Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former colleague of mine - which I hear is often the only way to an interview at Booz Allen. I interviewed for one group, but the fit was not the best and they did not have enough projects to take another intern. I was then bounced to another group, where I interviewed with a Senior Associate. I was offered the job within a week. Though my on-boarding process was a bit here and there, it was always cordial - even when the interviewer and I could both discern that the projects I would be working on were really not a good fit. The network there is so fantastic that even the hiccups along the way were handled with ease and professionalism.

Senior Consultant, Strategic Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different individuals. Each interview lasted approx. 30 minutes. In a previous interview with the company I also had phone interviews. Whether in person or by phone, BAH puts you in a private interview room. The interviews were pretty thorough compared to other interviews I have had for similar jobs.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with analytics?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter within a few days. We had a brief (20 minute) conversation about my experience. I received an email from an "interview coordinator" the next day who scheduled the interview. When I showed up to the interview, there were two other individuals applying for the same position. That was a little awkward. We were all brought into one conference room and told that Booz hires in anticipation of future project needs, so there was not necessarily one position available, but that different people may have different skills sets needed on the overall team. Each interviewee was sent to a different office and three different individuals rotated between the rooms to conduct 30 minute interviews. The interviews were pretty standard - no tricky questions. Mostly about past experience, why I was interested in working with Booz, what my dream job would be (how I would actually spend my day), lots of behavioral questions and those sorts of things. I received a phone call the next week with an informal offer, then a written offer after negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was fine. Because you are working wiht a recruiter, it makes the situation a bit easier. I was asked salary requirements in phone screening, and they agreed that my requirements were within the range for the position. I was told Booz does not typically negotiate salary, but I was able to make a small increase in base salary.

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

4 30minute interviews with different level associates from team your considered Behavioral questions to determine organizational and team fit Questions about job related skills Questions about how you work within teams and handle pressure

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled conflict in a team? Tell me a time you designed or changed a process? Why Booz Allen Hamilton? Why Consulting? Can you explain how the BAH organization is set up?   1 Answer

Business Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. You arrive, meet with your recruiter then you go to a select area where you will be interviewed. Instead of being interviewed in a panel, you are interviewed in phases. Each phase last roughly 30 minutes. Each a series of questions about what you currently do and how you would fit in to the BAH life. They then go into skill based questions which you answer and move onto the next topic of situation questions. The process is great.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in your dream job?   1 Answer

Another offer came in before.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

It started with a call from the recruiter who found my resume in her database and briefly discussed my interests and my desire to work at the company. I was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. I went to the office and started the interview with multiple candidates where we were told about the company and the type of opportunities available. Then we broke out and individually met with 3 interviewers. The interviewers each asked personality/behavioral type questions. There was no case study. After the interview I was offered a job 3 days later and started work 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Lead Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, disjointed, ambiguous and unclear at BAH in terms of their interview process. No job description, no explanation of day to day duties or who the hiring manager/boss would be.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my background. Nothing specific to the job. The DID NOT have a job description ready by the time I had my in-person interview which was very disappointing and left me very unprepared. The recruiter just gave me very high-level info on what the job entailed. Enough to peak my interested, but not nearly enough for me to prepare. When I arrived on site for the interview, I had one name of a person to meet with, but I did not know thier title or position or if they were the hiring manager. When I asked "who does this position report to"? She looked at me like I was crazy. She said there really isn't a reporting structure, per se, but there is a person who writes your review. She didn't know who that person was. WOW! Then I met with 2 other guys who asked questions. At the end of it all, I really had no idea what the position entailed. I never heard back from anyone... I can't help but think that if they had given me just a job description, I could have formulated my answers much better and been prepared. I guess that's government contracting for you....   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very organized and professional. Applicants were give a general overview of BAH and benefits, and then presented to their respective interviewers - usually three. At the end of the interview process, about 1-hr, the interviewers meet separately and score the interviewee. This information and the desire to hire were submitted back to the HR recruiters.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest job you have faced and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Senior Lead Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in the DC area. Candidates were obviously well screened and the specific skills needed was vetted. I had a phone screen 3 days later and after an onsite location interview, I had an offer in 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Interview was not speed-date style and was in person during a social function with partners and alliance organizations to see how I would interact. The phone screen was a lot tougher. At this point I believe they had already made a decision. My advice to candidates would be to be real and to the point. There are really smart, energetic and engaged people that work at BAH. My interview experiences with places like Accenture and other 'competitors' were not good at all by comparison.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about a month later. The phone screen was pretty quick, all the questions were basically things she could have gotten from my online application. A week later I was scheduled for an in-person at the Crystal City office. There were about 5 other candidates interviewing for the same position when I got there. Interview was with 3 separate people from the team. Most of the questions focused on why I wanted to work for Booz Allen and some behavioral questions. Interviewers were not very relaxed and it was not really a great experience. I wasn't interested in working for them anymore and accepted another offer.