Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen interview with HR a few days after applying online. Scheduled an in person interview for the following week. 3 consecutive interviews from 3 people initially scheduled on-site, stopped after 2 people completed their interviews that ended up going long by roughly 50% each. HR contact and offer afterwards came from out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where you know with 100% certainty that your solution to a problem is correct, however your client refuses to accept the solution?   Answer Question
  • Can you describe to me what consulting truly is?   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about working with people that absolutely do not want you to be there under any circumstances? How would you turn the situation into a positive?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later was contacted by a recruiter. I then came in for a panel interview with three members of the team. They were also interviewing other candidates. They told me they would get back to me the next week, however, it ended up being a few weeks after my interview that I got an offer.

Interview Questions

I will say that I thought it was a bit odd that after the offer was given, no one on the actual team ever contacted me. I even ran into a member of the team that I interviewed with at a conference and she was pretty rude. They lost me to a company that offered a team that seemed much more happy to have me on their team (and that had better benefits). Booz is already going to be battling a reputation of being a bit cold and demanding...teams need to work on combating this perception during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter within a few days. We had a brief (20 minute) conversation about my experience. I received an email from an "interview coordinator" the next day who scheduled the interview. When I showed up to the interview, there were two other individuals applying for the same position. That was a little awkward. We were all brought into one conference room and told that Booz hires in anticipation of future project needs, so there was not necessarily one position available, but that different people may have different skills sets needed on the overall team. Each interviewee was sent to a different office and three different individuals rotated between the rooms to conduct 30 minute interviews. The interviews were pretty standard - no tricky questions. Mostly about past experience, why I was interested in working with Booz, what my dream job would be (how I would actually spend my day), lots of behavioral questions and those sorts of things. I received a phone call the next week with an informal offer, then a written offer after negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fine. Because you are working wiht a recruiter, it makes the situation a bit easier. I was asked salary requirements in phone screening, and they agreed that my requirements were within the range for the position. I was told Booz does not typically negotiate salary, but I was able to make a small increase in base salary.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee for a software position. BAH has a website where you fill-in your information for their records prior to the interview. Was called within a week by a recruiter. After 2 general information phone interviews, I was invited for an on-site interview with the technical team. Generally, a suit seemed to be standard attire for employees.

The project lead gave me an overview and asked general questions while the technical team asked programming problems: one seeing how I used API calls to solve a problem and the other, a recursive counting problem. Generally, they just are looking for how you think and approach a problem. Take your time and talk through your logic.

Overall, they were professional at the interview. Outside the interview, I felt like I needed to be proactive contacting the recruiters, as I fell off their radar unless I followed-up.

Interview Questions

• Solve a logic problem using only API calls   Answer Question
    • Solve a counting problem and describe time complexity of the solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

My interview process was minimal. I came in one time and met with a panel of employees who put me through a 40 minute interview. The interview focused on ensuring a cultural fit, once they had their answer I was asked questions to verify my experience that was listed on my resume. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected. The questions asked were aimed at identifying qualifications but were mostly focused on ensuring a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had very little room to negotiate. I was young with little experience and they did not have the contract yet so the demand was less than it would be if they needed an immediate hire to fill a position.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

very knowledgable regarding the platforms I have used in the past. They know what they are looking for and based on your resume they make you feel like they know you already.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

One Interview mostly interested because of Military background and education. Hiring process took more than a month mainly because of holidays in Nov and December. HR was communicative and were responsive.

Interview Questions

• Ways to deal with Government System and bureaucracy.
      Knowledge of Advanced data

Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered possibly the lowest amount of Salary in entire United States in a high cost of living city such as Washington DC especially for someone that is married. Weren't willing to negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Initially has one phone interview as a screening with an internal recruiter (HR) with behavioral questions and resume related questions. Then had an onsite interview which lasted several hours, including 3 interviews each with a 2 person panel. Later had one more phone interview for follow-up to clarify which group would be the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed to meet the objectives of the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible if you have valid reasons.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

After 1 hour screening interview, had 1 hour interview with Principal. Was extended an offer about 3 weeks later. Interview was mainly around my professional background, skills, behavioral questions and my aspirations for joining Booz Allen.

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any business case-related questions. Just behavior questions and what one was seeking in transitioning to Booz Allen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but did not have much success.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions

• These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question