Booz Allen Hamilton

105 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2013.

Interview Details – Responsive staff with relaxed interviews.

Negotiation Details – Company was resistant.

Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2009.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview. On-line 1-hour writing test. In-person 3-hour-long, 'speed-dating' interview.

Interview Question – Defining my consulting experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Phone conversation - as to salary, benefits, start date, etc.
They refused to negotiate or budge on low-ball offer.
An offer letter.
Acceptance.

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was reached out to by an external recruiter based in Atlanta to come to a three hour interview session at the McLean office. Around 50 other candidates came and we each had our own table where panels of associates came and spoke with us individually. The discussion was mostly the same with each panel and was about prior experience and how you would be a fit and the value you would provide.

I thought I was applying for a specific position, but each panel member evaluated me based on their need.

Interview Question – When is a time your leadership failed?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I applied online and was also referred by an employee. Got a call from HR and later I was interviewed on the phone by my soon-to-be Senior Associate, and then another Senior Associate. For the in-person interview, I was interviewed by 5 different people...mostly teammates and a Principal. I was also interviewed on the client side by the prime contractors. Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.

Interview Question – How would you handle conflict within your team? How would you convince the client to adopt a certain approach to implementation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Made a counteroffer and it was met in the middle

Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – One on one interview session with several managers.

Negotiation Details – It took about a week to be confirmed.

Senior Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – The interview process had an initial phone screen and an in person interview.

Interview Question – All typical interview questions. No surprises   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was significantly lower than expected

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Initial contact was made by a recruiter via email, I had a one hour phone interview followed by a 2-hour on site interview (30 minutes with 4 different people from BAH). The interbview was fairly standard with questions about past experiences and job fit. Went through the interview on Friday and received a call and offer the following Monday.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring was like speed dating and extremely stressful. They asked non-important questions and no one was on the same page. I left feeling extremely exhausted and not hopeful.

Interview Question – Why did you not work here straight out of college?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. I tried to ask for higher salary after my offer and they refused.

Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2009.

Interview Details – Review is for Consultant (I am now a Sr. Consultant). My friend, a Booz Allen employee, forwarded my resume to the team and I received a phone call to set up the interview. Had a "round robin" interview with about 4-5 people from the team - a healthy mix of mid-level and upper level staff, all friendly. Each interview took about half an hour so it was quite exhausting by the end from the nerves and questioning and whatnot. Was offered a water/restroom break. Received an offer call about 2 days later.

Interview Question – It may have been because I was interviewing for a smaller office/entry-level position, but the questions were not too challenging. I was just asked about my background, skills, strengths, and other various generic questions. They did not ask too much about specific laws and policies associated with the position, but it was helpful to demonstrate that my internship fit in with their expertise (so internships do help!). One senior level person asked what my dream job would be, to which I honestly answered a "National Geographic photographer." He chuckled.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received a phone call from the recruiter/recruiting team. No negotiation involved

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – Participated through two seperate tracks: security market and junior military officer recruitment processes. Both interviews were of a similar format. The host of the event would provide a summary of the company, the purpose of the event, and an overview of how it would occur. Each candidate was tasked with meeting with three teams for a brief interview. They would ask the general questions about your resume and any experience related to their tasks. More specific questions were used to determine the depth of your knowledge. After that you could meet with other teams if desired. There would be a closing talk and it would conclude. The team leads then met to decide who to field offers to.

Interview Question – Ensure you can provide examples of how you did similar work in the past for the position you are interviewing for.   Answer Question