Booz Allen Hamilton

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was referred to the position from an Employee Referral. I was contacted by a Booz Allen recruiter about 3 weeks after applying for the position.

I was unable to have an in person interview due to logistics. It took place over the phone.

After reading several interview responses here on glassdoor for Booz Allen, I got the impression that there was little technical questions. This was not my case. Two of the five interviews grilled me pretty thoroughly so be prepared to answer questions about technologies you have listed as skills.

The interviewers were all very easy going and the process was quite pleasant.

Interview Question – I was asked by each interviewer the difference abstract classes and interfaces.   Answer Question

Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee. About 24 hours after sending me resume, to a friend, I received a phone call from a recruiter from the company. The recruiter set up an interview with a project team. I interviewed with 3 team members at once, and heard back within a few days that I had an offer of employment.

Interview Question – How would you handle sending out emails from the Ruby on Rails application to the end users? What sort of data structure would you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate for a bit higher and was turned down. Accepted original offer.

Belcamp, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

Interview Details – Overall interview was unprofessional, they placed competing interview candidates all in one room and spent 30 mins talking up the company. Spent most of the time discussing how good Booz was and how great of a place it was too work at. Whenever I hear this, it usually indicates the reverse. The interviewer was late. I was interviewed by 4 people. They didn’t ask any technical questions for a developer position, no one there seem to know what the job entailed or what I would be doing. The most technical person did “computer based training”!!!!! It seemed like they just needed a “body”. Their starting salary was low (which excluded me as a potential candidate). They start everyone at this location as a “consultant” regardless of your exp and education, you have to work your way up to a good salary.

Interview Questions

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!