Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

One Interview mostly interested because of Military background and education. Hiring process took more than a month mainly because of holidays in Nov and December. HR was communicative and were responsive.

Interview Questions

• Ways to deal with Government System and bureaucracy. Knowledge of Advanced data   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered possibly the lowest amount of Salary in entire United States in a high cost of living city such as Washington DC especially for someone that is married. Weren't willing to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Initially has one phone interview as a screening with an internal recruiter (HR) with behavioral questions and resume related questions. Then had an onsite interview which lasted several hours, including 3 interviews each with a 2 person panel. Later had one more phone interview for follow-up to clarify which group would be the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you failed to meet the objectives of the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible if you have valid reasons.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

After 1 hour screening interview, had 1 hour interview with Principal. Was extended an offer about 3 weeks later. Interview was mainly around my professional background, skills, behavioral questions and my aspirations for joining Booz Allen.

Interview Questions

• Didn't have any business case-related questions. Just behavior questions and what one was seeking in transitioning to Booz Allen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but did not have much success.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Quite efficient process, initially screened by someone in HR, then round-robin type interviews with multiple candidates, but individual 30min well-organized, relatively simple interviews (resume walkthrough, why interested in Booz Allen etc). It was unclear during process what position exactly I was being hired for, and what team/who was interviewing and who I'd be working with, presumably because more than one position and team were hiring.

Interview Questions

• These depended on the individual interviewing, it didn't seem as though there was a defined set of interview questions, which made it more comfortable. No business case/case study.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Contacted for a phone interview a few days after sending a BAH recruiter my resume. Phone interview was conversational and lasted ~20 minutes. Offer letter came 2 days later as I told them I had another offer on the table.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary and benefits were above average. No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview is done by multiple staff members as either an intern or a full time staff and can be done for a general hiring or as a project specific job opening

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What makes you different from others?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I was hired through University Recruiting, which was like a speed dating process of interviews. My university submitted my resume to Booz Allen. I received a phone call for an interview screening, then had three interviews with different people.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

Interview took several months from start to finish but the real part only took a week or so. submitted an application, then had a phone interview then went to VA for second round interviews. Got placed in a room with other applicants. Received an overview presentation then had two interviews. Got a call two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask the typical behavioral questions but also really dug into my resume. Be prepared to speak on your experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

I came into the company through an outside program, so my experience was different than most. I also interviewed on campus after the superday. The questions were pretty standard. Nothing too crazy.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview

I applied online and was also referred by an employee. Got a call from HR and later I was interviewed on the phone by my soon-to-be Senior Associate, and then another Senior Associate. For the in-person interview, I was interviewed by 5 different people...mostly teammates and a Principal. I was also interviewed on the client side by the prime contractors. Questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict within your team? How would you convince the client to adopt a certain approach to implementation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Made a counteroffer and it was met in the middle