Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process varies. I was interviewed via telephone from the HR department and in person in front of a panel of three. I was offered a position the same day of the in person interview. The position I applied for was for environmental cost estimating. I was asked about procedures in conducting O&M in the field, how much it would cost to conduct O&M and unexpected maintenance.

I have participated in the interview process and movement was much slower. Candidates sat through at least three interviews. Once interviews were conducted, notes were compared and a final decision was eventually made. It took a month at times to make an offer to candidates. Booz Allen does negotiate based on experience. If you are fresh out of college, pay seems to be more dependant upon what the degree is in. Engineers obviously start at a higher rate.

Interview Question – Interview questions are not difficult. They are geared towards the position description. Technical questions may be asked depending on the position and the individual interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, they asked what my salary requirements were and they paid me what I wanted. It is important to research salaries. I have seen engineers take positions ranging from 30K-50K at entry level.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired for a specific contract BAH had. So I interviewed with the current BAH on-site staff that had been working with the client. I initally interviewed with HR, then on-site task lead, then offered the job, about a 2 week process

Interview Question – all pretty standard questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiated salary after a job offer! I went from 70K offer to 78K in about 10 minutes. No sign on bonus for BAH, bummer.

San Antonio, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of 4-5 30 min interviews with consultants. It was pretty easy no tough technical questions just more behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to go above and beyond on a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview Details – Called by recruiter from San Antonio area. Got interview two days after at Downtown offices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Get all you can on the first try. Once you are in it is hard to adjust. Very rough process with the recruiter this was.

Intern Interview

Intern
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview and group panel video conference with 4 people. The initial phone screen was very basic and was with an HR representative. They were fairly knowledgable and answered questions to the best of their ability. The video conference interview was with a panel of 2 people with two difference sections and was technical and behavioral

Interview Question – What do you know about renewable energy and what oil and gas knowledge do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was available

Very Easy Interview

San Antonio, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was basic questions about my resume, and then I was invited to the office. In the office I had 1:1 interviews and group interviews (with 2 people at most), which were all typical interviews and no difficult questions were asked. Most questions were about me and my previous experiences.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate very little - they only gave me a couple days (from when i received hard copy of offer) to make decision.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2010.

Interview Details – I passed my resume around to friends of mine working for various contractors. Eventually, a Booz Allen Hamilton recruiter emailed me asking for a time to meet. I suggested a date and location, however, she told me the first "conversation" would be a phone conversation and formal interviews would follow. The phone interview was basically gather background information on me and asked what I was looking for in a career with BAH.

Interview Question – What areas of BAH would you be interested in?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by three BAH associates and the company's recruiter. My skills and experience matched with more than one of the open positions within the company. It was not a panel; morever it was an 1:1 interview with each one of them. Questions were base on resume and some basic skills knowledge. So far it looks like a great company to work for.

Interview Question – Describe yourself   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No offer has been extended at this time.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!