Booz & Company

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.5

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Booz & Company in May 2011.

After submitting my resume, I received an email inviting me to interview with a recruiting coordinator by phone. I set up a time for the following week. The interviewer called me a few minutes after he was supposed to, and we talked about my background and experiences, and then he talked for a bit about the firm and outlined the rest of the interview process.

I went into the office to interview along with a number of other interviewees, and met with four people for about 45 minutes each. I was asked case study questions as well as behavioral questions, and each interview concluded with a few minutes where I could question the interviewer. One interviewer asked me about my personal interests after we had gone through everything else.

I received the call about a week later.

Throughout the process I was kept updated on the progress of my application. The recruiting coordinator was very professional and responded quickly to any questions I had. Overall, this was an excellent interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • After I told my interviewer what my interests were I was asked to explain them further - what specifically I liked, how often I did a certain activity, whether is was a sustained interest or something new. I found the follow up questions surprising. Be sure to discuss your actual passions and interests in case of follow up questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz & Company in February 2011.

On-campus MBA interview followed by in-office interview. Had a coach and lots of people to speak with.

Did not negotiate

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz & Company in January 2011.

2 case interviews. each consisted of some part and some fit.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Booz & Company in November 2010.

Consisted of 2 interviews one by a Senior Associate and one by a partner.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz & Company in October 2010.

I applied through my school and got a phone call from an alumnus who worked there. In less then a week I had two 1:1 interviews (back-to-back) that took place at my school's career center. In a couple of days I got invited for a presentation & prep session at their office. In less than a week I had my final 1:1 interviews with a senior consultant and a partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz & Company in September 2010.

3 rounds of case interviews with partners

No negotiation possible. It's a standard offer that's made for people in the same cohort

Senior Associate SA1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Booz & Company in September 2010.

Interviews are based on behavioral questions and cases. Behavioral include questions around fit with organization based on past experiences. Standard questions are asked to determine leadership abilities, analytic prowess, and communication skills - both written and oral. Dependent of level for which one is being interviewed, cases can be either industry specific or general.

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable. More difficult questions arise in cases, which often vary based on level being interviewed for.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Booz & Company in August 2010.

Two rounds of interviews
    Case based interviews

Interview Questions
    • Why switching from financial services to consulting?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz & Company in April 2010.

Talked to recruiter first, then a phone interview, and then came in and interviewed with 3 people in one day. Received an offer within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Booz & Company in April 2010.

First talked to Booz recruiter, then a phone screen, followed by 3 in-person interviews in one day.