Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Started with an employee referral. Had a phone screen with a recruiter 10 days later. 2 weeks after that I interviewed by 3 people, one at a time. Each asked behavioral questions. Lots of delving into specific situations mentioned in the resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on initial salary

Senior Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by a writing test and then an onsite interview in McLean round-robin style - Interviewed with 3 different people for thirty minutes each. Very organized and well done, overall pleasant experience Questions were mostly behavioral - Tell me about a time when... Not difficult if you're prepared. Everyone was very nice. Afterwards, there was a mixer with food and drinks for the interviewers and interviewees to chat more informally

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

Initially contact by a BAH recruiter. Brief phone call with the recruiter first, then a few days later received a call-back asking to go in for an in-person interview. Day-of interview: about 15 or us were taken up the building all at once and sat in a room. After a brief intro to what it is like to work at BAH, each of us were taken into individual private rooms where the interviewer/managers will come and talk to us. I met with 2 interviewers, talked for about 30 mins each. First interviewer asked mostly behavioural questions. Second interviewer did the technical part (making sure I have the technical know-how.) The group promise to get back to everyone within 48 hours regardless of decision. I heard from the recruiter the following day.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time you lead a team and how that was like?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

It took three months for them to respond to my job application and when they were ready to interview me I had to meet with three people separately so they could make sure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about my resume.   1 Answer

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Mine was short. It started with an email from one of the recruiters. He asked me to respond back quickly with a few short questions. Probably a few days later, I received a call in the middle of my lunch break from the person I had emailed. It wasn't such a bad experience, just would have been nice if they would've scheduled a time with you rather than call out of the blue for a phone interview. I was caught off guard but answered questions to the best of my ability. He then informed me that a Hiring Manager would follow up with me the next week for a second interview. Never happened. Emailed the recruiter twice to follow up after the week had passed, but never received a response.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a current clearance? Do you have any experience with the AOR? Why do you want to work for BAH?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later was contacted by a recruiter. I then came in for a panel interview with three members of the team. They were also interviewing other candidates. They told me they would get back to me the next week, however, it ended up being a few weeks after my interview that I got an offer.

Interview Questions

I will say that I thought it was a bit odd that after the offer was given, no one on the actual team ever contacted me. I even ran into a member of the team that I interviewed with at a conference and she was pretty rude. They lost me to a company that offered a team that seemed much more happy to have me on their team (and that had better benefits). Booz is already going to be battling a reputation of being a bit cold and demanding...teams need to work on combating this perception during the interview process.

Lead Associate (Project Manager) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I held a lunch interview with the person who would be my mid-level manager. The next day I had a formal interview with the next level manager who was very excited about my diversity of professional experience. Both relied significantly on the recommendation of the employee who recommended me. The experience was very positive, but very different than the experience of those coming in through the Recruiting/HR department.

Associate Interview - Grad School Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

An absolute mess. Booz Allen can not get their act together in terms of hiring. I went through multiple interviews and endless instances of recruiters saying they were going to call with a final answer and never getting a definitive response. Worst part was that a verbal offer was extended "with more details to follow" and then it was radio silence. The senior management who were seemingly so supportive just a few weeks before did not answer any phone calls, messages or e mails that I sent inquiring about my candidacy. After multiple assurances from senior level employees that my candidacy would work out, I had to call and find out that after 3+ months, 6+ interviews and endless confusion, the firm would not be able to proceed with bringing me on. Booz Allen reneged on my offer and I had to call to find out that it happened. I can't imagine that Booz Allen's recruiting processes are much different than their internal operations. No firm can have such defective HR mechanisms and still thrive operationally. The most unfortunate part was that senior management and the recruiters behaved maliciously and gave positive signals when they knew that they couldn't proceed to hire me. I would not recommend recruitment with Booz Allen. There are a lot of great firms out there that will treat their applicants like people, Booz is not one of them.

Interview Questions

• Why Booz Allen? Why consulting? What skills would you bring to this position?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Call with hiring Manager to be asked about my resume. The call took place after a weekly scrum so I was also asked questions by my future team members. I was given an unofficial offer just an hour after the interview was conducted over the phone. My guess is that they really needed an intern in their department for the summer. Good experience overall!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague of mine - which I hear is often the only way to an interview at Booz Allen. I interviewed for one group, but the fit was not the best and they did not have enough projects to take another intern. I was then bounced to another group, where I interviewed with a Senior Associate. I was offered the job within a week. Though my on-boarding process was a bit here and there, it was always cordial - even when the interviewer and I could both discern that the projects I would be working on were really not a good fit. The network there is so fantastic that even the hiccups along the way were handled with ease and professionalism.