Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.7

110 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions
  • These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2012.

I was recruited at my graduate school. My initial interview was in-person with an HR representative. It was a standard HR interview asking me about my interest in the company and preferred salary range. My second set of interviews was with a specific team. I participated in four 30-minute in-person with a different team member. I was asked more specific questions regarding the subject area and previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly standard. The more difficult questions were about the subject area.   Answer Question
    I would highly recommend negotiating as bonuses are not received until you are much higher up (raises tend to be fairly minimal around the cost of living raise unless you are promoted).

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

I was told about the job through a friend. He submitted my resume to the hiring manager. I received an email with instruction on how to apply online. I received another email setting up an interview time. It was a phone interview and the questions all pertained to my experience and knowledge of the subject matter I would be working on.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my knowledge of a particular electronic system I had never used before, andI was honest in my response.   Answer Question
    It was a fairly straight forward negotiation. I believe it was relatively easy to explain my salary expectations and I believe I was given a fair salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contacted for a phone interview a few days after sending a BAH recruiter my resume. Phone interview was conversational and lasted ~20 minutes. Offer letter came 2 days later as I told them I had another offer on the table.

Interview Questions
    Salary and benefits were above average. No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Phone interview then 4 hr interview. Had 4 people interview me in the group I was being considered for. The last one was with the Principal of the team. Interview with each person was 30 minutes. I was called and given an offer within 2 days- then followed by an offer letter

Able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was hired through University Recruiting, which was like a speed dating process of interviews. My university submitted my resume to Booz Allen. I received a phone call for an interview screening, then had three interviews with different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moorestown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2010.

A team of 5 current employees and a recruiter asked me questions about my resume in order to figure out if I would fit in, or if they had a place for me.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to explain my work experience and draw parallels to what they were doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2010.

assembly line

Interview Questions
    • you are 99000 years old but what do you see as your career path over the next 10-15 year?   View Answer
    no negotiation. salary offered was acceptable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2013.

I was contacted within a week of submitting an application (I also have a PhD, so the need to network may be less for higher credentials). From there, it took a VERY long time to get hired. Probably about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any were difficult, but I would make sure that you mention their core values in your interview.   Answer Question
    I got 10k less than I wanted, but they gave me 10k cap to move. Wasn't exactly pleased with this stage.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!