Booz & Company

Getting the Interview

105 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Booz & Company in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred as an "experienced hire" by a friend and I ended up interviewing for two service lines. The first group I applied to never responded, but I found another job listing for a different group and asked the recruiter if she would forward me to the lead. That started a 3-month process which included 8 total interviews (national recruiter, local recruiter, two phone interviews, four in-person). In all I was given 4 cases; one focused on reorganizing the Finance function, one focused on basic business algebra, one focused on client management (role playing), and one focused on strategic problem solving. All-in-all, the process was very thorough, friendly and engaging. I prepared more for these interviews than any other in my life, and that paid off. I think what helped me the most was consciously keeping my answers very clear and short.

Interview Questions

• "So why are you here?"   View Answer
  • "Our client needs to save $30M over the next 12 months, they are planning to make this savings through employee attrition. Will they reach their goal? What else can they do to increase savings?"   View Answer
  • "I am the CFO of one of our clients, and you have to convince me that Booz can add value to my function. I have strongly opposed Booz's involvement..."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a great offer, I did not negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

Interviewed at Booz & Company

Interview Details – Well organized and prompt all the interviews started and ended as schedule

Interview Question – What is the greatest value we can add as consultants?   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Summer Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruiting, first round on monday final round that friday

Interview Question – How would you value a hospital?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview Details – Applied through my university's career center. About 1-2 days after resume drop closed, I was cold-called in the morning. I asked if we could move it to later (said I had a meeting to go to) and so we moved it to the afternoon. He asked a few riddles and math questions and some fit questions. Then asked some more technical questions on the area I was applying to. He was very polite. However, I never received word back until I e-mailed him a few weeks later.

Interview Question – What are the biggest problems with F18s?   Answer Question

Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Booz & Company in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on line in Nov. 2013. The process took 3 months. A couple of weeks later I got an email from a recruiter to set-up a phone screen. The phone screen was basic information on Booz and behavioral questions for me and how my skill set would fit for this opportunity. I passed the screening and had a phone interview with a principal that lasted about 50 minutes. I then had a phone interview with a senior associate that lasted 45 minutes. I was then invited to interview face to face a day long process. I had three face to face interviews with two principals and one senior associate. Mostly behavioral question and two case studies. Overall the interviewers were very laid back and friendly to chat with. The case studies were regular cases if you are use to doing case studies you will do find. I interviewed in person the third Friday in Jan. Got feedback back that following Tuesday informing me that they would like to put an offer together for me. Got an offer a weeks later. After negotiations accepted the position the following week.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary pretty straight forward. Which I liked. How can your skills set help Booz if you are selected for this position? What value would you bring?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher salary it took a week to get an offer back because of approvals that were needed. It was what I asked for with an additional incentive.

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in September 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of case interviews with partners

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible. It's a standard offer that's made for people in the same cohort

Summer Consultant Interview

Summer Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Booz & Company in February 2014.

Interview Details – There were two 45-minute interviews which both went over your background and had you do a case study. The cases were actually easier than I thought, and the interviewers were really nice. The interviewers both seemed to like me and also both said I did a good job on the cases, so it is a bit of a black box right now as to what they're looking for. I almost wish the interviewers hadn't said I did well, as they ended up getting my hopes up. Good luck.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when things didn't go as expected.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Intern Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview Details – Applied for Booz's DBT practice; used on-campus recruiting; timeline: applilcation process began before the end of fall semester, received interview notification a few weeks after, interviewed a week into the new spring semester; 2 back to back interviews each 30 minutes long; smooth process; friendly interviewers; Case was straightforward; computations were easy

Interview Question – What do you believe will be the potential effects of our recent acquisition? How should we go about our organizational management?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company.

Interview Details – Initially started as connection with recruiting department, I got a nice letter from the local office in SOCAL that was doing the hiring for the position, and I received a phone call. Then had two on site interviews in two weeks, behavioral, case based but not formal, and several informational sessions. It was then proceeded by a long teleconference with a partner in Seattle.

Interview Question – What do you like about your career direction that Booz can complement?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Job responsibilities not in line with my career goals.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Booz & Company

Interview Details – Typical Case interview structure. Lots of finance cases. Not too difficult but important to show your thought process. Second round more difficult because the cases were more open ended and required you to show your business thinking and creativity instead of just showing you can do the Math.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself. Intro question asked in both first round Interviews.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Booz & Company

Worked for Booz & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booz & Company interview questions and advice. All 105 interview reviews posted anonymously by Booz & Company employees and interview candidates.