BorgWarner Interview Questions

2.6

Product Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellwood, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellwood, IL

I applied online - interviewed at BorgWarner in August 2013.

Will ask you questions about past experience related to CAD drawing and Excel

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dixon, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BorgWarner in July 2011.

Telephonic interview was based on the resume and general work experience and educational background.
    There were 2 on site interviews. Got a brief plant tour and whas asked to review a quote that the Hiring Manager had on the desk.
    Went through 5 interviews with the Engineering, Finance, HR and Plant manager
    The Engineering Manager asked about the PPAP stages in detail.
    There were some questions on SAP experience.

The second on site was more of a formality. If you get a call for a second on site, you have most probably got the job.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BorgWarner in February 2013.

The process was very professional. The company is very thorough, the interview was a two step interview. The first interview was a basic meeting going over the application. The next meeting was more in depth. The final contact was an acceptance or rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • How much information do you have about our company? And do you see from our conversation, any improvements that could be implemented.   Answer Question
    Basic over view, compensation, benefits , stock options and 401-k

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BorgWarner in August 2012.

Everything prior to the interview was conducted via email. There were two interviews on the same day, back to back - one with the HR, and one with the department manager - which lasted approximately 2 hours.
    The questions were the basic questions that are asked at most interviews like, "Why BorgWarner?", "What are your strengths and weaknesses?". Also, there were many questions regarding my employment history and education. After all questions were asked, they went on to explain more about what the internship will entail, and what the company is about.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing that was too difficult or out of the ordinary. The questions were very generic and are included in any interview from other companies.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BorgWarner in January 2009.

I was brought in by a staffing company. I completed one or two phone interviews with engineering not HR. I then completed a full day panel interview. All questions that were asked seemed very reasonably. You should be prepare to answer questions about your past experience and give examples etc. I had experience and interest in the core product area. Therefore it was not hard to show interest in product line. I think showing interest in product and willingness to learn and were key to getting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the design process   View Answer
    • How were you able to get something done in a expidated situation.   View Answer
    I was asked what my salary requirement were at the end of my interview day. I received an offer slightly higher with relocation etc.

Sales Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at BorgWarner in October 2009.

Came from another internal group - was offered a similar job in another division. Basically you get the typical HR questions, then a manager comes in and asks a few of their own. Helps if you know someone within the company that can refer you. Usually you get at least two interviews - one with HR and one with the boss.

Interview Questions
    Not too much room for negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BorgWarner in August 2008.

Applied through my school's career services site. Was called by an HR generalist and had a short phone interview of about 15-20 mins. General interview questions: What did you do in this situation? Why this company? What would you do here? etc. Then set up another phone interview with the manager of the department. This interview was much less formal. Started with a few general questions then the conversation turned to leisure activities. About a week later I was flown to the plant to meet with everyone and given a tour. At this point I had already received an offer but was told to wait until I was able to see the plant and get a feel for the place before accepting.

Interview Questions
    • No abnormal questions. Since it was over the phone i couldn't tell but it seemed like they had a general list of questions that you're likely to get from any interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Worked for BorgWarner? Contribute to the Community!