Booz Allen Hamilton Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, sold me on the company and the job itself. Seemed cool at first. Set up an interview to come to their L.A. location (actually El Segundo). Three interviews with three different employees (manager, jr. software guy, sr. software guy)... the only interview that I felt was relevant to this position was the Sr. SW person's. He asked to solve certain common problems using algorithms, on the whiteboard. The other 2 interviews were a COMPLETE waste of time.

They were asking ridiculous Google-type questions (How many golf balls, etc... if you have 2 pieces of rope and blah blah blah). How is that even relevant to a software engineering position? They've already done studies that show these types of "Google questions" are COMPLETELY irrelevant to finding a good candidate for these positions, and Google supposedly doesn't even ask them anymore.

The entire interview and drive were a waste of my time. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • How many tennis balls can you fit in a 747? Who cares?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2011.

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by one of their recruiters to come in a invitation only career day at their location in Herndon. As, I went there, I was seated in a large room with several other candidates seating on different tables. Two interviewers would come in and sit with each candidate for about half and hour and leave. This lasted for two hours with three teams interviewing me with some gap in between. As for the interview experience, it seemed not at all relevant to the position applied. Although, I have more of a mobile application development experience, I was interviewed by teams needing database programmers and web developers. What a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2007.

Interview process was thorough. Had initial interview when recruiter called to offer job opportunity at Booz Allen Hamilton. We discussed the company, the position, and my current salary. Follow up calls was for personal details for the background check. Had the 1-to-1 interview with the hiring manager, project manager, and the technical lead on the project. The interview went very well and I knew I would get the job. I became restless after a week of no response from the recruiter about whether I got the job or not. I learnt finally that the background check usually took longer and without that, no decision could be made. I got my offer letter 2-days before the scheduled start date.

I had no negotiation power since I was more interested in leaving my previous company.