1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Wargaming Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in October 2011.

I was contacted by Booz Allen JMO (junior military officer) recruiters while I was on active duty. The process was lengthy, but very thorough. After an initial phone interview and a determination of when I would be available for hiring, the recruiters attempted to convince me to stay in the Washington DC area, where most of their jobs were. Due to family considerations, I asked for opportunities at the San Diego office. They were very supportive and after a lot of extra legwork on their part, they managed to wrangle me a spot during a group interview for the San Diego office.

The interview began in a conference room where BAH associates gave several generic presentations. We then proceeded upstairs to individual offices where we were interviewed by hiring managers from the various BAH divisions- I interviewed with the organizational change hiring manager, as well as the JTRS program officer manager. Both teams had selected me to interview based on my resume and asked me very perfunctory questions about my military experience and lessons that I learned from working with various organizations. After the interview process, both managers said that they would like to bring me on board, but did not have current openings.

From that point on, I realized that BAH seemed to recruit based on general traits rather than specific skill sets matched to a job. The recruiters assured me that I was a perfect fit for BAH, but that they had to find a good place for me. After going through multiple possible positions, they matched me to a wargaming job that was contingent on winning a government contract. BAH did not win the contract, but kept trying to keep me interested. I finally decided to go back to school to earn a Ph.D.

Interview Questions
  • How would you market the JTRS (a military radio system) to a FMS (foreign military sales) client?   View Answer

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!