Borders

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Canoga Park, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Borders in July 2009.

Interview Details – They ask about sales experience and literature knowledge.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Borders in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was a job fair for a new store, so we went in, and the General Manager was sitting at a desk where he was interviewing all day.

Interview Question – What things do you not want to do in your job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase.

Book Seller

The process took a day - interviewed at Borders in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was called by the hiring manager and she asked me a few basic questions about availability, and the job i was currently holding. She then set up an interview for that week. The interview was one on one and she asked me pretty standard questions, mostly situational questions like "tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer?' and 'what does customer service mean to you' and 'why do you want this job?', etc. there wasn't really any role playing or other curve balls. it was all very standard. I was called a few days later and offered the job.

Interview Question – Have you ever disagreed with a manager, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Borders

Worked for Borders? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Borders Book Seller interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Borders employees and interview candidates.