Booz Allen Hamilton

Getting the Interview

101 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted within a week of submitting an application (I also have a PhD, so the need to network may be less for higher credentials). From there, it took a VERY long time to get hired. Probably about 3 months.

Interview Question – I didn't think any were difficult, but I would make sure that you mention their core values in your interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got 10k less than I wanted, but they gave me 10k cap to move. Wasn't exactly pleased with this stage.

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Interview took several months from start to finish but the real part only took a week or so. submitted an application, then had a phone interview then went to VA for second round interviews. Got placed in a room with other applicants. Received an overview presentation then had two interviews. Got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Question – They ask the typical behavioral questions but also really dug into my resume. Be prepared to speak on your experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Belcamp, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Interview Details – - Initial contact made by a company recruiter who then hands it off to a site/ job specific recruiter.
- Interviews are round robin style with many other candidates. You get a desk with a stack of your resumes while Sr. Associates and Principals come around and talk to you about positions they have open and are looking to fill.
- Can be a bit of an information vacuum after the interview so it is incumbent on you to follow up.

Interview Question – Typically a free flowing discussion not a stock template of questions that you are answering.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate directly with recruiter, compensation is usually above average so they don't have much wiggle room.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – I came into the company through an outside program, so my experience was different than most. I also interviewed on campus after the superday. The questions were pretty standard. Nothing too crazy.

Interview Question – They were all behavioral questions.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I initially had a phone screen and then was scheduled for an interview with several other applicants. You aren't interviewed together, but you do get an opportunity to meet other applicants before your interviews. Take time to get to know them if you can - they may be your future colleagues. Each applicant was assigned a room and interviewers cycled in and out. Most of the interview questions I received were behavioral, but I also received one case question. Overall, the interviews were more of a conversation about my experience and how I could add value to the firm.

Interview Question – How would you determine how many trees are in Central Park?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process varies. I was interviewed via telephone from the HR department and in person in front of a panel of three. I was offered a position the same day of the in person interview. The position I applied for was for environmental cost estimating. I was asked about procedures in conducting O&M in the field, how much it would cost to conduct O&M and unexpected maintenance.

I have participated in the interview process and movement was much slower. Candidates sat through at least three interviews. Once interviews were conducted, notes were compared and a final decision was eventually made. It took a month at times to make an offer to candidates. Booz Allen does negotiate based on experience. If you are fresh out of college, pay seems to be more dependant upon what the degree is in. Engineers obviously start at a higher rate.

Interview Question – Interview questions are not difficult. They are geared towards the position description. Technical questions may be asked depending on the position and the individual interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, they asked what my salary requirements were and they paid me what I wanted. It is important to research salaries. I have seen engineers take positions ranging from 30K-50K at entry level.

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2013.

Interview Details – Responsive staff with relaxed interviews.

Negotiation Details – Company was resistant.

Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview. On-line 1-hour writing test. In-person 3-hour-long, 'speed-dating' interview.

Interview Question – Defining my consulting experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone conversation - as to salary, benefits, start date, etc.
They refused to negotiate or budge on low-ball offer.
An offer letter.
Acceptance.

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was reached out to by an external recruiter based in Atlanta to come to a three hour interview session at the McLean office. Around 50 other candidates came and we each had our own table where panels of associates came and spoke with us individually. The discussion was mostly the same with each panel and was about prior experience and how you would be a fit and the value you would provide.

I thought I was applying for a specific position, but each panel member evaluated me based on their need.

Interview Question – When is a time your leadership failed?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I applied online and was also referred by an employee. Got a call from HR and later I was interviewed on the phone by my soon-to-be Senior Associate, and then another Senior Associate. For the in-person interview, I was interviewed by 5 different people...mostly teammates and a Principal. I was also interviewed on the client side by the prime contractors. Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.

Interview Question – How would you handle conflict within your team? How would you convince the client to adopt a certain approach to implementation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made a counteroffer and it was met in the middle

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 101 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.