Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Rockville, MD

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Technologist - Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was basically a cattle call. There were a number of tables set up in 2 rooms. We were asked to sit at a table and the interviewers came and asked each of us questions. My first interviewer seemed a bit distracted but after engaging her in conversation a little more she seemed to respond well. The second interviewer was very nice and was interested in me as a candidate which was nice. We were told at the end of the interview that we would hear from our recruiters by the middle of the following week. I didn't hear from them so I sent a follow up. About a 2 weeks after the interview I received a phone offer, and it took another week or two to have the paper offer drafted and sent to me. I accepted the offer, although the salary was a bit lower than I was hoping for.

Interview Questions

• When I interviewed I didn't know that this was for the position of a technologist (business systems analyst), so the most difficult questions were about my technology/coding history which I did tell them I have very minimal knowledge but am willing to learn. Stressing that you are willing to shape yourself to the company is very important.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I would like and they came back with a counter offer. Although lower than I hoped, this is a Junior position so I didn't have high hopes for the pay. It was higher than what I was expecting at first but not as high as I hoped.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD).

Interview

One on one interview session with several managers.

Negotiation

It took about a week to be confirmed.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD).

Interview

I initially was interviewed by a recruiter and then flown out for an in-person interview where I met 6 people back-to-back over 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience "difficult" or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to negotiate. I was sent a letter/offer that I had to accept/reject.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Submitted application and resume online for one position posted on BAH 's website, then applied for eight more positions using saved information. I was contacted within 2 days by one of their lead recruiters and answered screening questions. At the end of the screening, the recruiter arranged an appointment with me to talk with a Lead Associate who is the Program Manager of a large multi-site healthcare reform contract. My follow-up phone interview with the Lead Associate lasted over 2 hours, but it did not seem that long. The style of questioning was conversational and was scenario focused oriented (i.e. Describe a time..., How have you..., etc...). Less than a week later, I was called by a different recruiter to schedule an in-person and phone interview with 2 additional Lead Associates at one of BAH 's corporate sites. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes and were similar to my previous interview. During these interviews, I learned that I typically would only have been interviewed in-person by a Sr. Associate, but he was on leave and had arranged for the two 30 minute interviews as his proxy. This impressed me greatly because it directly demonstrated the high level of trust and confidence that the team members have for each other.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have encountered in your present job and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

A friend referred me and I was contacted a few months later by a recruiter. The recruiter called and there was a brief phone interview. Next, there was an in-person interview with 5 people for 30 minutes each. The interview was more of a discussion about my background and interests as well as what they were working on.

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Just interviewed yesterday, thought it was pretty painless process, efficient, etc...no complaints. Have not heard anything regarding an offer yet! Interview: received a phone call from a recruiter and had a short conversation regarding basic skills and why it would be a good fit for you. Then had an interview about a week later and it was exactly what people have mentioned. You are sitting at your own table in a room where there are six tables total. The interviewers come in and sit at your table, you chat, and then after 30 min the next interviewer comes in. There are 3 of those. The interviews were very casual, and they ended up actually being pretty fun. There were not any standard questions, just chatting about my experience. It was very painless.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any tough questions, its more of just a chat about what you bring to the table. They asked about mentoring .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Had initial phone interview then invited to Rockville office for more interviews. Interviews were mainly conversational, interviewers were friendly and took pride in their work. A lot of emphasis on teamwork.

Interview Questions

• No case studies. Provided overview of their work and asked how I could make a contribution there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible, just takes a while.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview was behavior-based interview. Asked about current work, past experiences, and some "describe a situation where..." questions. Was invited to an onsite interview to talk with a series of different team members, ranging from top dog to newcomer. 4/6 people were very engaging, and had lots of relevant questions; other 2 were a bit removed, either due to topic area or something else.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with someone you didn't get along with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

Shortly after my friend had put me in as an employee referral I received an email from HR to set up a phone screening/interview. I answered basic resume questions about my experience. Less than a week later I was asked to fly down to Maryland for an onsite interview. I interviewed with four consultants and also spoke again with HR about logistics, next steps, etc. I had another offer on the table at the time, and HR knew that I needed to give an answer to the other company within a few days. Two days after my interview I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your weaknesses.   Answer Question
    • One interviewer didn't ask me anything about my resume and just asked what questions I had for her.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate since they were offering me far more than I currently make. I had another offer on the table at the time, and Booz offered substantially more than my other offer as well.

Project Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Rockville, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

-Had an phone interview screening where I was asked basic contract finance questions
    -Had a in person interview where I interviewed with 3 people
    -Didn't hear that I received the offer until 1.5 months later

Interview Questions

• What is an area where you need to improve upon?   1 Answer

Negotiation

MAKE SURE you get as high a salary as possible coming in! If they really want you, you can negotiate. They offered me the very top range of what I was looking for.