Booz Allen Hamilton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Columbia, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee. About 24 hours after sending me resume, to a friend, I received a phone call from a recruiter from the company. The recruiter set up an interview with a project team. I interviewed with 3 team members at once, and heard back within a few days that I had an offer of employment.

Interview Question – How would you handle sending out emails from the Ruby on Rails application to the end users? What sort of data structure would you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate for a bit higher and was turned down. Accepted original offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Developer Interview

Belcamp, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2010.

Interview Details – Overall interview was unprofessional, they placed competing interview candidates all in one room and spent 30 mins talking up the company. Spent most of the time discussing how good Booz was and how great of a place it was too work at. Whenever I hear this, it usually indicates the reverse. The interviewer was late. I was interviewed by 4 people. They didn’t ask any technical questions for a developer position, no one there seem to know what the job entailed or what I would be doing. The most technical person did “computer based training”!!!!! It seemed like they just needed a “body”. Their starting salary was low (which excluded me as a potential candidate). They start everyone at this location as a “consultant” regardless of your exp and education, you have to work your way up to a good salary.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz Allen Hamilton

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz Allen Hamilton Software Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz Allen Hamilton employees and interview candidates.