pre-interview package that described what I could expect and initial information regarding the benefits that BAH offers. I found this package very good and an excellent way to get on the right foot. Each hiring manager spent about 15 minutes with me discussing the opportunity, the company and my experience. I did not find this to be high pressure, I rather enjoyed the opportunity to meet several people and get a good perspective on the company. Within a week of the interview, the recruiter called me with an offer which I found fair and accepted. Two days later, I received the official offer letter and a week later received a hiring package to fill out before my first day. The package was thorough and answered the rest of my questions regarding benefits.
    So far my experience with BAH is very positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was candid in my interview regarding my salary requirements and BAH offered me a salary within the range I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2008.

Interview

Initial communications was at a job fair where I spoke to a recruiter who referred me for an interview. I interviewed the next week. I only had one interview prior to receiving a contingeng offer letter. They were waiting for a contract to be awarded. Make certain whatever you do to negotiate your salary and your position.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate which was a big mistake on my part. I am renegotiating salary each year during annual reviews.

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2012.

Interview

Not sure, talked to 2 people for 2.5 hours and then heard absolutely nothing from them either way

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview

It was a phone interview to discuss a new practice they were starting and if I could help out. I decided that consulting wasn't for me after the interview and declined to take it any further.

Interview Questions

• What was your total compensation last year - I was not comfortable disclosing this during an initial phone interview   Answer Question