Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.7

273 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

Was contact by a recruiter after an employee referral via email to set up a phone conversation. It was a mini phone interview with the recruiter and I followed up and got a response 9 days later to set up an on-site interview at the McLean office. We were in a room with an overview of the company and the department then had two 30-min interviews with two different people. There were multiple interviews going on in the same room. Both my interviewers were reading my resume there at the table and one just picked a bullet, read it to me and asked me about it. The first one seemed like she was about ready to go home as the interview was towards the end of the work day. She seemed pretty uninterested in the entire process and talking to me. The second person did a much better job. Questions were behavioral and asked about past experiences. No contact information was given for the interviewers or the head recruiter.

Technologist - Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

The interview was basically a cattle call. There were a number of tables set up in 2 rooms. We were asked to sit at a table and the interviewers came and asked each of us questions. My first interviewer seemed a bit distracted but after engaging her in conversation a little more she seemed to respond well. The second interviewer was very nice and was interested in me as a candidate which was nice. We were told at the end of the interview that we would hear from our recruiters by the middle of the following week. I didn't hear from them so I sent a follow up. About a 2 weeks after the interview I received a phone offer, and it took another week or two to have the paper offer drafted and sent to me. I accepted the offer, although the salary was a bit lower than I was hoping for.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed I didn't know that this was for the position of a technologist (business systems analyst), so the most difficult questions were about my technology/coding history which I did tell them I have very minimal knowledge but am willing to learn. Stressing that you are willing to shape yourself to the company is very important.   Answer Question
    I told them what I would like and they came back with a counter offer. Although lower than I hoped, this is a Junior position so I didn't have high hopes for the pay. It was higher than what I was expecting at first but not as high as I hoped.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn who put me in touch with other recruiters. Was contacted to set up a phone interview and after that, was asked to come in for an interview about a week later. Was contact a week later with an offer.

The firm is restructuring so being proactive and reaching out to your interview contact is key.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was surprisingly relaxed and not difficult. No case questions. Being able to accurately and concisely articulate experience is key.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate salary. I had just received a raise from my former employer and I countered with Booz and they increased my offer.

SharePoint Administrative/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Overall, the interview was very thorough and nothing was left off the table. They were very up-front with me about all my questions. I came with many questions about the position. Since I was so prepared for the interview, I probably asked more questions than they did. There were 4 interviewers including the PM and 3 Experts from different sections.

Interview Questions
    • I reviewed the job description quite thoroughly before the interview and researched topics that I wasn't familiar with so when they asked me at the interview, I could be prepared to at least know what the term was and respond with my level of experience that was closely enough related to it.   Answer Question
    I had a number in mind that I was non-negotiable about. I've been in this industry for a while so I know what the market value is for a SharePoint admin/developer. I did thorough research on the market and received about 15 different salary quotes from various recruiters before accepting this offer. They initially offered me 5k below what I was expecting but they didn't blink when I asked to have 5k more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

Interviewed for an Arlington consultant position and the entire process was very thorough. I had a phone interview with an recruiter that was just going over my resume. Then I filled out an application and had back to back phone interviews with different people in different departments. These two ask some harder questions like "why Booze Allen" or "what is your process if you wanted to pick out a new dishwasher for me, but there was no internet". Nothing too hard though. That was followed by an informal phone interview to see how i thought the interviews went and my availability for an in person interview. My in person interview was on an entirely different level though. I met with two people from my potential department. The first question was "walk me through the entire software lifecycle with detailed steps on how you would handle each step." After that fun little curveball, the other guy started hammering me. It started where I had to pretend he was the traffic controller and convince him to change the traffic light timings. I had to convince him that it is worth the cost, time, and risk to do. Finally, I had to consult him on a job board website and he played the worst client ever. I had to try to get requirements out of him while explaining the difference in things I had no clue about. He then ended this fun time with "why booze allen." I told him about how the company is 100 years old, based on a strict moral code, and always delivering award winning work. His response that left me frozen was "yeah, but Delloite has those things too, what makes booze allen different." At the end, He said that I am most likely getting an offer, so that helped me feel better.

Office Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

I was contacted a week prior to my interview for a phone screening. HR asked me questions about my experience and what my salary expectations were. The latter kind of threw me off because I wasn't sure what the range was so I settled on the average salary for my career field which I had researched.

The interview itself was fairly straight forward. I was brought into a conference room and a team member from each part of the office came in. It was kind of a tag team approach, as one finished they would go grab the next person. . I really liked that because they all had different perspectives and explained what their piece of the puzzle was that ultimately contributes to the client's needs.

Interview Questions
    • I felt really over prepared for the experience because they didn't ask any behavioral questions or any typical interview questions really. The only question they did ask was why I wanted to work for the company.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interviews are generally behavior-based questions. You will be grilled around your expertise and fit with the firm's culture. Stay persistent with recruiters; they tend to be lackadaisical with follow-up.

Interview Questions
    The company does not take kindly to negotiation. The recruiter made me feel like they were going to revoke my offer when I asked for more money.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Was referred to by a senior parter and had a full afternoon of interview between partners and senior managers. It was quite interesting process and i kind of enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    not much negotiations as the offer was quite impressive.

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

I applied online and was called back for a telephone screening asking about skills, availability, clearance, etc. The next day they called and asked me to come for an interview. I met with the HR representative first and then had a one-on-one interview and then a group of 3 interviewed me and then the HR representative wrapped it up by telling me that they would let me know something within a week.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer gave me about 20 sheets of paper and a pencil and told me to create a presentation on any topic of my choice in 10 minutes while he was out of the room; and to be ready to present it to him and a couple of others that he would bring when he came back.   View Answer

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2014.

For the position I was applying for, I had an onsite phone interview with the technical lead. Then follow by a face-to-face interview with the program manager. Both interviews took place on the same day on the same site.

Interview Questions
    • There were more behavioral-type questions than technical questions. The technical lead did inquire how I would approach a technical problem if I was stuck.   View Answer
    Negotiation is between me and the recruiter who is serve as the communicator for the hiring manager. We negotiated for a week.