Booz Allen Hamilton

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was entirely too long. I interviewed previously for a contracts position. Several months later I was called about a completely different position. The interview process was deceitful in regards to expected day to day responsibilities and work environment. The interview consisted of several different groups of people asking basically the same questions. Standard behavioral and technical contracts questions were asked. However, in hind-sight the interviews seemed rushed, like they were too busy and needing to get back to their proposals. I should have noticed then that this was not a good sign. The schedule was scattered as I had finished and been escorted out of the building, only to be called 10minutes later on my way home to turn around and come back to speak to yet another level of management.

Interview Question – They did not ask many technical questions as they were too busy. They just wanted to make sure I was competent and able to explain my previous work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as they offered the exact amount I had requested.

Interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton

Interview Details – The interview was done with four associates from the prospective department of Booz Allen you were going to work with. It was done in a 2 hour period. Afterwards you contacted your recruiter. My process took three months from interview to hire. They had to find an opening for me.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview from recruiter, then flown out to DC for group interview with multiple interviewers and many interviewees and you wait in line for 5-10 minute interview, After interviewers get together and decided if they like you are think you can help... Then offer is made with contention on background check, security clearance ect...

Interview Question – How does your military experience relate to consulting requirements   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary was acceptable, unable to nego a signing bonus, however did offer relo benefits
Was unwilling to adjust benefits because relo was not needed and did not want to give signing bonus...

Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview was very easy and no preparation is required.

The in person interviews are set up at the Booz Allen headquarters in Virginia and take about 2.5 hours. A recruiter meets with you first to lay out who will interview you and to review your application. Three Booz Allen employees then interview you, each focusing on a different aspect of your background such as functional knowledge or leadership. They ask you repeatedly to tell them about a time when you used your skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you used your leadership skills.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was too low.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had applied through a recruiter then Booz decided to come to my school to interview the candidates instead. I had my interview with the HR recruiter, it was mainly about your background and your past experience. I was also asked why should I picked over other candidates and examples of leadership etc. They will ask you your salary expectations at the end and if there were any specific teams you want to work for/with. the recruiter was very laid back and nice, taking lots of notes. I do not believe I'll be getting called back right now because of my availability. They need someone available asap and I can't meet that right now. Otherwise, the recruiter seemed to like my experience and academic background.

Interview Questions

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2008.

Interview Details – A recruiter from the company contacted me about a job. I had a brief, friendly phone interview with the recruiter and then scheduled an on-site interview with her. They day of my interview, I was presented with a list of four or five Booz Allen managers that I would later then interview with. Each interview was approximately 30 minutes long and the questions were general. Mostly talking about what your prior work experiences are, getting to know me, why I want to work for Booz Allen. But it's always good to prepare.

Interview Question – What was your prior work experience and why do you want to go into consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually did not negotiate my pay because the salary was very reasonable. They also offered a generous relocation package.

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2009.

Interview Details – I found the Booz Allen Recruiter contact information from the Marines Executive Association job search web site. Once I submitted my resume to the Booz Allen Hamilton recruiter I was immediately contacted and had a 15 minute phone interview that asked generic questions (background, interests, what I knew about the Company). The recruiter then invited me to attend a Junior Military Officer (JMO) Recruiting Conference. Booz Allen paid for everything to fly me from the west coast to the east coast for the interview for two nights. The best way to describe the JMO Recruiting Conference was like speed dating, a one day event of round robin interviews. The first part entailed a quick introduction briefing by the recruiters and Senior Management, the second part was a break out group discussion with prior military officers who just got hired by Booz Allen Hamilton. They spoke of the Company environment, culture and their personal experiences. The third part was the "speed dating" process. Numerous internal BAH teams from all departments requested to speak with each candidate they were interested in (candidate resumes were sent out company wide prior to the event so teams knew who to speak with). Once you sat down with a team interviewer they asked general background questions, interests, experiences, availability. Once you were done with the interview you were asked to speak with another team. Each team had their own interviewing process and questions. After an entire day of interviewing we were informed of which teams were interested in the candidates and the candidates listed their top 5 teams they would like to be a part of. After the conference is was about 1 week after that I received a call from the BAH recruiter that informed me of which team I was being offered the job for, salary, location and start date. The negotiations were simple and reasonable. Following the offer the recruiter sent all the paperwork that needed to be filled. I also had to go online and complete their online application for the specified job title I was being hired for. After completing the application BAH did a background checking utilizing my application (which is very detailed, you need to remember where you lived 10 years ago and for a military personnel that can be a bit difficult). The overall process was extremely smooth and worth it leave taken.

Interview Question – No difficult questions!   View Answer

Senior Consultant Level II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Interview Details – I participated in a number of phone interviews with department leads and HR specialists. Very quick interviews with general questions about my background and experiences. Was later called for an in-person interview at HQ. The interview process was two-hours, broken into four 30 minute sessions. The first 30 minutes was an overview of the organization and the last three sessions were interviews.

Interview Question – How does your past experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Level II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very positive. I had a phone interview with a hiring manager first, then was scheduled for interviews with 3 teams. HR representative discussed the company benefits with me and did my salary negotiation. The interviews with the teams were highly technical. Very organized hiring process.

Interview Question – Network scenerios were presented and RFC detailed technical questions were asked related to protocols and applications.   Answer Question

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!