Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

108 interviews

2.7

108 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

I was told about the job through a friend. He submitted my resume to the hiring manager. I received an email with instruction on how to apply online. I received another email setting up an interview time. It was a phone interview and the questions all pertained to my experience and knowledge of the subject matter I would be working on.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my knowledge of a particular electronic system I had never used before, andI was honest in my response.   Answer Question
It was a fairly straight forward negotiation. I believe it was relatively easy to explain my salary expectations and I believe I was given a fair salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Senior Consultant Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Contacted for a phone interview a few days after sending a BAH recruiter my resume. Phone interview was conversational and lasted ~20 minutes. Offer letter came 2 days later as I told them I had another offer on the table.

Interview Questions
    Salary and benefits were above average. No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Phone interview then 4 hr interview. Had 4 people interview me in the group I was being considered for. The last one was with the Principal of the team. Interview with each person was 30 minutes. I was called and given an offer within 2 days- then followed by an offer letter

Able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was hired through University Recruiting, which was like a speed dating process of interviews. My university submitted my resume to Booz Allen. I received a phone call for an interview screening, then had three interviews with different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moorestown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorestown, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2010.

A team of 5 current employees and a recruiter asked me questions about my resume in order to figure out if I would fit in, or if they had a place for me.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to explain my work experience and draw parallels to what they were doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2010.

assembly line

Interview Questions
    • you are 99000 years old but what do you see as your career path over the next 10-15 year?   View Answer
    no negotiation. salary offered was acceptable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2013.

I was contacted within a week of submitting an application (I also have a PhD, so the need to network may be less for higher credentials). From there, it took a VERY long time to get hired. Probably about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any were difficult, but I would make sure that you mention their core values in your interview.   Answer Question
    I got 10k less than I wanted, but they gave me 10k cap to move. Wasn't exactly pleased with this stage.

Senior Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview took several months from start to finish but the real part only took a week or so. submitted an application, then had a phone interview then went to VA for second round interviews. Got placed in a room with other applicants. Received an overview presentation then had two interviews. Got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They ask the typical behavioral questions but also really dug into my resume. Be prepared to speak on your experience.   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belcamp, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

- Initial contact made by a company recruiter who then hands it off to a site/ job specific recruiter.
    - Interviews are round robin style with many other candidates. You get a desk with a stack of your resumes while Sr. Associates and Principals come around and talk to you about positions they have open and are looking to fill.
    - Can be a bit of an information vacuum after the interview so it is incumbent on you to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • Typically a free flowing discussion not a stock template of questions that you are answering.   Answer Question
    Negotiate directly with recruiter, compensation is usually above average so they don't have much wiggle room.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!