Booz Allen Hamilton

Updated Dec 20, 2014

2.7

116 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

I came into the company through an outside program, so my experience was different than most. I also interviewed on campus after the superday. The questions were pretty standard. Nothing too crazy.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied online and was also referred by an employee. Got a call from HR and later I was interviewed on the phone by my soon-to-be Senior Associate, and then another Senior Associate. For the in-person interview, I was interviewed by 5 different people...mostly teammates and a Principal. I was also interviewed on the client side by the prime contractors. Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle conflict within your team? How would you convince the client to adopt a certain approach to implementation?   Answer Question
    Made a counteroffer and it was met in the middle

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2013.

I was reached out to by an external recruiter based in Atlanta to come to a three hour interview session at the McLean office. Around 50 other candidates came and we each had our own table where panels of associates came and spoke with us individually. The discussion was mostly the same with each panel and was about prior experience and how you would be a fit and the value you would provide.

I thought I was applying for a specific position, but each panel member evaluated me based on their need.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

One on one interview session with several managers.

It took about a week to be confirmed.

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The interview process had an initial phone screen and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

The salary was significantly lower than expected

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Initial contact was made by a recruiter via email, I had a one hour phone interview followed by a 2-hour on site interview (30 minutes with 4 different people from BAH). The interbview was fairly standard with questions about past experiences and job fit. Went through the interview on Friday and received a call and offer the following Monday.

No negotiation

Senior Consultant Interview

Participated through two seperate tracks: security market and junior military officer recruitment processes. Both interviews were of a similar format. The host of the event would provide a summary of the company, the purpose of the event, and an overview of how it would occur. Each candidate was tasked with meeting with three teams for a brief interview. They would ask the general questions about your resume and any experience related to their tasks. More specific questions were used to determine the depth of your knowledge. After that you could meet with other teams if desired. There would be a closing talk and it would conclude. The team leads then met to decide who to field offers to.

Interview Questions
    • Ensure you can provide examples of how you did similar work in the past for the position you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

After a conversation with a manager asking about my skills I was out in touch with an internal team looking for someone with my capabilities. After an initial phone interview I was flown to VA for a face-to-face interview. Shortly after my return I was contacted by HR with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I had little difficulty answering any of the technical questions regarding my role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2013.

I was contacted within a week of submitting an application (I also have a PhD, so the need to network may be less for higher credentials). From there, it took a VERY long time to get hired. Probably about 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any were difficult, but I would make sure that you mention their core values in your interview.   Answer Question
    I got 10k less than I wanted, but they gave me 10k cap to move. Wasn't exactly pleased with this stage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in August 2013.

I applied for a General Management Consultant position through an internal referral. A 30-minute screening phone call went well enough for them to bring me in for an interview. The interview was conducted with an Associate and a Career Manager consecutively. They asked a variety of questions about my background and then tested my analytical abilities with a few questions regarding work that I might come across. The recruiter indicated that I would hear from them within a week, and 5 days later, I received an offer for employment. Very professional approach. A well-oiled recruitment department in my experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the incoming Commissioner of the IRS, what would you do within your first 100 days following the recent poor press.   Answer Question