Borders Barista Interview Questions

2.0

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Borders.

Interview

Short 5 minute interview...got the job

Interview Questions

• They were all fairly easy, I think I had the job before I walked in   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Borders

Barista Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Borders (Tucson, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

Called to come in for a group interview with the store manager and cafe manager. Ask typical interview questions (name positive, negative about yourself etc.). They were looking someone to fill in for typical retail hours and offered after only one interview. Positive process overall.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Borders (Raleigh, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

I was called within a week to interview. Interview was geared towards customer service. Sample questions..name a time you've made a mistake, what did you do to make things right?....Have you ever had to be persuasive? What was the approach/outcome?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating on my part. This was a part-time job to supplement another job

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Borders in August 2008.

Interview

Applied online via a job listings web site. One week later, was asked to come in for a one on one interview with the store manager, who asked various questions about my bckground and responces to certain situations including rude customers and being unsure what to do for certain situaions. Was then asked if clarification was needed for self on the part of what the job detailed, rules and regulations and personal appearance, etc. Recieved a phone call one week later in which i was given the information that they would like to hire me.

The current Manager at thte time for Rainbow and Lakemead Location did not give hints via body language or voice tone as to how well the interview is going for them.

Culture varies based on employee. Management tends to be strict, though if the employee is meeting standards to their expectations, somewhat relaxed.

Hourly Wages differ for posistion. (example; Cafe employees make $8.00 starting with potential 25 cent/ year wage increase while cashiers for "book side" start out at minimum wage with the same wage increase potential.

Customer service is a number one at this location. Dealing with unpleasant or unhappy customers with a cheerful and helpful manner is a must at this location. When interviewing, smile often and be sincere. Just answering the way you think is right, tends to put people off here.

If you have a love of the merchandise or have been a long time customer, the faculty tends to warm up to you a bit moe quickly than otherwise.

Information given here valid during Winter of 2009. Employees, management and policy may have changed with time.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst customer situation you encountered and how sis you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle stress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none.

Barista Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Borders in July 2008.

Interview

It is easiest to become a regular customer first and then apply for the job. I befriended an employee and got her to recommend me for the job. My interview was just a formality as I already had barista experience and a recommendation from an employee in good standing. I had one ten minute interview and started work two days later. The process was simple and quick.