Booz Allen Hamilton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Vienna, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

Interview Details – Was referred to by a senior parter and had a full afternoon of interview between partners and senior managers. It was quite interesting process and i kind of enjoyed it.

Interview Question – Why wouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiations as the offer was quite impressive.

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Cyber Security Analyst
Herndon, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in May 2010.

Interview Details – I interned because I knew somebody (which is about 90% of the good BAH people). I intereviewed after my internship and they hired me on the spot. I truely enjoyed interning (they used to spoil the interns when we were a private company....not so much anymore).

Interview Question – Is there anyone here that you don't like? and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple. they came with a solid offer. I interviewed with 3 other companies during my last year of school and the offer was the best because of the ECAP....which now doesn't matter. Note; the ECAP was a 10% retirement contribution from the firm on top of what you made.....not from your income. It is now completely gone.

Intern Research Assistant Level APII Interview

Intern Research Assistant Level APII
Saint Inigoes, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview

Interview Question – Abilities in Statistical analysis such as abilities in Excel.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted within a week of submitting an application (I also have a PhD, so the need to network may be less for higher credentials). From there, it took a VERY long time to get hired. Probably about 3 months.

Interview Question – I didn't think any were difficult, but I would make sure that you mention their core values in your interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got 10k less than I wanted, but they gave me 10k cap to move. Wasn't exactly pleased with this stage.

Network Engineer (Entry) Interview

Network Engineer (Entry)
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call within a week. Set up an interview date. When I arrived, there were other candidates waiting for the recruiter. We all when up together, there were about 8 of us, and were given a quick orientation. Then we sat with the hiring managers who were each waiting for us in a room that was labeled with our names. I interviewed for the network engineer manager first. He asked me a TCP/UDP question and DMZ question. Then 30 minutes later I interviewed with 2 more managers. Its been exactly a week and I'm still waiting for a response from HR. They said we should hear back from them in a week.

Interview Question – Asked me about DMZ and how it works   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – I gave my interview to someone I knew that worked there. About a month later, in December I got an call about scheduling an in person interview. It was near christmas, and we tried to schedule for the week before but were unable to. In January I e-mailed the recruiter to try and confirm the rescheduling of the interview. She got back to me quickly and the interview was scheduled for the next week. Lots of documents needed to be filled out online before the interview. Once I arrived at the McLean office for the interview, I was led to a room for my interviews. I had 4 interviews, a Senior Associate, a Lead Associate, an Associate and two programmers. The Senior Lead, and Regular associate mostly talked about the company but also asked questions about how I would deal with things. They were mostly behavioral questions. The two programmers mostly asked about my resume, what I knew about various programming styles and how I dealt with problems when I was on teams. A week after this interview I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how I dealt with issues in the various teams I was.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a referral going in which I think makes it a lot easier if you want that initial screening. Once my application was processed, they called me the next day. A few question about my interests and as expected, they asked about my salary expectation at the very end so be sure you got a range in your mind.

About 3 weeks later, I had my interview at the Mclean office where I sat down with an Associate and a Senior Associate separately for 30 minutes. I think the recruiter sends your resume to managers based on your interest, and the ones who are interested are the ones who interview you. At the interviewing offices, there were five other applicants and more sitting in the waiting area. They sat me in a small room no bigger than a college bathroom with a manager waiting for me. I think the key to the interview was developing a conversation out of your experience as well as expressing why you are a fit for the company culture. Booz wants team players who are willing to learn the necessary skills. Be sure to always ask question during your conversation. After both interviews, I took both of their business cards and left with the first five interviewees I walked in with. They said they would contact me in a week, and they didnt. They did not get back to me until a month with a verbal offer. Overall, everyone I have spoken with either over the phone or in person has been very polite and professional. I think aside from the type of work they do, the people are definitely something to look forward to.

Interview Question – At the very last minute, one of the Associates threw in a general case study. This threw me off because I did not prepare for this and I read Booz Allen does not do case studies. Be prepared for one regardless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate, never feel comfortable with what you are offered. The worse that can happen is they say no and you take the original offer.

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in January 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application online in December 2013. Was contacted in January for a phone interview. Went in to the office in McLean for an interview. I met with three different people. They put me in a small room, and every 30 minutes the interviewers would switch. I was contacted with an offer a month and a half later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? How do you manage your time and prioritize?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, salary was exactly as I requested.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process went very smoothly. I initially had a phone screen and then was scheduled for an interview with several other applicants. You aren't interviewed together, but you do get an opportunity to meet other applicants before your interviews. Take time to get to know them if you can - they may be your future colleagues. Each applicant was assigned a room and interviewers cycled in and out. Most of the interview questions I received were behavioral, but I also received one case question. Overall, the interviews were more of a conversation about my experience and how I could add value to the firm.

Interview Question – How would you determine how many trees are in Central Park?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had 3 phone interviews. 1st with HR, second 2 with Senior Associates

Interview Question – All questions were standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate