Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee for a software position. BAH has a website where you fill-in your information for their records prior to the interview. Was called within a week by a recruiter. After 2 general information phone interviews, I was invited for an on-site interview with the technical team. Generally, a suit seemed to be standard attire for employees.

The project lead gave me an overview and asked general questions while the technical team asked programming problems: one seeing how I used API calls to solve a problem and the other, a recursive counting problem. Generally, they just are looking for how you think and approach a problem. Take your time and talk through your logic.

Overall, they were professional at the interview. Outside the interview, I felt like I needed to be proactive contacting the recruiters, as I fell off their radar unless I followed-up.

Interview Questions

• Solve a logic problem using only API calls   Answer Question
  • Solve a counting problem and describe time complexity of the solution   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

My interview process was minimal. I came in one time and met with a panel of employees who put me through a 40 minute interview. The interview focused on ensuring a cultural fit, once they had their answer I was asked questions to verify my experience that was listed on my resume. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected. The questions asked were aimed at identifying qualifications but were mostly focused on ensuring a cultural fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had very little room to negotiate. I was young with little experience and they did not have the contract yet so the demand was less than it would be if they needed an immediate hire to fill a position.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

very knowledgable regarding the platforms I have used in the past. They know what they are looking for and based on your resume they make you feel like they know you already.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

One Interview mostly interested because of Military background and education. Hiring process took more than a month mainly because of holidays in Nov and December. HR was communicative and were responsive.

Interview Questions

• Ways to deal with Government System and bureaucracy.
      Knowledge of Advanced data

Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered possibly the lowest amount of Salary in entire United States in a high cost of living city such as Washington DC especially for someone that is married. Weren't willing to negotiate.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Initially has one phone interview as a screening with an internal recruiter (HR) with behavioral questions and resume related questions. Then had an onsite interview which lasted several hours, including 3 interviews each with a 2 person panel. Later had one more phone interview for follow-up to clarify which group would be the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed to meet the objectives of the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible if you have valid reasons.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

After 1 hour screening interview, had 1 hour interview with Principal. Was extended an offer about 3 weeks later. Interview was mainly around my professional background, skills, behavioral questions and my aspirations for joining Booz Allen.

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any business case-related questions. Just behavior questions and what one was seeking in transitioning to Booz Allen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but did not have much success.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions

• These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Contacted for a phone interview a few days after sending a BAH recruiter my resume. Phone interview was conversational and lasted ~20 minutes. Offer letter came 2 days later as I told them I had another offer on the table.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and benefits were above average. No negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was hired through University Recruiting, which was like a speed dating process of interviews. My university submitted my resume to Booz Allen. I received a phone call for an interview screening, then had three interviews with different people.