Booz Allen Hamilton Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred to the position from an Employee Referral. I was contacted by a Booz Allen recruiter about 3 weeks after applying for the position.

I was unable to have an in person interview due to logistics. It took place over the phone.

After reading several interview responses here on glassdoor for Booz Allen, I got the impression that there was little technical questions. This was not my case. Two of the five interviews grilled me pretty thoroughly so be prepared to answer questions about technologies you have listed as skills.

The interviewers were all very easy going and the process was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked by each interviewer the difference abstract classes and interfaces.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I was referred by an employee. About 24 hours after sending me resume, to a friend, I received a phone call from a recruiter from the company. The recruiter set up an interview with a project team. I interviewed with 3 team members at once, and heard back within a few days that I had an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle sending out emails from the Ruby on Rails application to the end users? What sort of data structure would you use?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate for a bit higher and was turned down. Accepted original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belcamp, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

Overall interview was unprofessional, they placed competing interview candidates all in one room and spent 30 mins talking up the company. Spent most of the time discussing how good Booz was and how great of a place it was too work at. Whenever I hear this, it usually indicates the reverse. The interviewer was late. I was interviewed by 4 people. They didn’t ask any technical questions for a developer position, no one there seem to know what the job entailed or what I would be doing. The most technical person did “computer based training”!!!!! It seemed like they just needed a “body”. Their starting salary was low (which excluded me as a potential candidate). They start everyone at this location as a “consultant” regardless of your exp and education, you have to work your way up to a good salary.