Bosch Security

Updated Aug 26, 2014

Electrical Engineering Technical Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Bosch Security in July 2014.

Email contact, then a one-hour phone interview with the first HR representative, next there was a one-hour phone interview with another HR rep and the hiring manager, then there was a technical phone interview with the two most senior engineers on the team, then there was a site visit and facility tour including interviews with HR, hiring manager, technical team members, peers and PM manager.

Interview Questions
    • What are depletion mode MOSFETs and how are they used?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bosch Security.

First I went through a phone screening interview and then was asked to interview in person. I met with three manager separately, as was basically asked the same questions. I was asked specific questions about project management (experience with MS Project, knowledge of CCPM) and questions about my soft skills and leading teams of diverse job descriptions.

Interview Questions
    • One question concerned how to handle a missed deadline. Or more specifically, how to best communicate that a deadline will be missed.   Answer Question
    The company did not negotiate at all, the terms that they offered were the only option, it was take it or leave it.

Quality and Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Bosch Security in June 2013.

Applied on website, live local and got a call from the corporate recruiter. Very laid back interview process with hiring manager and site HR. Nice flow and easy to talk with. Seem to be great people and a solid organization with many, many processes.

Interview Questions
    • Process heavy organization so they asked how I deal with many corporate driven processes and how to influence when one size really does not fit all.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer_ Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bosch Security.

Had a phone interview, two weeks after talking to company representatives at a university career fair. The position was for a rotational program, that is based from Chicago. The phone interview was with an HR personnel and was purely behavioral-based questions. The interviewer was nice enough, seemed very positive and concise. Seemed that the interview went well, however did not get the next round interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your expected starting salary? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Research Engineer At Stationary Energy Storage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Bosch Security in August 2012.

This was for a position at Palo Alto. I had an hour long phone interview where I was asked the standard questions about my background and teamwork, and then about some specifics of the battery technology they were looking for. Then I was flown out for an on site interview, where I met the team, and had gave a 40-min presentation on my research, followed by a technical interview, and then HR interview in the afternoon. The team took me out to lunch and overall the process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was testing my knowledge on flow battery systems, with which I had very little experience.   Answer Question

Junior Manager Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bosch Security in June 2011.

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview next day. The phone interview was behavioral interview questions and lasted about an hour. The interviewer did not start by explaining the position, started directly with the questions and refused to provide her email adress at the end of the interview, which was odd.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you had to prioritize your work/   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bosch Security in January 2011.

Multiple people interviewing me, easy going. peers included and hiring manager.
    Not too disorganized. extra resumes came in handy. felt good at the end. received a quick response.
    I have had worse

none

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bosch Security in January 2010.

Standard large company process. Phone interview followed by them flying me out for face to face interview. My situation was good because of two situations, they were in a hurry to hire somebody with the skills and experience that matched mine almost exactly and their salary range was fine with me. So we had a great match, also I had met my future manager at a conference, so we had already met in a relaxed atmosphere.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

interview is purely based on c programming and microcontroleers.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bosch Security.

Written exam which includes three sections that are technical, aptitude and English followed by Group discussion and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why should Bosch select you? how are you different than others?   Answer Question