Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
107 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Contacted for a phone interview a few days after sending a BAH recruiter my resume. Phone interview was conversational and lasted ~20 minutes. Offer letter came 2 days later as I told them I had another offer on the table.

Interview Question – Technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary and benefits were above average. No negotiation

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview then 4 hr interview. Had 4 people interview me in the group I was being considered for. The last one was with the Principal of the team. Interview with each person was 30 minutes. I was called and given an offer within 2 days- then followed by an offer letter

Interview Question – Name 3 things you feel you need to work on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate

Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Question – Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   View Answer

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was hired through University Recruiting, which was like a speed dating process of interviews. My university submitted my resume to Booz Allen. I received a phone call for an interview screening, then had three interviews with different people.

Moorestown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2010.

Interview Details – A team of 5 current employees and a recruiter asked me questions about my resume in order to figure out if I would fit in, or if they had a place for me.

Interview Question – It was difficult to explain my work experience and draw parallels to what they were doing.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2010.

Interview Details – assembly line

Interview Question – you are 99000 years old but what do you see as your career path over the next 10-15 year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. salary offered was acceptable

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted within a week of submitting an application (I also have a PhD, so the need to network may be less for higher credentials). From there, it took a VERY long time to get hired. Probably about 3 months.

Interview Question – I didn't think any were difficult, but I would make sure that you mention their core values in your interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got 10k less than I wanted, but they gave me 10k cap to move. Wasn't exactly pleased with this stage.

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview took several months from start to finish but the real part only took a week or so. submitted an application, then had a phone interview then went to VA for second round interviews. Got placed in a room with other applicants. Received an overview presentation then had two interviews. Got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – They ask the typical behavioral questions but also really dug into my resume. Be prepared to speak on your experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Belcamp, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Interview Details – - Initial contact made by a company recruiter who then hands it off to a site/ job specific recruiter.
- Interviews are round robin style with many other candidates. You get a desk with a stack of your resumes while Sr. Associates and Principals come around and talk to you about positions they have open and are looking to fill.
- Can be a bit of an information vacuum after the interview so it is incumbent on you to follow up.

Interview Question – Typically a free flowing discussion not a stock template of questions that you are answering.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate directly with recruiter, compensation is usually above average so they don't have much wiggle room.

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – I came into the company through an outside program, so my experience was different than most. I also interviewed on campus after the superday. The questions were pretty standard. Nothing too crazy.

Interview Question – They were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!