Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.7

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Mine was short. It started with an email from one of the recruiters. He asked me to respond back quickly with a few short questions. Probably a few days later, I received a call in the middle of my lunch break from the person I had emailed. It wasn't such a bad experience, just would have been nice if they would've scheduled a time with you rather than call out of the blue for a phone interview. I was caught off guard but answered questions to the best of my ability. He then informed me that a Hiring Manager would follow up with me the next week for a second interview. Never happened. Emailed the recruiter twice to follow up after the week had passed, but never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a current clearance? Do you have any experience with the AOR? Why do you want to work for BAH?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later was contacted by a recruiter. I then came in for a panel interview with three members of the team. They were also interviewing other candidates. They told me they would get back to me the next week, however, it ended up being a few weeks after my interview that I got an offer.

Interview Questions

I will say that I thought it was a bit odd that after the offer was given, no one on the actual team ever contacted me. I even ran into a member of the team that I interviewed with at a conference and she was pretty rude. They lost me to a company that offered a team that seemed much more happy to have me on their team (and that had better benefits). Booz is already going to be battling a reputation of being a bit cold and demanding...teams need to work on combating this perception during the interview process.

Lead Associate (Project Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I held a lunch interview with the person who would be my mid-level manager. The next day I had a formal interview with the next level manager who was very excited about my diversity of professional experience. Both relied significantly on the recommendation of the employee who recommended me. The experience was very positive, but very different than the experience of those coming in through the Recruiting/HR department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague of mine - which I hear is often the only way to an interview at Booz Allen. I interviewed for one group, but the fit was not the best and they did not have enough projects to take another intern. I was then bounced to another group, where I interviewed with a Senior Associate. I was offered the job within a week.

Though my on-boarding process was a bit here and there, it was always cordial - even when the interviewer and I could both discern that the projects I would be working on were really not a good fit. The network there is so fantastic that even the hiccups along the way were handled with ease and professionalism.

Application

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different individuals. Each interview lasted approx. 30 minutes. In a previous interview with the company I also had phone interviews. Whether in person or by phone, BAH puts you in a private interview room. The interviews were pretty thorough compared to other interviews I have had for similar jobs.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with analytics?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter within a few days. We had a brief (20 minute) conversation about my experience. I received an email from an "interview coordinator" the next day who scheduled the interview. When I showed up to the interview, there were two other individuals applying for the same position. That was a little awkward. We were all brought into one conference room and told that Booz hires in anticipation of future project needs, so there was not necessarily one position available, but that different people may have different skills sets needed on the overall team. Each interviewee was sent to a different office and three different individuals rotated between the rooms to conduct 30 minute interviews. The interviews were pretty standard - no tricky questions. Mostly about past experience, why I was interested in working with Booz, what my dream job would be (how I would actually spend my day), lots of behavioral questions and those sorts of things. I received a phone call the next week with an informal offer, then a written offer after negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fine. Because you are working wiht a recruiter, it makes the situation a bit easier. I was asked salary requirements in phone screening, and they agreed that my requirements were within the range for the position. I was told Booz does not typically negotiate salary, but I was able to make a small increase in base salary.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

4 30minute interviews with different level associates from team your considered
    Behavioral questions to determine organizational and team fit
    Questions about job related skills
    Questions about how you work within teams and handle pressure

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled conflict in a team?
      Tell me a time you designed or changed a process?
      Why Booz Allen Hamilton? Why Consulting?
      Can you explain how the BAH organization is set up?

1 Answer

Business Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. You arrive, meet with your recruiter then you go to a select area where you will be interviewed. Instead of being interviewed in a panel, you are interviewed in phases. Each phase last roughly 30 minutes. Each a series of questions about what you currently do and how you would fit in to the BAH life. They then go into skill based questions which you answer and move onto the next topic of situation questions. The process is great.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your dream job?   1 Answer

Another offer came in before.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

It started with a call from the recruiter who found my resume in her database and briefly discussed my interests and my desire to work at the company. I was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. I went to the office and started the interview with multiple candidates where we were told about the company and the type of opportunities available. Then we broke out and individually met with 3 interviewers. The interviewers each asked personality/behavioral type questions. There was no case study. After the interview I was offered a job 3 days later and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, disjointed, ambiguous and unclear at BAH in terms of their interview process. No job description, no explanation of day to day duties or who the hiring manager/boss would be.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my background. Nothing specific to the job. The DID NOT have a job description ready by the time I had my in-person interview which was very disappointing and left me very unprepared. The recruiter just gave me very high-level info on what the job entailed. Enough to peak my interested, but not nearly enough for me to prepare.

When I arrived on site for the interview, I had one name of a person to meet with, but I did not know thier title or position or if they were the hiring manager. When I asked "who does this position report to"? She looked at me like I was crazy. She said there really isn't a reporting structure, per se, but there is a person who writes your review. She didn't know who that person was. WOW!

Then I met with 2 other guys who asked questions. At the end of it all, I really had no idea what the position entailed. I never heard back from anyone... I can't help but think that if they had given me just a job description, I could have formulated my answers much better and been prepared. I guess that's government contracting for you....

Answer Question