Booz & Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Summer Interview

Business Analyst Summer
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through the university career website and heard back regarding first round interviews within 3 weeks. I was originally supposed to have a set of two one-hour in-person interviews at the university career website but due to natural disasters, I had a phone interview instead. After passing the first round, I went to New York for a final round interview where I had both a behavioral and case interview.

Interview Question – Business Case regarding a new drug that cures cancer   Answer Question

Senior Associate SA1 Interview

Senior Associate SA1
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interviews are based on behavioral questions and cases. Behavioral include questions around fit with organization based on past experiences. Standard questions are asked to determine leadership abilities, analytic prowess, and communication skills - both written and oral. Dependent of level for which one is being interviewed, cases can be either industry specific or general.

Interview Question – Not applicable. More difficult questions arise in cases, which often vary based on level being interviewed for.   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Strategy Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in August 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews
Case based interviews

Interview Question – Why switching from financial services to consulting?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in September 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of case interviews with partners

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible. It's a standard offer that's made for people in the same cohort

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Booz & Company in February 2011.

Interview Details – On-campus MBA interview followed by in-office interview. Had a coach and lots of people to speak with.

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through my school and got a phone call from an alumnus who worked there. In less then a week I had two 1:1 interviews (back-to-back) that took place at my school's career center. In a couple of days I got invited for a presentation & prep session at their office. In less than a week I had my final 1:1 interviews with a senior consultant and a partner.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Booz & Company in November 2010.

Interview Details – Consisted of 2 interviews one by a Senior Associate and one by a partner.

Interview Question – A Technology firm is looking to increase profits   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Booz & Company in October 2011.

Interview Details – applied thru on campus recruiting, got called, went on campus interview, 2 back to back cases, estimation and outsourcing and a few laid back fit questions, interviewers were alum, so it was friendly,

Interview Question – why not Bain, why us   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process of setting up interviews took 3 weeks. However, once the interview was done, I recevied feedback fairly quickly.
I interviewed with 2 partners and a principal. All were very smart and spoke highly of Booz and Co.

Interview Question – A case study for expanding business model   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Booz & Company in May 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I received an email inviting me to interview with a recruiting coordinator by phone. I set up a time for the following week. The interviewer called me a few minutes after he was supposed to, and we talked about my background and experiences, and then he talked for a bit about the firm and outlined the rest of the interview process.

I went into the office to interview along with a number of other interviewees, and met with four people for about 45 minutes each. I was asked case study questions as well as behavioral questions, and each interview concluded with a few minutes where I could question the interviewer. One interviewer asked me about my personal interests after we had gone through everything else.

I received the call about a week later.

Throughout the process I was kept updated on the progress of my application. The recruiting coordinator was very professional and responded quickly to any questions I had. Overall, this was an excellent interview experience.

Interview Question – After I told my interviewer what my interests were I was asked to explain them further - what specifically I liked, how often I did a certain activity, whether is was a sustained interest or something new. I found the follow up questions surprising. Be sure to discuss your actual passions and interests in case of follow up questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Booz & Company? Contribute to the Community!