Booz Allen Hamilton

2.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Aberdeen recruiting staff is very flaky and bad with communication during hiring process. BAH doesn't appear to know what their customer(s) need staffing-wise. Not uncommon to get deep in hiring process only for client to not be interested in adding a position - much time wasted (months).

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected question was "why should we hire you?" because no one asks that question anymore.   View Answers (2)

Decided to stay at my current job. Was excited at first but nothing about the hiring process or the people i'd be working with impressed me. Would only recommend interviewing at this location if you have the time to chase down their recruiters to NOT get answers.

Other Interview Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2011.

Recruitor was really friendly and helpful. She called me and set-up a group interview for several candidates. Interviewed with 5 people, 4 of which had military backgrounds. Questions were more geared towards finding out your personality and high level on what projects you worked on before.

Interview Questions
    Negociated for a higher salary and they met me half-way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2011.

The interview was like a speed dating event. Applicants were led to conference room with small tables, a binder and our names posted. Every 10 minutes the interviewers switched chairs. You could see and hear everyone else in the room and it was distracting. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not out of the ordinary but the interview environment was not conducive to making a connection with the interviewer and selling yourself on the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2008.

The interview process started with my information being submitted to Booz Allen's website via employee referral. I was then contacted via phone and asked preliminary questions; i.e. experience, intended position, etc. From there, I was scheduled for a panel interview with an H.R. person and three people from the prospective area I would be joining. The H.R. person went over basics of Booz Allen, the various programs and benefits, asked my salary requirements, etc. The panel covered three areas; perceived ability to be a consultant, technical interview, and what is termed "close and sell". The last I felt was to bring out my ability to handle various situations and find my comfort level with the firm. It all went fairly smoothly and was well coordinated.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about being taken out of your comfort zone of working with the agency you currently work for and placed with a totally different one?   View Answer
    From my experience and from what I have heard from others, there is not much negotiating with Booz Allen. The firm gets thousands of applications and can pick and choose from them. If you get an offer, it will most likely be competative as far as salaries. However, I have heard that other companies may pay a bit (not a lot) more. However, Booz Allen also makes a significant contribution to your retirement/401(k) (after 1 year of employment) without you having to put in anything. Vacation is set by what level you are hired at and how many years you are with the firm. Again, not much negotiable. You either take it or leave it from what I heard and experienced.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2009.

talked to several project engineers and the PM. Very professional recruiter.

Vacation. Be passionate