Boronia Capital Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boronia Capital

Software Developer (C++) Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boronia Capital (North Sydney (Australia)) in July 2011.

Interview

There were three stages and one more I did not get to. Firstly, phone screening which was pretty easy and contained a dozen of general questions, including polymorphism, virtual functions mechanism, database indexes. Also I was asked about IDE and source control tools used before. Secondly, face-to-face interview in their office with more complicated questions, related to constness, type-safety, multithreading. There were no questions about my previous experience - we went through list of already predefined technical topics. I found questions as reasonable and practical, and my interviewer was very competent in technical domain. I was good enough to get into third stage then - home exercise to write Boggle game simulator. Unfortunately, my code was not aligned with 'company requirements' (whatever it means) according to feedback I got from agent, and I was not invited to final stage - check for personal suitability towards company's values.

Interview Questions

• Compare console application, UI-based and server applications in terms of memory management, error handling, debugging, testing, deployment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Boronia Capital (Sydney (Australia)) in December 2008.

Interview

I had two interviews - a phone screening and onsite interview. The screening was pretty standard simple test - checking whether you know programming basics or not. Pretty common knowledge test, I think the interviewr had a list of questions he had to go through, ticking the right answers - a kind of a recruiter job of filtering out non-it people. I was surprise that the on-site interview was the same knowledge-based test with more numerous and esoteric questions. I managed to survive (but not to pass) almost an hour avalanche of questions like "What's the difference between virtual and static function", "List the access modificators for a function", "What are the memory types available (stack & heap)", "What GLYDSAA stands for?" etc. I hate this kind of interviews, most of the questions take 5 minus to find out and understand, no brain required. To my view, I did it pretty well, answering most of the questions, definetely screwed up some. Received an email some time after saying standard "unfortunately" with no feedback.

Interview Questions