BorgWarner

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.6

Manufacturing Coop Interview

Got a phone interview from talking to them at a career fair. Week later got an offer letter in my inbox. Everyone was helpful during the process in better explaining what I would be doing

Interview Questions
    • Out of what we described, where do you think you would fit in best?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

First you will have to meet with HR after the application is filled out. HR will do a wonderlic test with you, a mechanical test as well as a "how long will you be there" type of assessment. After that you will meet with engineers and supervisors for an actual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty straight forward. They asked about things you have worked on   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BorgWarner.

Two round of interview. Both rounds are very behavioral in which the manager just wanted to get to know me a bit more and understand my background/experience and how I will fit with the company

No negotiation

IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at BorgWarner in March 2014.

There were two rounds of interviews. The first was a short phone call with the hiring manager. The second interview was a half day onsite. It was mostly small panels. The interviewers asked a lot of the typical questions about items on my resume, some behavioral and tech screen question.

Interview Questions
    • How to prevent someone in the warehouse from pulling the wrong material and shipping it to the customer?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BorgWarner in December 2013.

After sending in a resume I had a phone interview with multiple engineers. Questions regarding classes taken and past and current projects were asked. The interview is geared more towards what you are interested in and where you would fit best for the available positions.

Product Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellwood, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellwood, IL

I applied online – interviewed at BorgWarner in August 2013.

Will ask you questions about past experience related to CAD drawing and Excel

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BorgWarner in February 2013.

The process was very professional. The company is very thorough, the interview was a two step interview. The first interview was a basic meeting going over the application. The next meeting was more in depth. The final contact was an acceptance or rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • How much information do you have about our company? And do you see from our conversation, any improvements that could be implemented.   Answer Question
    Basic over view, compensation, benefits , stock options and 401-k

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden, NC

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BorgWarner in October 2012.

Plant is clean & in order. People interviewed with were professional, courteous and went to great effort to make me feel comfortable with the process....no surprises. They were thurough in what they needed and the position requirements. HR was very helpful with filling in any information gaps or questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to submit a technical manual about you to the team, what would it say?   Answer Question
    Offer was at my value & expectation (they knew my requirements), so I did not have to negotiate for pay. I did need to negotiate a start date since it was non-standard (4 weeks).

Development and Validation Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BorgWarner in September 2012.

I was contacted by a very nice HR woman who was easy to work with when getting an interview set up. I was able to make it in the following week to interview, which started with some short easy questions by the HR woman, which helped to set me at ease. Next the engineering manager and supervisor came in and went through basic questions asking about software and techniques I've used in the past. Since they were having difficulty coming up with extra questions they went to the standard HR prepared ones like, explain a creative solution that you've come up with to a problem or explain a time where you had to take the lead in a group in order to follow through on a project.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me a question about explaining my understanding of the six sigma process and I couldn't really come up with anything since I've never work with it   View Answer
    The offer was very good and firm, but I still tried to negotiate slightly after the offer. I thought that the skills I bring to the table were a little better than their offer so I told them that, but they came back with the fact that for the experience level they were above competitive and that the offer would stay as is.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BorgWarner in August 2012.

Everything prior to the interview was conducted via email. There were two interviews on the same day, back to back - one with the HR, and one with the department manager - which lasted approximately 2 hours.
    The questions were the basic questions that are asked at most interviews like, "Why BorgWarner?", "What are your strengths and weaknesses?". Also, there were many questions regarding my employment history and education. After all questions were asked, they went on to explain more about what the internship will entail, and what the company is about.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing that was too difficult or out of the ordinary. The questions were very generic and are included in any interview from other companies.   Answer Question