Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.7

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

One Interview mostly interested because of Military background and education. Hiring process took more than a month mainly because of holidays in Nov and December. HR was communicative and were responsive.

Interview Questions

• Ways to deal with Government System and bureaucracy.
      Knowledge of Advanced data

Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered possibly the lowest amount of Salary in entire United States in a high cost of living city such as Washington DC especially for someone that is married. Weren't willing to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was bull-pen style. First a woman gave an introduction about the firm. I then talked to two interviewers who rotated around the room. I talked to each interviewer for approximately half an hour. They asked basic questions about my education and experience and my aspirations for future work and reasons for applying to the firm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate benefits - this is standard practice at Booz Allen. I accepted the offer without negotiating, I felt the offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

HR set up a set of 3 one-hour interviews on a Friday. One was with an Associate and two were with Senior Associates. Interview focused on understanding of the firm's business, culture, and values, as well as behavioral questions. Behavioral questions were in the form: "Give me an example of a time when you..." Team debrief happened immediately following. HR called Monday afternoon with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to display empathy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Impressed! After a telephone screen, by a very polished BAH Sr. Recruiter, Invited to attend a speed dating like interview event where candidates could interview with different managers working on distinct projects. Lots of coordination required of the BAH folks, but everything went smoothly and according to plan. The managers I interviewed with were both down to earth, professional and new what they were talking about. For the first time in awhile, I walked away from an interview(s) with a very positive feeling for the company and all the BAH employees I encountered along the way.

Interview Questions

• What did you find out about the company that you did not glean from researching the company or the brief orientation that you received prior to your interview today?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

I got an on campus interview the day after the career fair at my school. I had two interviews with different groups at the DC office. After the interviews, I was given a verbal offer and they said they would fly me down to check out both groups before extended a formal, written offer. Everyone I spoke to was nice and intelligent. I was very surprised to be given an offer so quickly.

Interview Questions

• I had one normal case (a business decision that required asking more questions for information and a lot fo mental math), then I had a case with no math where they simply asked me what my general approach to the problem would be. I liked this because there was little pressure to arrive at a 'right answer' in the second case - they just wanted to see how I think about problems.

I was given a choice of a coding interview question or a brainteaser, and I chose the brainteaser. It was pretty straightforward.

Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't actually accepted the offer yet because I am still interviewing with other companies, but there is a good chance I will take it.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was referred-in by current employee with the company, who also gave me the hiring manager's name. I sent my cover letter-resume to the hiring manager directly. A couple weeks later, I was contacted by an external recruiter who did a very cursory 15 minute phone interview. A couple weeks later I was contacted by a junior team member and we did two case exercises over the phone. I was then invited to final round where I interviewed with 6 team members, each of varying levels of seniority and each conducting a case exercise.

In general the case exercises were not particularly difficult and there were no typical brain-teaser questions.

I heard back over two weeks later that I hadn't been offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. One slightly challenging case.   1 Answer

Management Consulting Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (Herndon, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied directly to the company and was contacted for an initial screening interview in less than a week. From that, I was asked back for an in person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a situation in which I failed at getting the result from a situation that I was spearheading at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was a smooth one. My initial phone screen was with the recruiter. She conformed my face-to-face at the end. The following week I went in for my interview. The interview was in a conference room and resembled speed dating. I remained seated and the managers moved from table to table. I interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Why Booz Allen Hamilton and not Deloitte, Accenture, or a McKinsey?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was easy. I didn't ask for much so I got what I requested.

Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a super day. You do three back-to-back interviews that are 1:1 style. Most questions are about your resume but there are some situational/case-type questions thrown in there.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about the experiences on my resume, particularly the technical ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton (McLean, VA).

Interview

I was referred to the company before I submitted my application. If you're not referred I wouldn't even bother submitting an application. First round I had a ten minute phone screening with my recruiter. It was very simple. "Why Booz Allen, Tell me about your job" things like that. Afterwards we set up an interview date. The interview was 90 minutes long and consisted of three people at 30 minute slots. Everything was back to back to back so there was no time to rest. The first interview consisted of informational questions and a few behavioral questions. The next two were strictly behavorial questions. Booz Allen stresses that you answer these type of questions using the STAR (Situation, Task, Approach, Result) approach. If you don't know what behavorial questions are then you need to find out! Overall the interviewers seemed to care more about fit than anything else so make sure you fit in to Booz Allen's firm culture if you want the job. I was given an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person when you were in a position of leadership?   Answer Question